2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default Axel's DDO Channel: Unboxing DDO's Physical Release

I decided to buy a copy of DDO's physical release off ebay just so I could check it out

Follow me on Twitter

My Youtube homepage

Community Manager

Neat! I noticed the other day that the pre-order box has a poster in it that (as far as I can tell) hasn't been released anywhere else.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I decided to buy a copy of DDO's physical release off ebay just so I could check it out
    I bought one back in the day. That feat poster was cool, I tried (in 2008) to get a second one to make a poster-board but no-luck.

Thanks for the post, and yes the funniest thing is the OLD Turbine advertising for DDO "NO GRIND"

whats up for this week show?

Time Bandit
    DDO Players Council

Not true that "there's no point", IF you can somehow get hold of an unused US copy of the game, given that those still have unique product keys can AFAIK with a little bit of friendly nudging be validated by SSG so that you can start with 30 days of VIP and after that time carry on with a Premium account rather than pure F2P.

Non-US copies of the game do not allow that.

Though I'd guess that you are now the only person in the world that SSG might be friendly with about your own recently-purchase ye olde productte keyye of yore ... ;o)

Default Box Set

I had this set and it is how I started the game just before it went free to play. Just having quit World of Warcraft I was looking for a new game and the box caught my eye as I had played pen and paper before. I did not get a poster that I remember. As far as Atari goes I remember that, good riddance. I miss the physical game boxes, cuising the game store, that new game smell.
    sigh

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Neat! I noticed the other day that the pre-order box has a poster in it that (as far as I can tell) hasn't been released anywhere else.
    That's really neat. If you're referring to a different poster than the one I showed in the video (I assume mine isn't a pre-order version) it must be really rare. I looked for a bit and couldn't find it on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    I bought one back in the day. That feat poster was cool, I tried (in 2008) to get a second one to make a poster-board but no-luck.

Thanks for the post, and yes the funniest thing is the OLD Turbine advertising for DDO "NO GRIND"

whats up for this week show?
    lol, yeah I chuckled a bit at that.

As far as my next video I have nothing planned right now. I had thought of maybe doing a video on the new favored soul tree but hadn't yet decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    Not true that "there's no point", IF you can somehow get hold of an unused US copy of the game, given that those still have unique product keys can AFAIK with a little bit of friendly nudging be validated by SSG so that you can start with 30 days of VIP and after that time carry on with a Premium account rather than pure F2P.

Non-US copies of the game do not allow that.

Though I'd guess that you are now the only person in the world that SSG might be friendly with about your own recently-purchase ye olde productte keyye of yore ... ;o)
    heh, maybe. From what I'm seeing on Ebay you'd have to pay about $10 for a new sealed copy. So even if you only needed the code and could somehow verify it with SSG and they gave you the VIP month you'd be paying about the same anyway. You'd get the cool box/poster/booklets though!

Cool video, I still have my physical box and went to look at it while watching the video. A few things are missing from mine because it wasn't a pre-order box like the one you got.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Retired Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza ~ Carelle
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hakushi View Post
    Cool video, I still have my physical box and went to look at it while watching the video. A few things are missing from mine because it wasn't a pre-order box like the one you got.
    So mine was a pre-order box? Interesting because I wasn't sure. I suppose that's what "limited edition" on my box means then.