Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    Since I already suggested that Wall of Healing could be renamed after Irian, the Eternal Day, here are some other abilities that could get that flavor too:

Core One: Irian's Dawn
    Core Three: Irian's Light
    Core Six: Irian's Zenith
    Wall of Healing: Irian Manifest

I would also rename "Undying Beacon" because Eberron already has the Undying Court. The name suggests positive energy undead when that's not what's going on. Perhaps "Beacon of the Eternal Day"?
    These are nice suggestions. How much room for flavor text is there in the ability descriptions?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    This build would net you with 2 Fvs Soul caster levels with zero ED caster levels.

Hence your base close wounds damage would be 1d3+2 making your example lower than listed.
    Close Wounds is a conjuration spell.

If you run in a divine ED, you cast at 5 caster levels with a /2 FvS splash.

If you run in Magister as a Master of Conjuration with the sentient weapon Embraced by Light +2 caster levels to positive spells, you cast at 7 caster levels with a /2 FvS splash. It has good synergy with tentacles.

I redid the math to show what would happen running as-is, on my first life warlock, no sentient weapon, in US, in tank gear 2 years old. Magister would be more. More past lives, magister, and better gear would all be more.

----------------

Base heal 7-8 (7.5)

HAMP 255 = x3.55
    Spell Power 667 + Metamagics 375 = x 10.42
    Spell Crit x1.798

498 hp/sec on first life warlock w/ 2 year old gear, in US, no racial HAMP

I ran the #s, and it is larger but not AoE like the EA mass cure moderate SLA that everyone already uses. So it doesn't seem unbalanced from the viewpoint of an occasional heal.

But from a throughput point of view, at 2 mana and replacing all other single target heals, it is going to take over too much for healing roles, and we are going to see clerics and druids take 2 fvs levels just to use it as their primary heal. US tanks are going to become redonkulous.

Oh, and it is large enough to allow an EA arcane to entirely replace the FvS. Between Cure Moderate Mass, SLA from EA and a /2 FvS splash for close wounds SLA, we won't need the FvS at all.

The solution is to add 3 charges to it, and have the charges regenerate every 4-4-3-3-2-2 seconds as per FvS cores.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-17-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Well, if close wounds is gonna be op
    Then good for it
    The tree is worth 13 pts
    Nobody every gonna run it except dedicated
    Vishantii (priest of the silver flame)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Silver Flame Jokers

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Well, if close wounds is gonna be op
    Then good for it
    The tree is worth 13 pts
    A lot of things look powerful if you build for it. Losing capstone, taking emp. healing, spending aps, and getting good positive spell power have a cost. What is he giving up? How often is the person going to have 250+ heal amp? Tilomere has frequently stated he plays with new players a lot who wouldn't have much healing amp. In theory it is powerful will it be in use? I don't see it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    You mean like dedicated shiradi splits, that already take 2-4 FvS levels, and already have metamagics, and spell power/crit/multiplier, which only needs to add Close Wounds SLA and a sentient weapon to cap at 5 caster levels?

Or a dedicated 6 pali/12 fighter/2 fvs US tank, that caps the caster levels by US ED, and no longer needs a healer outside of high reaper, and already has HAMP and +SP for renewal?

Or a dedicated 18/2 warlock in Magister or EA, which also already has spell power and metamagics?

Or a sylvanus kensai, in LD, which can afford the feats, and already takes 6 FvS levels?

Isn't this just going to be the same situation we just had where everyone has more self-healing than they need?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Close Wounds is a conjuration spell.

If you run in a divine ED, you cast at 5 caster levels with a /2 FvS splash.

If you run in Magister as a Master of Conjuration with the sentient weapon Embraced by Light +2 caster levels to positive spells, you cast at 7 caster levels with a /2 FvS splash. It has good synergy with tentacles.
    Well done there.
    Nice theoretical build.

Regardless, about the typical best healing per cast available would be around:

Healing from Close Wounds from Pure Favored Soul in Exalted Angel ED
    non crit (.44)*(11.71)*(10.5)= 54.1
    +
    crit (.66)*(11.71)*(2)*(10.5) = 162.3
    = 216 hit points healed on a target that has zero healing amp or healing penalties

Anything better would require the pure Favored Soul going Conjuration Magistar for an additional (1d3+5+3+3)/(1d3+5+3) = 128% increase,
    at the expense of losing all the goodies from Exalted Angel including the yummy Divine Wrath.

