Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default 2018 DDO Fashion Competition, 2nd Annual

2nd Annual
    2018 DDO Fashion Competition

Please show off your snazziest, most awesome, most fashionable DDO characters and come strut your stuff in screenshots.

Starting Thursday, June 7th I will be accepting submissions for a Fashion Competition here on the DDO forums. The deadline for submissions is Friday July 6th. Barring an enormous number of submissions I hope to have the competition judged and sorted by the following Monday, July 9th.

The categories for submission are : Male Humanoid, Female Humanoid, Bladeforged/Warforged, and Dragonborn.
    Humanoid refers to any and all races not Bladeforged, Warforged, or Dragonborn.
    The winner of each main category will receive a code for 500 DDO points (you may only win once,) generously provided by SSG.
    This year there will also be a Worst Dressed category, race doesn't matter, the winner receives a Mirror of Glammoring for obvious reasons.

Please submit, here in this thread, screenshots of your best, most fashionable character in these categories.
    One submission per category per poster, so no one can submit multiple dragonborn but one poster may submit a bladeforged, a dragonborn, a female elf and a male dwarf for instance.
    You need only make one submission to one category to enter, you do not have to have entries for every category. Please only post your submissions to this thread, I will not be accepting submissions in Private Message. If I receive any entries by PM I will only redirect you to post within the thread because I think it is only fair for everyone to see every entry.

If you do intend to apply to more than one category please try to post all images within the same post or keep your posts very close together. You may only win once. That is if your account wins Most Fashionable Dragonborn you cannot also win Most Fashionable Female (insert winner's race.) Myself and my family will not be competing, that would not be fair. For image posting purposes I like http://imgur.com/ but any site that works for you is fine.

Also previous entrants cannot post the exact same image as last year. If you wish to submit the same fashion then some change at least in pose or location is required for re-submission.

Submissions will be judged on five criteria.

• Color cohesiveness. (For instance someone with similar or matching colors would receive more points than someone with contrasting colors, e.g. sage hair with green armor would get a higher score than hot pink hair with green armor. Some exceptions may apply, such as if your theme is Rainbow.)
    • Accessorizing. (Do your weapons/shield/goggles or helm/hairstyle match and/or improve your look and theme?)
    • Background appeal. (Example, if the character is trying for a Gothic theme wearing Bloodplate for instance and they took the screenshot in front of an evil statue with blood all over it in the Necropolis they would score higher than the same armor on a sunny Three barrel Cove beach.)
    • Pose. (Because all models pose.) For a list of options try /emotelist in general chat.
    • Adherence to a theme. (Gothic, steampunk, elven elegance etc. This would be an overall grade.)

Please with each entry you submit also include your theme. It may be obvious but please include it anyway. You may need to identify your submission as male/female if your character's face is covered by a helm and the pose makes gender difficult to discern.

Named, random generated, cosmetics, rags... anything goes so long as the character isn't in their underwear. No lingerie. Please.

After judging, I will post the winners as well as the Runners Up to the end of the thread.

For reference the link to last year's competition:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...on-Competition

---------------------------------------

Examples: Last year's Winners

Steve_Howe : Eyes of the Storm

FranOhmsford : Tannadice

PuppiesAndRainbows : Dreeva wearing butterflies

Hipparan : House Cannith/Steampunk
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Manager

Good luck on a fun event!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

After praying to Amaunator, the aasimar vampire hunter girl leaves the temple, refreshed and ready to fight evil in the land of Barovia...

+ Cannith +
    + Csodaszarvas +
    + MCMLXXXVI + Ezredes + Giliszta + Halacska +

Default Worst Dressed Category (Male)

THEME: I pity the fool who disrespects my gold chains (character is named Clubberlang)

Last edited by Claver; 06-08-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Default Female humanoid category

THEME: Stuck up girls....Good, Evil, it makes no difference. Chicks with wings look down on everyone.

Default Dragonborn category

THEME: Land of the Lost

Default Warforged category

THEME: Warforged Root Canal

Default Male humanoid category

THEME: Soldier of Fortune

Default Bonus: Bare naked category

BONUS: BARE NAKED CATEGORY (ZERO POINTS)

THEME: My favorite place to read

Dude... I hope you have submitted these to DDO screenshot of the week?! Both my kids are laughing their heads off at the Bear Naked and Warforged Root Canal. And my daughter wants to know why a rat is peeking out at us from the Stuck Up Girls.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Claver View Post
    THEME: Stuck up girls....Good, Evil, it makes no difference. Chicks with wings look down on everyone.

Pet rat photo bomb

Quote Originally Posted by RAFAR View Post
    After praying to Amaunator, the aasimar vampire hunter girl leaves the temple, refreshed and ready to fight evil in the land of Barovia...

I totally want to know what this outfit is made up of?!!?! I love it.

Also the puppiesandrainbows: dreeva wearing butterfly's.

What are the components of that outfit?

Community Member

Default And the Dead (don't) Shall Rise... (anymore)

THEME: The Graverobber Reaper Hunter
    CATEGORY: Male Humanoid

Last edited by arpendragon; 06-08-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Dude... I hope you have submitted these to DDO screenshot of the week?!
    Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment.

These are all screenshots that have been submitted in the past year but didn't win (the bear reading on toilet was just sent in on May 13th..probably too edgy). Sometimes someone else's entry for the week was chosen and sometimes a different screenshot that I entered at the same time was selected.

I don't actually know this for sure, but I have theory that screenshots that are too gruesome (like a giant beholder preparing to eat a warforged) or feature characters who are too garish (like the one dressed in near motley bashing a spectre with giant lute) are less likely to be chosen. At least, that has been my experience with the entries that I have submitted that have been lucky enough to be chosen for screenshot of the week over those that have been rejected.

As an aside, thanks for hosting this event. I enjoy the virtual photography of taking screenshots and like having an excuse to post them.

And my daughter wants to know why a rat is peeking out at us from the Stuck Up Girls.
    I think the stuck up girls are just being mean. They probably put the rat there to try to say that even rats look down on us

Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolfmike View Post
    Pet rat photo bomb
    And there's the truth. It was a happy accident courtesy of a level 1 monster summoning spell. I kinda like how it turned out

Barbarian nights... (Human female, Tyhra on Cannith, THEME : barbarian)

[*]Pose. (Because all models pose.) For a list of options try /emotelist in general chat.
    This might also be helpful to some:

Good luck!
    o7

Default Wanndah Hotlips (Female Drow Elf) - Best Drama happens at Dawn

Theme: (Bard) Drama Queen

Last edited by TitusOvid; 06-30-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    Beste, Titus.
    Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht rekrutiert.

Default Upload (Wargorged Male) - Trashcan Head Fashion Line

I was thinking about adding that to the Worst Dressed category but you know what?! In Warforged Land this is the new en vogue fashion line.
    Beste, Titus.
    Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht rekrutiert.

thanks for hosting another of these! Awesome entries everyone!

edit: wow, unreal how good they keep coming in
    Last edited by Saekee; 06-11-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Category: Male Humanoid

Theme: Monastic

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast