Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any interest in scheduling Heroic Abbott runs

As title says. I want a quiver, but I'm having trouble soloing it, but could easily shortman if anyone else is looking to run this raid at any time.

Happy to teach puzzles if others want to learn as well.

Let me know a time that works, or shoot me a message in game - name is Beak.
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

Default You want a runner?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelis View Post
    As title says. I want a quiver, but I'm having trouble soloing it, but could easily shortman if anyone else is looking to run this raid at any time.

Happy to teach puzzles if others want to learn as well.

Let me know a time that works, or shoot me a message in game - name is Beak.
    Beak! I am so happy you are looking to run this. However, I already have a quiver on one of my characters. I'd be more than willing to roll up a character - and if you give me a few days, precisely 5-6 days, I would like to join you as I am looking for more character(s) in the Epic range to run raids instead of True Reincarnating my main character and missing out on the raids and what not. I will have an Aasimar Cleric at level 16-18 with a completed sigil in a week or so, and would be willing to run at certain days! I am available everyday from 3pm-10pm Eastern.
    Last edited by kelavas; 05-31-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: none

Sounds good - add me to your friends list! I've managed to cobble together 2 runs since posting this 1-2 manned, and will be tossing up LFMs any time I give solo/short manning it a shot.

Generally I am online 6pm-midnight most days longer on weekends lately.
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

If you post a specific time and day when you'll be running, I might jump in with two alts just for fun. 6pm to midnight works for me, but I'd only be logging in to join your raid so I'd need a specific time to log in.

I don't need anything from the raid for either alt (they both already have upgraded quivers) and would be happy to pass anything I pull.

EDIT: To clarify, the second alt is from my dualbox account, a level 15 who dies immediately and then raises for the end chest. My main doesn't have great dps but is super survivable. I have every confidence that we can easily 2-man it, which I've done many times.

Default .

I would be interested in joining, the last time I ran the quest was in 2011 and all I have ever done is throw rocks . I seem to remember a buddy saying that his quiver was somehow BtA? If everything is BtC I could flag an alt I have sitting at 30 just for the knowledge and experience of running it. Main's name is "Neurik", alt that I use to farm Slavers/Ravenloft is "Deepfried"

Hey, this is great that there's more excitement!

I ran ~4-6 runs last night. And I'm definitely looking to run more! Happy to burn timers with people who have them and just want to hit that 20th benchmark, or have people drop in for one run and head out.

Ellis, how does scheduling a run Wednesday at 9pm EST work for you? (Invite open to everyone else as well - obviously.)

Swimms, if you're interested in learning more about the raid I am happy to walk you through it - both short man strategies and more traditional ones. Given Ellis will be logging on just for the raid, I can give you an Abbott 101 guide in the game sometime prior to the Wednesday run if you like (though I do strongly recommend this as pre-reading because it's super helpful still https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Shortman-Guide)

As to the quiver, I'm not certain about it being BTA - perhaps the event ones given away were BTA? I suspect that it will be BTC, because it's a raid though I am by no means an expert.
    Beaker is self-centered.

Ellis, how does scheduling a run Wednesday at 9pm EST work for you? (Invite open to everyone else as well - obviously.)
    Works for me. I'll confirm on Tuesday.

(though I do strongly recommend this as pre-reading because it's super helpful still https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Shortman-Guide)
    That guide was fun to figure out and put together. I sure don't miss having to record every run looking for a good capture to post, though.

As to the quiver, I'm not certain about it being BTA - perhaps the event ones given away were BTA? I suspect that it will be BTC, because it's a raid though I am by no means an expert.
    It's a bug, I think. Something about putting BTA ammo into it makes it BTA, but it's not quite as simple as that. I've tried putting BTA ammo into one but it stayed BTC. Not that it mattered, since I grabbed a quiver on all my alts during the 10th anniversary give-away. I would never have run the raid at all except I needed a dozen or so seals to upgrade all my quivers, and could only manage to cobble together around five from shield and tome turn-ins.

Community Member

I'm looking for a quiver myself. Going to keep an eye out for you. Character name is Ilmeth.

I kinda suck, but I've read and think I mostly understand the two-man guide.

Glad to see I'm not the only one interested in this raid. Thanks for posting.

Hey, this is great that there's more excitement!

I ran ~4-6 runs last night. And I'm definitely looking to run more! Happy to burn timers with people who have them and just want to hit that 20th benchmark, or have people drop in for one run and head out.

Swimms, if you're interested in learning more about the raid I am happy to walk you through it - both short man strategies and more traditional ones. Given Ellis will be logging on just for the raid, I can give you an Abbott 101 guide in the game sometime prior to the Wednesday run if you like (though I do strongly recommend this as pre-reading because it's super helpful still https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Shortman-Guide)

Pretty sure I can make Wednesday at 9pm est work. I did check and my level 30 seed farmer is flagged (20 pure enlightened spirit tanky warlock). I would prefer to grab the quiver on my main who just hit 20 on her 3rd sorc life, I was going to TR her but maybe I'll flag and level up in epics until Wednesday. Will check out the guide before then, thanks.

flagged my main, plan on being there Wednesday at 9 est, looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Works for me. I'll confirm on Tuesday.
    Tomorrow night will work fine, should be fun!

Excellent - looking forward to running tonight!
    Beaker is self-centered.

I will be there but may be a little bit late (9:15ish-9:30), happy to burn some raid reset timers as well and I have an alt flagged that can run it too.

Thanks Beak, Ellis, Ilmeth et al for the smooth runs (4 total I think). It was a refreshing change of pace even though I had the easiest job of ressing and trash clear on the platform. Looking forward to more runs down the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    Thanks Beak, Ellis, Ilmeth et al for the smooth runs (4 total I think). It was a refreshing change of pace even though I had the easiest job of ressing and trash clear on the platform. Looking forward to more runs down the road!!
    Thanks for coming! Hoping to do another Saturday midnight EST on wards if people are on!
    Beaker is self-centered.

Yeah that was fun on Wednesday, though I kept messing up my jobs. Doh!

Thanks for coming! Hoping to do another Saturday midnight EST on wards if people are on!
    Midnight should work for me; I expect to be there but there's a chance I might not. If not, I won't be able to post here ahead of time, so if you don't see me at midnight figure I'm not coming. (But leave the LFM up on the off chance I get there late, I can join subsequent runs.)

Community Member

I'm going to try to be there too. The last set of runs were fun.

I plan on being there

That was fun. And I'm always happy to see someone get their quiver.

Community Member

Grats Beak.

Another fun night, got quite a few runs in and they were pretty quick. Thanks again guys. Looking forward to the next one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast