Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Quality Improvements

Combat Log: This is arguably some of the most useful real-time information we generate. The problem is, there's so much junk that pollutes this very finitely sized list that we can never see important information. Give us a way to isolate particular strings of information such as damage dealt, damage received. Provide us with an *export to file* function. How about color coding this?

It's been a nightmare fishing for grazing hits or confirm critical information - these data are used directly to impact character build decisions, but I have to sift through tons of combat log pollution in a recorded video to identify this. This needed to be changed years ago.

Re-order player hotbars: Healers often prioritize their targets depending on the situation. Please allow re-ordering players within the group so allow for more efficient targeting.

In-game compendium:

• So this thing is so outdated. Can you please allow us to sort by epic quest level. For example, The Chamber of Raiyum level is 12 (22 Epic). I want to be able to sort quests by EPIC level, and that (22 epic) does not lend itself to being sorted. Very frustrating and unnecessary

Include saga progress. This would be neat to track.

Display the highest reaper Level completed for each individual quest.

Melee Tactic Tooltips: Stunning Blow and Trip *STILL* do not display the current DC. I've been asking to have this fixed for half a decade at this point. Can this please happen?

Reaper soulstone bounce resets the death timer: This is another incredibly annoying bug that really affects our quest experience. When dead, bouncing back to your soulstone re-applies the death timer to your character. This limits our ability to scout to the nearest shrine, or have to follow whoever has you in their backpack to prevent having to wait multiple times for the same timer. This happens in almost all reaper quests.

Slavers Bust Drop-Rate seems borked: Please check and see if there's a bug regarding this item. I have run this quest MANY times, with full groups. None of us have ever seen it drop. Are we wasting our time hunting after a bugged drop rate?

Melee Extra Action Boosts: The action boosts provided by the prowess set are immediately removed upon unequipping the weapon. Please re-code them to apply independent of item swapping, as the use of scrolls, wands, clickies, and alternate situational weapons is an integral part of this games combat system; and this mechanic undermines this system by nullifying the bonus is claims to provide. The same goes for the extra action boosts from Verik's necklace (which, by the way, is a min level 18 item that I'm still using in legendary content - can you please finally make this appear elsewhere, this is embarrassing at this point).

Character swapping bugs out the mouse scroll wheel: This happens after multiple character swaps, the zoom out functionality no longer works. Need to re-log to fix this.

Player statistics should be introduced: I always wanted to see some kind of scoreboard or player statistics that are publicly available. Maybe something similar to the old myddo but with much more detailed information. Highest crit? Highest heal? Most damage dealt in a quest? Most damage received in a quest? Fastest quest completion? These kinds of things add some more fun and depth to the game and cultivate some kind of sense of competition.

Two-handed fighting: This has been the red-headed stepchild of DDO's combat for a very long time. Can something be done to make this combat style stand out in some unique way? How about tying it to some kind of melee crowd control? This will should be a separate topic on it's own, but this is an important issue for me as someone who has been playing two-handed fighting for as long as this game has existed.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Slavers Bust Drop-Rate seems borked: Please check and see if there's a bug regarding this item. I have run this quest MANY times, with full groups. None of us have ever seen it drop. Are we wasting our time hunting after a bugged drop rate?
    I dislike Slavers because of its length (although better than ToEE)

But what is the "Bust Drop-Rate seemed borked" are you talking about?

To be fair, I run this for Favor (extremely over level) or the occasional PUG only

Player statistics should be introduced: I always wanted to see some kind of scoreboard or player statistics that are publicly available. Maybe something similar to the old myddo but with much more detailed information. Highest crit? Highest heal? Most damage dealt in a quest? Most damage received in a quest? Fastest quest completion? These kinds of things add some more fun and depth to the game and cultivate some kind of sense of competition.
    Are you kidding? This game has so many bruised ego's already thanks to the limited information already provided. For a game (talking PnP here, not DDO) that was built on a foundation of cooperation, we have strayed too far into competition (talking DDO here).

Two-handed fighting: This has been the red-headed stepchild of DDO's combat for a very long time. Can something be done to make this combat style stand out in some unique way? How about tying it to some kind of melee crowd control? This will should be a separate topic on it's own, but this is an important issue for me as someone who has been playing two-handed fighting for as long as this game has existed.
    THF is fine. The only argument you could reasonable make to me is that the "scales with melee power" damage proc's damage should be doubled to compensate for 2WF getting 80 - 100% more use out of this new mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    I dislike Slavers because of its length (although better than ToEE)

But what is the "Bust Drop-Rate seemed borked" are you talking about?

To be fair, I run this for Favor (extremely over level) or the occasional PUG only
    I'm guessing the
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Slave_Master%27s_Bust
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Systems Designer

Just checked for you - it does have a chance to drop.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Just checked for you - it does have a chance to drop.
    Thank you for looking. Is that chance accidentally coded to be .000001% vs .001%?

I cannot tell you how many slavers chests I've opened, and I have never seen one drop. Not for myself or any party member. Ever.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Slavers Busts drop. I have 9 of them. I've been with others that pulled them. It is very rare and I ran it a lot. You can probably run it enough to craft a full set with a set bonus before one drops.

