Community Manager

Default The Mimic Hunt has returned!

The Mimic Hunt is back! Now through June 20th.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Just asking "for a friend". Did the Guild Chest spawning as mimic get fixed?

Those things are a nuisance.
    A proud member of the Orien Guild Geezers Only.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandwynn View Post
    Those things are a nuisance.
    You can turn it off. Hall of Heroes IIRC.
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Any chance of maybe like, having some decent items next time around? This event is more of a nuisance than anything, but wouldn't be so if there were some reasonable good items for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/en/mimic-hunt-guide

As much as some people don't care for this event, speaking for myself (of course) get a kick out of this event. Mimics are one of the funniest things we've seen.

Do we have new champion mimics?

+1, I like the added challenge for a change, and mimics always make me crack up, esp when they die. Gaaaaahhhhpppphhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Just asking "for a friend". Did the Guild Chest spawning as mimic get fixed?
    It was fixed last event.

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    Any chance of maybe like, having some decent items next time around? This event is more of a nuisance than anything, but wouldn't be so if there were some reasonable good items for trade.
    The necklace is an awesome swap item for haggle/social skills, the belt is a top-notch HP boost, and the cloak is a high-caliber defensive mix w/ a green slot (as low as ML 4!). And the creature companions are fun, for what they are.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Mimic_Hunt#Rewards

Ask for new items if you feel you must, but be realistic about the existing ones.

Oh, and btw - for those who are grinding tokens, chests are ransacked after SIX tries, not five (as the Wiki had previously reported).

I've confirmed this in 2 quests w/ unique loot, and in both Heyton's Rest and The Collaborator I was able to find a mimic while holding 5 items from recent prev runs (5 Amulets of the Brute, and then 5 Oladren's Crossbow) - which means I was on my 6th run in both.

Not until the 7th run that I got the "mimic/ransack" message.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Mimic_Hunt

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Mimics should be permanent, just make them like .01% chance when the event isn't running...

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Mimics should be permanent, just make them like .01% chance when the event isn't running...
    Agreed! ...but I think the percentage could be a bit higher than .01%, and I'd be happy.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Agreed! ...but I think the percentage could be a bit higher than .01%, and I'd be happy.
    I personally would enjoy it being some percent chance that it is a mimic. When I first came to DDO in 2006 that was one of the things that stuck out that this game lacked. I was excited when they first gave us this event. But in the back of my mind I did wish they would make it something that could happen at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I personally would enjoy it being some percent chance that it is a mimic. When I first came to DDO in 2006 that was one of the things that stuck out that this game lacked. I was excited when they first gave us this event. But in the back of my mind I did wish they would make it something that could happen at any time.
    I really like the Mimic hunt! I think it would be great as well to have it be something that happened randomly at lower percent, then also have the event as well, as they were planning a few times a year. It adds a bit more fun to your runs, and makes you sit up and take notice .. is the chest a mimic ???

I'd like this too, preferably with more mimic types such as mimic crates, mimic barrels, mimic "collectibles" backpack, or pile of rubble, mimic alchemy table. I'm on the fence about a mimic shrine... on the one hand that would be so hilarious, but on the other its a little grief-y. A mimic plant-type collectible should attack you saying something like the plant from Little Shop of Horrors.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

/signed.. if they can make sure the CR for mimics is properly scaled for quests. I'll leave the exact percent chance up for debate but say lets keep it low. Since the first mimic event i've felt that a very small chance of chests being a mimic is something they should do since the programming is already there for the most part.
    Last edited by caberonia; 06-14-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    The developers figured they wanted to sprinkle a little stupid into the game. The problem is, the lid fell off and they dumped it everywhere.

Community Member

Make it 1-2% and YES!

I'm also all for collectable and breakable mimics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'd like this too, preferably with more mimic types such as mimic crates, mimic barrels, mimic "collectibles" backpack, or pile of rubble, mimic alchemy table. I'm on the fence about a mimic shrine... on the one hand that would be so hilarious, but on the other its a little grief-y. A mimic plant-type collectible should attack you saying something like the plant from Little Shop of Horrors.
    LOL this would be awesome!! Sadly, it sounds like a lot of work, but here's hoping :-)

The only thing I don't like about the mimic hunt is that in this incarnation it lasts too little! Last time I barely made 38 tokens, here's to hoping I'll get enough this time around

I love the minimum level 4 cloak!
    OkarisRage, artificer afraid of the reaper
    Caldrick, hp tank wannabe - Noellal, in etr hell
    Tagthor, testing fiery bard
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

I'd prefer 5% mimic chance, 5% trapped, 5% explosive chest that turns into random piles you have to search through after it blows up and kills the party... however, charmed reapers can be commanded to open all chests ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf1 View Post
    I really like the Mimic hunt! I think it would be great as well to have it be something that happened randomly at lower percent, then also have the event as well, as they were planning a few times a year. It adds a bit more fun to your runs, and makes you sit up and take notice .. is the chest a mimic ???
    is this barrel a mimic???

is this crate a mimic???

is this statue a mimic???

Oh gawd!!!! Why is the rest shrine eating me?!?!?!?