Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by noobodyfool View Post
    This seems strange to care about what others are doing?
    Yes, it most certainly is strange. It also leads to misleading, if not outright disingenuous positions, such as "its the build that allows this player to accomplish what they did, so the build must be OP" - when in fact more often than not its the player thats OP. My personal favorite is "that other guy can complete the quest, and this ruins my fun" along with "its not that the other guy is a better/more experienced player than I am, its because he is on a warlock (insert class I want nerfed here) and Im playing a barbarian (insert class I want buffed here)."

I think I will start a poll about who may or may not be opposed to a self heal penalty decrease
    There is already change in the works.
    Then just as elite challenge eroded, so too will reaper.

The thing is there are people who want just balance across classes that have no problem in r1-3 but above that it's impossible for them to play with out many conditions being met that other classes do not have to meet.
    Its not impossible for them to PLAY using the intended design - grouping. Its impossible for them to SOLO.

There will always be meta builds in this game, as their methods do not balance it. Doing what would be needed to balance it goes against the way they generate revenue. Im willing to discuss this in another thread, your poll thread if you like.
    Last edited by Chai; 06-06-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yes, it most certainly is strange. It also leads to misleading, if not outright disingenuous positions, such as "its the build that allows this player to accomplish what they did, so the build must be OP" - when in fact more often than not its the player thats OP. My personal favorite is "that other guy can complete the quest, and this ruins my fun" along with "its not that the other guy is a better/more experienced player than I am, its because he is on a warlock (insert class I want nerfed here) and Im playing a barbarian (insert class I want buffed here)."

Its not impossible for them to PLAY using the intended design - grouping. Its impossible for them to SOLO.

There will always be meta builds in this game, as their methods do not balance it. Doing what would be needed to balance it goes against the way they generate revenue. Im willing to discuss this in another thread, your poll thread if you like.
    Seriously? You two are the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

ok sure can you vote also please

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Cordovan, we *HAD* a system like this in the past. Trolls (and their friends) abused this system to auto-ban people they disagreed with (or try to anyways). A re-implementation of this system would simply cause those who disagree with the cry-nerf mobs to get auto-moderated. Community Moderators would be *much* better than this. That, or make it to where only premium / VIP accounts can post on the forums (but don't make it VIP only like SW:TOR does).
    The old system was a forum reputation system, and I agree that thing was awful, and was one of the first things I got rid of when I rose enough in position to be able to do it. My thinking on a Reddit-style up/down vote would be that it would be an optional way to view the forums; you could view by post date, perhaps number of replies, or by voting, with most positive listed first. This would be in a selected forum of the forums (General, classes, etc.)

To be clear, this isn't something I am at all promising we will do, but is rather something I would like to explore if/when we overhaul the forums.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The old system was a forum reputation system, and I agree that thing was awful, and was one of the first things I got rid of when I rose enough in position to be able to do it. My thinking on a Reddit-style up/down vote would be that it would be an optional way to view the forums; you could view by post date, perhaps number of replies, or by voting, with most positive listed first. This would be in a selected forum of the forums (General, classes, etc.)

To be clear, this isn't something I am at all promising we will do, but is rather something I would like to explore if/when we overhaul the forums.
    It's an interesting idea.

I would just say if you do implement a similar system, please make sure it's something you could "back out" of if it didn't work out the way you were hoping it would.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Bounty Hunter

1 guy with rpa software and a bunch of sock puppets would influence that too much

Community Member

Default Moderation Suggestion

I am open to wider feedback on what YOU want to see on these forums. While it's unlikely we can make everyone happy, if there is a general tilt in sentiment, I'm open to making an adjustment.
    People are vastly different so you will not win with company mass moderation. What I have done in past administration of forums is:

- quit company moderation of the masses by removing all censorship and adhere to minimal legal requirements - this avoids legal/morals traps
    - put forum moderation in user hands with personal block lists and profanity filters that can be edited per user, eg. as in-game blocks and the default profanity filer
    - add a forum functionality that displays a blocked user's posts as "Blocked" so the blocking user knows there is a post if they are interested in a thread and want to unblock a user to see it
    - users can block/un-block whoever they feel like aside from administrators
    - apply analytics to all users' blocks to follow the trends and try perma-bans of common offenders - subject to company scrutiny - or not, allowing the user blocks to continue.

I know this can lead to a lot of data but with some decent database techniques, like sharing a filter pool, offload processing to the user so you still send the normal amount of text and let filtering happen client side, etc. it may not be too burdensome. Just loosely based on my own experience, I think you can swing it in a way as to not affect posts and you need to disable it if it takes too much processing.

Default Involvement

One of my innermost hopes is that SSG would participate more on the forum. In my opinion this is the best platform to feel out your customers. And by best I mean reaching your customers. I am fully aware that this board hoards a lot of trashtalk and provocations.
    Put out important customer information clear to see. Imo it is the best place to publish recent or even pressing information. 1 example:
    Curse of Strahd bugged out quite a bit after release. People ran it and coudln't complete. They invested time and money for bypasses.
    I don't remember an announcement from SSG concerning that.
    A lot of frustration and anger and tickets send could have been avoided. Would have saved everyone some time.

And it is the best place to react to questions concerning SSG.. But the answering rate is horrible bordering on neglect.
    One of the best examples is questions about customer support. For exmaple:
    - What are the active/office hours?
    - Why does tickets replies often take so long?
    - What are they able to help you with ingame and for what do i have to send a mail? Waiting hours for a reply and then get the answer that they are unable to help is just annyoing.

If there is official information it is oftentimes spread over different platforms (facebook, twitter, forum, twitch, google+). I would need to monitor all to get that information, because it is missing on the forum for example.

The information quality and rate is a joke.
    I rely more on information from third persons than from SSG. How sad is that?

I don't know if there is a PR person or even a Social Media Manager employed but maybe you should think about that. Community Manager is something completely different, so I won't call out Cordovan on that. But I know that he takes on some of that duties.

Thank you.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345