My quality improvement request is fixing portals that kill blitz. If you can't do that, make the timer short. Ravenloft is particularly frustrating since it seems all quests that have portals besides Baba kill blitz.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

How about the ship buff that subtracts your extra action boost.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Thank you for looking. Is that chance accidentally coded to be .000001% vs .001%?

I cannot tell you how many slavers chests I've opened, and I have never seen one drop. Not for myself or any party member. Ever.
    My 3 is on items i no longer use. Plz Plz let us rearrange slaveritems in some way.

Would be really nice be able sort quests by epic lvl!

Character swapping bugs out the mouse scroll wheel: This happens after multiple character swaps, the zoom out functionality no longer works. Need to re-log to fix this.

The Scroll-Wheel bug is an issue on both sides of the Kobold/Hobbit line. I've been hit with it many times without having swapped chars, so not sure that's the only way that that particularly irritating bug spawns.

Somebody finding THAT fix would be AWESOME!!!
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    My quality improvement request is fixing portals that kill blitz. If you can't do that, make the timer short. Ravenloft is particularly frustrating since it seems all quests that have portals besides Baba kill blitz.
    This was fixed in a recent update. It was happening in quests that you enter through a wilderness area (which explains why it was not happening in the raids). If it's still happening to you, it is probably useful to the devs to mention which quest(s) it happens in.

Those quests are also the ones that cause the Reaper death timer reset, which was mentioned in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    This was fixed in a recent update. It was happening in quests that you enter through a wilderness area (which explains why it was not happening in the raids). If it's still happening to you, it is probably useful to the devs to mention which quest(s) it happens in.

Those quests are also the ones that cause the Reaper death timer reset, which was mentioned in the OP.
    Yeah Chacka put an entire comprehensive list together.
    Ghallanda Server Banned Camp
    Main: Allimar

Someone else (silentdancer) mentioned this in party and I thought it would be a great qol change: instead of going to someone on your airship or the hall of heroes to pause your bravery bonus, could you have it as an option to toggle it on/off in the quest portal UI?
    I hear so many people call out: wait I need to go pause my bravery streak.

Either that or maybe max out the bravery streak at 3 elites........ ]:> so that people do not care so much.

In-game compendium:

• So this thing is so outdated. Can you please allow us to sort by epic quest level. For example, The Chamber of Raiyum level is 12 (22 Epic). I want to be able to sort quests by EPIC level, and that (22 epic) does not lend itself to being sorted. Very frustrating and unnecessary

Include saga progress. This would be neat to track.

Display the highest reaper Level completed for each individual quest.
    I'd prefer if they just had separate entries for heroic/epic, adding columns is something they'll likely never do (when was the last time anything UI related got changed?)

e.g.,
    The Chamber of Raiyum | 12
    The Chamber of Raiyum (Epic) | 22

That way it's just a matter of populating the list, which even a non-coder should be able to handle

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    Slavers Busts drop. I have 9 of them.
    1 in the chest, on 9 separate occasions? Or 1 chest with 9 of them at once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Some great idea Cetus, thanks for posting thing.

On the compendium. I've always wanted columns that show what difficulties you have completed on.

C N H E R (Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite, Reaper) Then you can track where you can get first time bonus. As it stands, if you run elite or reaper first, it just shows you have done the hardest level and you can't see if you have run a lesser level or not.

Then list them separately as heroic and epic.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Wasn't fixed comprehensively. Its still broken in Fresh Baked Dreams (entering the windmill) and amber (using a portal)

Community Member

In ~8 epic set pieces, and ~8 heroic set pieces, I think I have seen it drop twice.

So 1 in 200 for someone in the party per run, or 1 in 1000 personally.

Since strength based THF (kensai + barb + pali) have the best cleaves, aren't they already tied to melee crowd control from Lay Waste?

I don't see rogues, tempests, or monks spamming lay waste at all, let alone effectively.

This has also been in the game as an option for as long as this game has existed.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-05-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    In ~8 epic set pieces, and ~8 heroic set pieces, I think I have seen it drop twice.

So 1 in 200 for someone in the party per run, or 1 in 1000 personally.
    Well, you've had better luck than I have lol

Was it out of a regular chest? Or just an ingredients chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Since strength based THF (kensai + barb + pali) have the best cleaves, aren't they already tied to melee crowd control from Lay Waste?
    Lay waste is average, it's nice when it lands, but the DC on that is borked, and is active much less than most crowd controlling abilities.

It still doesn't address the underlying fact that THF is severely underperforming
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

Well, you've had better luck than I have lol

Was it out of a regular chest? Or just an ingredients chest?

Don't remember. I'm fairly sure ingredients.

Lay waste is average, it's nice when it lands, but the DC on that is borked, and is active much less than most crowd controlling abilities.

It still doesn't address the underlying fact that THF is severely underperforming
    Can you adapt this? Or is it raw dps that is underperforming?
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-05-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    Yeah Chacka put an entire comprehensive list together.

This was only partially fixed. The developers fixed the part about this where going through doors would reset a Master's Blitz, however going through a DDoor will still cause you to loose your Blitz. They did not change the reset of a reaper timer when you rubber band in any of these quests that I am aware of. I can confirm that both The Final Vintage, and Death House still reset your raise timer as of 6-4-18; I assume they have not changed any of the other quests either.
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast