Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    How many racial APs are used? Which race is used? the template seems thought out but the context of how many past lives and what race is backing up this build is lacking or I just didn't see it.

Case in point: If I am just a regular heroic completionist with many epls to go, only 1 Clr pl and no racial AP would you recommend this build?

Breaking through SR is a big issue and you need to gear for that, no? How do myou fit melee gear with SR breaking gear into this build?

I am pondering a ultimate freezing Bard based on Draconian with Breath Weapon + Spinning Ice + Burst of Glacial Wrath, CHA based and stumbled upon your build. But I feel there is information missing, which is nevertheless assumed to be known. But I just can't see it... Anyway very interesting idea and outsid eof the box thinking.
    None. Any race. I use this for reaper racials periodically on any race. Yes. The amount of character power just changes the difficulty you can run.

It is nice to break through SR, but you are still a paladin underneath it all and can just fight as one without breaking spell pen 100% of the time. The level 10 gear set listed is good enough to go all the way to 20. Higher heroic levels gear is nice. Goggles are spell focus + ins spell focus+ins. spell pen, and trinket is spell pen + true seeing + ins. charisma at higher levels, which is nice, but that level 10 set is really solid.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-27-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    None. Any race. I use this for reaper racials periodically on any race. Yes. The amount of character power just changes the difficulty you can run.
    Awesome.

It is nice to break through SR, but you are still a paladin underneath it all and can just fight as one without breaking spell pen 100% of the time. The level 10 gear set listed is good enough to go all the way to 20. Higher heroic levels gear is nice. Goggles are spell focus + ins spell focus+ins. spell pen, and trinket is spell pen + true seeing + ins. charisma at higher levels, which is nice, but that level 10 set is really solid.
    So how do you cc masses of mobs with SR being too high then, because that is a problem for my alt doing 3 Pal pls and I struggle heavily in content like Tethyamar and every dungeon designed like an encounter tube with fat hp pinatas. Exception being undead. They are cc.ed fantastically just by Paladin Turn Undead.

p.s.: not being nitpicky, I actually want to try your idea, since I am at the 2nd Pal pl and I sensed a serious lack regarding cc, Stunnign Blow is not enough, I need an aoe effect with real oomph. But I do not want to do something experimental without knowing more about gameplay .
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-27-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    So how do you cc masses of mobs with SR being too high then.
    There are no mobs in heroics with SR too high that Tilo can't get enough of them to matter.

Until you get to that point, you will have to lower the difficulty, group, use racial spell pen, and/or incorporate other CC in like color spray with gear swaps.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-27-2018 at 07:09 PM.

There are no mobs in heroics with SR too high that Tilo can't get enough of them to matter.

Until you get to that point, you will have to lower the difficulty, group, use racial spell pen, and/or incorporate other CC in like color spray with gear swaps.
    Butbutbut...mah reapah 1 streak :/. Okay, thanks, I can work with that .
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

I would advise you to do those 3 wiz pl (as deep gnome or not, up to you) early. It’s gold for the whole journey.

Community Member

Could this be Swf Viable? Not a huge SnB nor Thf kinda guy.. mostly use spells or swf. twf in endgame builds cause early is just so slow dps.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LooniProject View Post
    Could this be Swf Viable? Not a huge SnB nor Thf kinda guy.. mostly use spells or swf. twf in endgame builds cause early is just so slow dps.
    Hmm, I haven't tried that yet, but I don't see why not. I did THF a few times and S&B so far. An orb makes dc casting easier.

Community Member

Noticed you're human and Helf, Would you consider Bladeforged, Mainly because i have a outdated build and looking to use some woods. Or would you not even consider Epics? I thought i remember you saying something about it, but i just skimmed comments and didn't see it. but it is really early and i am really tired, so i could i have missed it. Apologies.

Community Member

Noticed you're human and Helf, Would you consider Bladeforged, Mainly because i have a outdated build and looking to use some woods. Or would you not even consider Epics? I thought i remember you saying something about it, but i just skimmed comments and didn't see it. but it is really early and i am really tired, so i could i have missed it. Apologies.
    Keep woods to make pure a pure 20 BF warlock. SE Feed on Magic fuels infinite reconstruct SLAs, making your character faceroll.

Community Member

What about your thoughts on taking the build into epics? I think you're doing racials, but would you consider epics?

Community Member

What about your thoughts on taking the build into epics? I think you're doing racials, but would you consider epics?
    I prefer to take a tempest, AT artificer, or kensai as my soundburst build into epics since they deal more base damage, and they have more feats so you can squeeze in spell penx2. You can make up for that in heroics with all your instant kills and executes. You will have a lull 20-23 where you are just a paladin with somewhat working soundburst until you get BoGW at 24 and everything works again. From there to cap if you have updated gear and past lives relative to the difficulty you are running, BoGW will land, and soundburst will land on low fort squishies. Kensai is getting nerfed, so maybe necro barb to replace kensai.

