Community Member

Default Question About ML and Augment and Alchemical Ritual and Cannith Token

Hi all,

I'm about to craft my Wizard's first armor :-D

This is the plan:
    To make a +4 Feycraft Leather Armor with Impulse and Deathblock and a Blue Slot (Heavy Fortification)
    I will use a ML 10 shard for it thus the expected result is:

AC bonus: +9
    Max Dex: +11
    Armor Check Penalty: +0
    Arcane Spell Failure: 10%
    Impulse 77
    Deathblock
    100% Fortification

Now the Feycraft armor has an absolute ML 10, the same with the Heavy Fortification augment.
    Will those affect the total ML of my armor? (Will it become 11 or 12)?

Finally, I found that I can use the Stone of Change to attune the item.
    The item will already be bound to account. (I will use bound shards)
    So can I still attune the armor? If I understand well this will allow me to further apply an Alchemical Ritual as a second step.

I would add this: Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual for an extra +1 alchemical bonus to AC (For a sweet +10AC)
    Will this modify the ML of the armor?

And a question for the late future:
    Finally, if I want to gain the extra crafting slot, do I need to apply the cannith mark before I make the item or it can be applied at any time?
    This is more for me to know rather to actually do. I dont have a mark yet.

Thank you

Community Member

heavy fort augment will not increase the ML of a level 10 armor.
    you can add the Stone of Change recipes, they will not modify the ML either.

Quote Originally Posted by Igognito View Post
    Finally, I found that I can use the Stone of Change to attune the item.
    The item will already be bound to account. (I will use bound shards)
    So can I still attune the armor? If I understand well this will allow me to further apply an Alchemical Ritual as a second step.

I would add this: Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual for an extra +1 alchemical bonus to AC (For a sweet +10AC)
    Will this modify the ML of the armor?

And a question for the late future:
    Finally, if I want to gain the extra crafting slot, do I need to apply the cannith mark before I make the item or it can be applied at any time?
    This is more for me to know rather to actually do. I dont have a mark yet.

Thank you
    The Fortification Augment will not raise the ML of the armor as it is ML 8.

The Eldritch Rituals do not change the ML of an item

Yes you can add the Cannith Mark later and you will not lose any of the existing features of the item, you will simply gain the extra feature.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    The Fortification Augment will not raise the ML of the armor as it is ML 8.

The Eldritch Rituals do not change the ML of an item

Yes you can add the Cannith Mark later and you will not lose any of the existing features of the item, you will simply gain the extra feature.
    I made it!!!
    I know it is nothing special for you experienced crafters but for me this was the first serious item crafting I did! I even had to run a few specific quests to get the components for it :-)
    Until now, I was only making some skill boosting items :-)

Yes the item looks cool and is exactly what my character missed :-) (Fortification, death ward, impulse)

Just sharing my excitement as you can see.

Now I need new gloves! As the ones I have literally give me nothing...

I made it!!!
    I know it is nothing special for you experienced crafters but for me this was the first serious item crafting I did! I even had to run a few specific quests to get the components for it :-)

Yes the item looks cool and is exactly what my character missed :-) (Fortification, death ward, impulse)

Just a quick clarification. Deathward and Deathblock are not the same. Deathblock will prevent instant death (In most cases)...deathward will prevent instant death (in most cases) and negative levels (In most cases).
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Just a quick clarification. Deathward and Deathblock are not the same. Deathblock will prevent instant death (In most cases)...deathward will prevent instant death (in most cases) and negative levels (In most cases).
    Lol, yeah I noticed... I did got some negative levels from a beholder.
    As a p&p player I had the reaction of WHATTTTTT then I read more carefully the description... But I can live with that for now.

I made it!!!

Celebrate victories no matter how small they are to you or anyone else. You have taken more steps down the road to mastery of crafting. Enjoy the journey.

Lol, yeah I noticed... I did got some negative levels from a beholder.
    As a p&p player I had the reaction of WHATTTTTT then I read more carefully the description... But I can live with that for now.
    I had a DM who's favorite line was "Did you read ALL of the text". Many times the important details come after all the stuff that sounds really good .

In life many times the Warnings come After

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I had a DM who's favorite line was "Did you read ALL of the text". Many times the important details come after all the stuff that sounds really good .

In life many times the Warnings come After
    Lord Asmodeus DOES love his fine print!

Congrats on making your way across the infinite, and joining the ranks of all the crafters in the game. Rejoice in the fact that you won't need to train two crafters to do the work, since the items are BTA instead of the BTC of the olden days.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Lord Asmodeus DOES love his fine print!

Congrats on making your way across the infinite, and joining the ranks of all the crafters in the game. Rejoice in the fact that you won't need to train two crafters to do the work, since the items are BTA instead of the BTC of the olden days.
    Well, I will need that shared bank account at some point though!
    I'm only premium not vip... And yes leveling up to 90 Cannith Crafting was a painful experience without potions :-/

But I do not intent on stopping :-D This character will go all the way to lvl 400!

But I do not intent on stopping :-D This character will go all the way to lvl 400!
    The only reason to go above lv 340 is if you are crafting for unbound shards. If your intent is for personal crafting only stop at lv 340 and save a lot of essence/collectables.
    My 2 mains are Mornyngstar and Seldissan on Thelanis but I also have toons on all servers with those names. Any toon that has Mornyngstar Clan as their last name is most likely me.