Community Member

Default where do i get more sentient jewels

Now that I have a few weapons that accept sentience. How do I go about getting sentient jewels? I already got the free one from tobar, where do i get more?

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    Now that I have a few weapons that accept sentience. How do I go about getting sentient jewels? I already got the free one from tobar, where do i get more?
    There are a few different sources of sentient jewels currently:

- Tobar the Smith in the Epic landscape (1 free per character)
    - Ravenloft Legendary Elite Saga reward list
    - Ravenloft raids chest

In addition, the anniversary event rewards vendor sells a Kobold Sentient Jewel when that event is active (it is not currently active).

Also also, if anyone asks you didn’t hear it from me but there may also be new sources of Sentient Jewels in the near future.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

- Ravenloft raids chest

In addition, the anniversary event rewards vendor sells a Kobold Sentient Jewel when that event is active (it is not currently active).

Also also, if anyone asks you didn’t hear it from me but there may also be new sources of Sentient Jewels in the near future.
    I think there is one in the turn ins for the epic tokens for mourelord or nightmother weapons too.

And the anniversary event if it stays the same...
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

- Ravenloft raids chest
    Are they BTC/BTA/BTCA etc? Can I find them on the auction house?

Are they BTC/BTA/BTCA etc? Can I find them on the auction house?
    Most sentient jewels are BTA. The one you can find in the raids is BTC (like all raid loot). NONE of the sentient jewels are unbound so NONE will be in the auction houses.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

there may also be new sources of Sentient Jewels in the near future.
    White Plume Mountain, 4 weps, 4 new jewels. Just sayin

Community Member

So can I use a sentient toolkit to remove a sentient jewel and put it in another weapon? And if so, does the former weapon loose all its XP/filigrees?

- Ravenloft raids chest

Quick feedback: After having some time to experience the introduction of sentient jewels to the game, I find my only criticism is that you cannot experience the fun in heroic levels. It's too bad you couldn't have just been able to code it so the filigrees aren't active in heroic level items- but the personality is and you can still use as a weapon. Unless you're in epic- you're jewel just rests in the bank. Also, you probably would have sold more toolkits...
    "Unexplained noises are best left unexplained."
    -John Bellairs-

So can I use a sentient toolkit to remove a sentient jewel and put it in another weapon? And if so, does the former weapon loose all its XP/filigrees?
    Yes, you can use a sentient toolkit to remove a sentient jewel. However, you must remove the filigrees first.

You can then put that sentient jewel in another weapon and put the filigrees back in if you wish.

The XPs travel with the jewel. They do not remain with the weapon.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    White Plume Mountain, 4 weps, 4 new jewels. Just sayin
    You're expecting Frostrazor to be in the new update?

Hopefully you're right but I've a feeling you'll be disappointed.

Community Member

So far we've seen 7 jewels:

Covetous (Curse of Strahd raid drop)
    Furious (Epic True Elite Saga turn in)
    Hopeful (Tobar option and ETE Saga)
    Inquisitive (Tobar option and ETE Saga)
    Resolute (Tobar option and ETE Saga)
    Timid (Vistani Totem turn in)
    Kobold (Anniversary Party Favor turn in)

Here's a DDOWiki page with that info on it

Also (random tidbit of info) you can actually eat a sentient jewel. Doing so transfers all the sxp it had to the new jewel, but also destroys the original jewel.

...personally, I think the Kobold is my current favorite. Furious takes a solid second place, but that cheeky kobold is so devious and funny, I absolutely love it so far.

(haven't gotten a Covetous yet though, so no idea what it's like yet. Resolute/Hopeful/Inquisitive are also good, but I like them more for specific characters that match their personality. Timid isn't bad, but can be such a downer at times)
    Last edited by vryxnr; 06-15-2018 at 12:16 AM.