Strangely, the hardest levels to DC cast in are 20-23. Burst of Glacial Wrath has a base DC equal to character level. At 24, you get 12 more DC from BoGW relative to soundburst, 1 more DC from augment, and 1 more cannith, and 1 more insightful cannith DC from goggles (that hold the augment), and that 15 DC boost in 1 level pushes you into the everything is well again level which continues as long as you have slavers and other good gear.

If I were to take say an iconic BF paladin into epics, it would drop the 2 cleric since most undead dungeons are mostly lower level necro and house J, and pick up a fighter level and extra paladin (zeal) level for a fighter feat to make up for taking adamantine body. If going S&B pick up 2 more fighter levels instead of the extra paladin level for feats.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-03-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Community Member

Nerfed in update 42, taking build down.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-26-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Community Member

Hmm, going to just triple stats this with gear and drop the FvS out.

Then it is 3 cleric 17 paladin, max + levels wisdom, good str + charisma. This gives a harder to stat triple stat build, so probably lose seeker or deception or some non-primary dps stat, but it also gives holy sword to finish heroics with. Realized level 10 gear set already has wisdom slotted on neck, so it won't really be that hard. This also moves IC to 9, to work with SoS at 10.

Will use cleaves to level better earlier too, and swap both of them out at 12 when replaced with KoTC cleaves.

1 PA, Olladra, Air domain
    3 CLeave dragonshard Feat swap THF before taking 12 (Str 15, tomes +3)
    6 GCelave free feat swap quicken before taking 12
    9 IC
    12 THF#2 (Str 17, tomes +5)
    15 THF#3
    18 Completionist
    20 reincarnate

After a certain point in tomes, racial stat past lives, and gear/consumables, triple stat builds don't seem so daunting:

No yugos, it still seems to work out. Went Cleric > pali for proficiencies > clericx2 > Pali which was a mistake, and realized clericx3 for soundburst against champs and reapers is better, then go pali. On R3 some of the tier 3 champs will 1 shot you at level 3. Your only defense is to not get hit once by these champs. When in doubt, always err on the side of soundburst.
    Why dont go 4 fvs 14 pally?
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why dont go 4 fvs 14 pally?
    I'm gona level 1-15 in as many undead quests as possible instant killing 95% of the undead with turn undead. You need mighty turning from cleric for that to work. My leveling partner is a warlock, so I only have to power her to necro spells and then I can pike.

Oh, and divine healing is baller.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-25-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Community Member

Great build thanks T, will be trying it out on my horc lives the PA bonus should help a lot I think. Interesting point about str and trip vulnerability. I never realized that. And that's usually how I die lol. I played a necro cleric and it was great but clerics trees are so bad worse than wizards. Necro cleric single target blast is OP right now but they can't fight out of a paper bag, not enough feats for magic and fighting... Trying to make vistani/falcon cleric will let you know how it works out. I'll prolly get tripped a lot and die. LOL Shoot now I just want to do your build and save my ddo pts. Darn it. What to do... Brilliant of you to combo domains and mighty turning. This is definitely a better war priest than a war priest. Holy sword combos so well with the SoS. Almost makes you want to run a straight pali to get it at lvl 14. Anyway I'd like to maybe do this build as a swf if I'm not in horc race.
    Last edited by capsela; 01-28-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    Great build thanks T, will be trying it out on my horc lives the PA bonus should help a lot I think.
    Hope it works out for ya. So triple statting. Levels 1-9, where you only need enhancementment bonus to stat, it takes 3 affixes, which is easy. Levels 10-20, where you need enhancement and insight, it takes 5 affixes, which gets trickier but can be done (divine might is insightful strength). In epics, where it would take 8 affixes for enhancement, insight, and quality, it becomes more of a mess that would require a slavers set because your melee and casting also require more affixes as well.

So this triple stat can be done in heroic with custom crafted gear. It doesn't give you the best of anything, but does give good levels of everything. The level 10 gear set was great at 10. I custom crafted a 15 gear set, but I'm not going to link it since it goes with wondrous wheloon items which don't drop anymore. Been doing mostly R4-6, split group dungeons lower. Haven't really had any issues. I mean, you'll die here and there, mostly due to a lack of quicken pre-12 and slow reflexes hitting LOH, but it generally works out. I really like this build. I like the triple stat version best because of how fast it gets paladin healing, and soundburst + turn undead + holy sword.

This is for my records, showing stat growth at basically 1 point per level in heroics on a triple stat build. Had this strength at level 11 on dual stat build, so a bit slower base/growth, but not by much. Also for my records: this is the most lethal 1-20 R4-6 build in DDO that I am aware of.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-17-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12