Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default Late start on sentient weapons

    Just got my first sentient weapon yesterday on my alt, who I intend to use to get the tokens and such to fuel my main's remaining racial TRs.
    Anyway I managed to make an epic bejeweled letter opener yesterday and I figure it'll make a decent platform as a level 20 sentient weapon for the low level epic stuff I'll need to be running.
    After tossing some stuff I've never used on the fire, the jewel will support 2 filigrees. Longer term I expect I can probably get this one up to 3 or 4. This will probably be a warlock weapon mostly (carrying 90 devotion/resonance/nullification in ruby, +40 heal amp which appears to stack with my cannith crafted heal amp on my armor). Any suggestions for filigrees for it?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Grats on your first sentient weapons. The filigree will depend on what kind of warlock you are. If you are a DC caster go 4x Eye of the Beholder + 3x Charisma. If you are more of a blaster, look for spellpower. If you are a tanklock, something that will keep you alive longer.
    Stratis on Khyber

    Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

  3. #3
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,758

    Default

    You get filigree when you run the new Barovia quests and Age of Rage quests...

    Just read the descriptions and use the ones you want.

    Getting two slots is fairly easy, getting four or five will take a while. You might want to go with one set that has a good 2 slot bonus, and save the ones that have a good 4 slot bonus for later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Grats on your first sentient weapons. The filigree will depend on what kind of warlock you are. If you are a DC caster go 4x Eye of the Beholder + 3x Charisma. If you are more of a blaster, look for spellpower. If you are a tanklock, something that will keep you alive longer.

    Out of curiosity, how rare are 'rare' filigrees? and rare filigree sets? My alt that I'm using is 2nd life with fairly decent gear handed down to him and is using a Souleater T5 with Tainted scholar capstone setup, so he mixes cone blasting damage with evards, thralls and some other dc casting stuff. So charisma and +spellpower are all really welcome

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    Out of curiosity, how rare are 'rare' filigrees? and rare filigree sets? My alt that I'm using is 2nd life with fairly decent gear handed down to him and is using a Souleater T5 with Tainted scholar capstone setup, so he mixes cone blasting damage with evards, thralls and some other dc casting stuff. So charisma and +spellpower are all really welcome
    If you can run through the entire Ravenloft saga on R1 (solo or in a group, which usually isn't hard to find) you will usually end up with a handful of rare filigree. If your friends are with you and willing to trade, there's more rare filigree. AH and ASAH usually have them as well, though some of the shard prices are a little wacky sometimes.
    Stratis on Khyber

    Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Also, the events are easy ways to feed them, so wait for the Halloween event or birthday, Cove if it ever comes back.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Also, the events are easy ways to feed them, so wait for the Halloween event or birthday, Cove if it ever comes back.

    Wonder if you can use tier 1 cove items (don't require green dragonshards, just those gems and coins we're all stuffed to the gills with), 120 sentient xp (24*5) a pop.

  8. #8
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    Wonder if you can use tier 1 cove items (don't require green dragonshards, just those gems and coins we're all stuffed to the gills with), 120 sentient xp (24*5) a pop.
    Based on the fact that you can't feed them with Thunderforged stuff, I doubt it. We'll see though
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    When it comes right down to it, a Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorcerer. You give up some of the damage and self sustain from being a Sorc for the advantage of being able to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Another question, if you decide to make a sentient weapon out of a CITW weapon, do you need to upgrade it to its final state before you make it sentient? Or just upgrade it as far as you're going to (will a citw upgrade destroy a sentient jewel?). ALso, if you get a citw with mythic bonus, does a citw upgrade destroy that?

  10. #10
    Community Member Vua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Based on the fact that you can't feed them with Thunderforged stuff, I doubt it. We'll see though
    I never tried upgraded Thunderforged but I fed mine about 20 base Thunderforge weapons.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,182

    Default

    "Its never too late if you stick to the program..." - Team Rocket's Meowth

  12. #12
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Beholder or Otto set with 4 charisma
    Damonz Cannith

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    Wonder if you can use tier 1 cove items (don't require green dragonshards, just those gems and coins we're all stuffed to the gills with), 120 sentient xp (24*5) a pop.
    Cove items cannot be fed. Dev said that initially but I forgot and tried anyway, so it does actually function that way, not just should.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Cove items cannot be fed. Dev said that initially but I forgot and tried anyway, so it does actually function that way, not just should.

    Yeah I tried a level 20 tier 1 epic cutthroat's smallblade, no dice.

  15. #15
    Founder Kylstrem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    2,962

    Default

    base thunderforged weapons are definitely food for them and those are cheap to make.

  16. #16
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Based on the fact that you can't feed them with Thunderforged stuff, I doubt it. We'll see though
    Quote Originally Posted by Vua View Post
    I never tried upgraded Thunderforged but I fed mine about 20 base Thunderforge weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    base thunderforged weapons are definitely food for them and those are cheap to make.
    I have fed my sentient weapons Thunderforged Tier 1 stuff (ML 24) just fine. So I would assume any will work.

    The confusion might be that Thunderforged weapons cannot accept sentient jewels or become sentient weapons themselves.
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vua View Post
    I never tried upgraded Thunderforged but I fed mine about 20 base Thunderforge weapons.
    Tier 1 works too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload