Default couple recent issues I've noticed

Here are a couple issues with the game that I have noticed in the past couple weeks

1) For the past 1-2weeks I have been noticing a growing issue with (what I call) "stutter lag". By that I mean, you are running along (whether in a quest or a public area or wilderness) and suddenly the game stops for 1-5 seconds. Doing nothing but running, the lag delay seems to be short, but when there is a fight or casting going on (doesn't matter if its a party member or a hireling) the delay is longer.

2) I recently TR'd my main toon (6th life) doing a Barbarian life. As I level I am using my Enhancement Points and have put a couple of them on my hotbars. EVERY time I login I am finding I have to move the icon to the hotbar again. The icon stays on the hotbar, it becomes ghosted. It can still be used like it was active, its just ghosted. I fix this by copying the icon over itself. This has happened everytime I logon. I have heard other players with the same complaint with their toons so I am figuring its not my issue but a game issue.

Anyone else seeing these problems?

Koz

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingKoz View Post

Anyone else seeing these problems?
    Haven't noticed any of these to be honest.

Community Member

1) Not really noticed. Do still get the very occasional small lag spike, but nothing out of the ordinary (ordinary for DDO).

2) Funnily enough, I noticed this happens to my Healing Spring icon every time. But other ED clickies and spells are ok. Maybe its only certain abilities?

1) No

2) Yes. Since U38, this happens to me very often, but not every time. So I can't see any system behind it. The Icons of ED, class enhancements and feat clickies are greyed out. I can still activate them by pressing the hotkey, but it's much better to see em getting colored for cooldowns, especially for my timings when on my monk.
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

Quote Originally Posted by KingKoz View Post
    Here are a couple issues with the game that I have noticed in the past couple weeks

1) For the past 1-2weeks I have been noticing a growing issue with (what I call) "stutter lag". By that I mean, you are running along (whether in a quest or a public area or wilderness) and suddenly the game stops for 1-5 seconds. Doing nothing but running, the lag delay seems to be short, but when there is a fight or casting going on (doesn't matter if its a party member or a hireling) the delay is longer.
    I've noticed a 0-1 second delay. Nothing as long as 5 seconds. Most common when I am trying to step over something small like a graphically minor ledge or step. Just assumed its a Collision Routine issue causing the "lag."

2) I recently TR'd my main toon (6th life) doing a Barbarian life. As I level I am using my Enhancement Points and have put a couple of them on my hotbars. EVERY time I login I am finding I have to move the icon to the hotbar again. The icon stays on the hotbar, it becomes ghosted. It can still be used like it was active, its just ghosted. I fix this by copying the icon over itself. This has happened everytime I logon. I have heard other players with the same complaint with their toons so I am figuring its not my issue but a game issue.
    Yes. Documented issue. It was theorized (correctly or incorrectly, I don't personally care nor have I checked) that it is a log in issue about you HP's being to low and no new check is made to un-"ghost" the enhancemnet after full log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    "I know Constitution isn't a dump stat, that's why I didn't dump any points into it. Why are you yelling?"
    "Less shinies and more durability!" - How to address the rampant Power Creep introduced into the game Update after Update

These issues are nowhere near recent. Similar stuff has been going on for years. Mimic hunt just probably made the lag worse.

yes to both.
    I've been getting that stutter lag too. very annoying.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

I'm not sure it's lag, but I've noticed the game just freezing for a few seconds. What's strange is that it seems like everything freezes. What I expect from lag is for me to stop interacting with the game, but the game is still interacting with me. Usually that means I wake up dead when the lag ends. This seems almost like somebody hit pause. Everything stops, but when it starts again I haven't been damaged by any mobs I'm fighting.