Still assert that a viable raid caster requires two non sla mass healing spells that have normal cooldowns.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Isn't this just going to be the same situation we just had where everyone has more self-healing than they need?
    This is why Reaper has a self healing penalty and should stay as is.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    How often is the person going to have 250+ heal amp?.
    This is why Healers default to the heal spell to guarantee a full heal on a toon, because healing amp widely varies including 50% penalties.

That is why healers overheal...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    A lot of things look powerful if you build for it. Losing capstone, taking emp. healing, spending aps, and getting good positive spell power have a cost. What is he giving up?
    I agree.

Warlocks are more likely to depend upon temp hit points which do not have the Reaper penalty than spec for close wounds.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

If the Devs are willing to create racial healing hands and racial reconstruct sla, why not allow a toon some self healing possibilities if they don't mind giving up Scion, feats, action points, epic destiny abilities to get there?

A certain amount of melee will not even twist in cocoon...

Reaper is the new elite.
    WoW has a self healing penalty, players are lucky that reaper came along with an excuse for self healing penalties.
    Sev would have been in the right by applying global self healing penalties like many other MMOs save the concern for D&D lore.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-17-2018 at 04:51 PM.

I want to point out that things are balanced with upcoming changes in mind. Players don't know all upcoming changes. Even on the PC we don't know everything. It is an unavoidable issue with official discussion/lamannia threads that neither PC or Devs can speak about. Silverleafeon you know this.

Community Member

Close Wounds SLA is going to end up very powerful for heroic reaper. If you splash 4 FvS + 1 warlock on any build, you will be able to close wounds + feigned health + soundburst + divine might for melee + cast with AoV synergy.

No one will do it though, because it is easier to just pike off someone else who clears the dungeon then to farm gear and make a build that can contribute.

I have a feeling the SLA metamagics and reduced cost is going to tip it into something broken.

Cast at level 11 (Magistar + capstone) it is going to heal for 13 base,
    1025 +375 metamagics is x15
    200 HAMP is x3
    60% crit 60% crit multiplier is 2x

1170 heals on dps, 300 HAMP tank is 1500+ heals

Hrmm...
    Your first objection was all about heroics.

Then you list quite obvious epic numbers to support. No heroic character has a 300 hamp...

Maybe get it right? Separate heroics and epics if you want to make a valid point? Do you think it'll be broken in heroics, and why? And do you think it'll be broken in epics also, and why?

Even if you think it'll be broken in both heroics and epics, you still need to say why.

More data needed.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Me talking about this tree and giving feedback for 37 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0kHBtPC8l4

But to summarize, my most important points are -

- My main criticism is you need to increase the duration of short buffs, in exchange reduce the benefits if you want to keep same power level
    - I get that Raise and DW SLAs save spell slots for FVS, they still seem unnecessary and redundant
    - Wall of Healing looks great, its a great idea to give them aura without homogenizing playstyle with cleric

I get the design intent to give FVS Beacon players stuff to do in between heals. But the low durations for the buffs require an unrealistic actions per minute expectation. It's too much to do in between heals. So increase the durations to 30 seconds atleast and adjust the power levels accordingly. If I had one main criticism, that'd be it. You went too far with giving these players stuff to do in between heals, in terms of number of keyboard actions demanded per minute.
    Last edited by axel15810; 06-19-2018 at 12:13 PM.

If i had tried to optimize and keep all buffs upp i
    Had got a meltdown.

My suggestion is you can chose to have buffs as they are
    But also tied to the Wall. Let the ppl benefitting of wall
    Get half of all buff strength. So ubba clickers can maximise
    And me and others with more relaxed/slow/casual playstyle
    Also have nice benefitts from a buffing tree?

(Balanced ofcourse, no clue If half had been too good or bad)

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This ability is not meant to be analogous to the Protection Domain ability. It does stack. We could potentially make this stronger if it didn't. Food for thought.
    If they're stacking then that will be quite the boost to PRR for parties with FVS and Clerics.

That's a very different ability than what's presented here.
    I know. Thematically I would like to see something like this for War Soul and think it would fit better there with the tweaks I mentioned.
    Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112