Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalris_Thane View Post
    Allow Hirelings in Raids

---> AT CASUAL MODE ONLY <---

That way, I get to experience raids without inflicting my horrible playstyle, terrible loot / character choices, frequent AFKs and poor reaction time on other people.

And, the Casual Mode only part means that if people want the better rewards / favor, they have to group up.

Disclaimer = Personally, I wouldn't mind a "no rewards / exp / etc... with hirelings" flag... but the OP said "easy".

As it stands, for me, when I go down the list of Quests, if it says "raid", I just skip. The above change would at least let me (and others like me) try them without bothering others.

Disclaimer 2 = If you can easily solo raids now, this post is not directed at you.
    This is what I want. It's frustrating as a player to run 12+ quests in a storyline and not be able to finish it because it concludes in a raid that no one wants to run. I've played off and on since 2007 or 2008, and I've still never played Twilight Forge, for example.

I think, more than just allowing Hirelings, that each Raid should have a "Quest" difficulty. On Quest difficulty, it basically behaves as casual (no named loot for example, XP is halved), but Hirelings are allowed and any multi-person requirement is removed (e.g. levers in VoN 5). I'd prefer that a "Quest" difficulty Raid is about as difficult as an Elite quest of the same level.

I would also like it if every Raid was converted to the token trade-in system. At the end of a "Quest" Raid, you'd receive half of the Normal amount of tokens, and you'd still go on timer.

Lastly, have it so that "Quest" mode only comes out for Raids that are at least 2 updates old.

This accomplishes the following:

1. Allows players to play Raids they want to that are impossible to find a group for.
    2. Allows casual players to figure out Raids on their own so that they can contribute in a group if they decide to run the Raid as a Raid.
    3. Entices players to group up to play the Raid by giving them an ingredient amount that's too small to be easily farmable.
    4. Encourages players to buy Raid bypass timers, by opening up a whole group of players (non-Raiders) to having a reason to buy them.
    5. Prevents abuse by having BtC tokens given as a quest reward. No dual-boxing to speed up the process.
    6. Players on the bleeding edge of gear and Raiding will still have two updates worth of Raiding the Raid before it becomes available as a quest, forcing them to figure it out without an easy button.

Community Member

I second the "Otto's Resistible Box" idea - this would get me spending money again.

Quest leader can auto-generate a list of potential quests that the entire group can join.

This would help a bunch when choosing the next quest, particularly with players that don't know what they are flagged for, or what is FTP and what is paid content.

LFM panel that does the same - only shows you what you can get into.
    Last edited by nokowi; 10-16-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    - inactive player -

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrar View Post
    This is what I want. It's frustrating as a player to run 12+ quests in a storyline and not be able to finish it because it concludes in a raid that no one wants to run. I've played off and on since 2007 or 2008, and I've still never played Twilight Forge, for example.

I think, more than just allowing Hirelings, that each Raid should have a "Quest" difficulty. On Quest difficulty, it basically behaves as casual (no named loot for example, XP is halved), but Hirelings are allowed and any multi-person requirement is removed (e.g. levers in VoN 5). I'd prefer that a "Quest" difficulty Raid is about as difficult as an Elite quest of the same level.

I would also like it if every Raid was converted to the token trade-in system. At the end of a "Quest" Raid, you'd receive half of the Normal amount of tokens, and you'd still go on timer.

Lastly, have it so that "Quest" mode only comes out for Raids that are at least 2 updates old.

This accomplishes the following:

1. Allows players to play Raids they want to that are impossible to find a group for.
    2. Allows casual players to figure out Raids on their own so that they can contribute in a group if they decide to run the Raid as a Raid.
    3. Entices players to group up to play the Raid by giving them an ingredient amount that's too small to be easily farmable.
    4. Encourages players to buy Raid bypass timers, by opening up a whole group of players (non-Raiders) to having a reason to buy them.
    5. Prevents abuse by having BtC tokens given as a quest reward. No dual-boxing to speed up the process.
    6. Players on the bleeding edge of gear and Raiding will still have two updates worth of Raiding the Raid before it becomes available as a quest, forcing them to figure it out without an easy button.
    Another easy solution to this problem would be to remove flagging for older/unpopular raids. I'd gladly hop on a Twilight Forge pug if I saw one posted, but since I never bother to run the flagging quests, its not an option. Caught in the Web is the worst offender - with one of the longest flagging mechanics in DDO's history, I'd say I've only ever seen the inside of it 3 times.

Take a lesson from Legendary Shroud, 2 flagging quests MAX.

Community Member

If I may add a second suggestion... engine based...

If I understand what my daughter tried to explain... DDO is "always on top" when it comes to programs during certain parts.

Meaning, when I first log-in, I can't tab out and surf. I "tab out" and click on any browser, or document, and it assumes I've clicked on the game and I'm back to looking at a bar moving from left to right. That's... 99% untab-able on first log-in.

When it come to logging into the game world, this persists for about the first 1/4 of the bar moving.

Sure, during normal play, I can tab out... but not during most transitions... LONG transitions by the way.

Considering how often the game crashes, or a zone stalls at "loading please wait...", being able to do something... ANYTHING else on the computer would be great.

This happens to me on multiple computers and other devices so it's not just a case of "buy a better computer LOL"... not that I have the money on a fixed income.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by systemshaker1941 View Post
    Another easy solution to this problem would be to remove flagging for older/unpopular raids. I'd gladly hop on a Twilight Forge pug if I saw one posted, but since I never bother to run the flagging quests, its not an option. Caught in the Web is the worst offender - with one of the longest flagging mechanics in DDO's history, I'd say I've only ever seen the inside of it 3 times.

Take a lesson from Legendary Shroud, 2 flagging quests MAX.
    Isn't twilight forge a once and done flag? you just make your sigil thingy and good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrar View Post
    I'd add my support for this. It is unfair to have paid for a pack, only to find yourself unable to actually play all the quests you've paid for - unless you get REALLY lucky - and even then it's probably a group who's done it all before so you don't really get to learn much about the content. Add a casual/solo mode for raids, at least older ones, where all the multi-player requirements like simultaneous lever pulls are eliminated, and maybe even allow hirelings. Sure the rewards/XP would be less, but a lot more people would get to experience them.

Default Gear sets instead of weapon sets

I've mentioned this before, but it would be great if multiple gear items could be stacked on a hotbar and equipped with a single click. Basically - make the weapon sets into "gear sets" able to accept any items, not just weapons, and also take more than two items.

It would be great for, say rogues, to have all trapping gear set up on one button, then another for "back to main gear". Arcanes could make, say, "ultimate firepower kit", "ultimate enchant/DC kit", "ultimate necro kit", "ultimate melee kit". I know all this could be done by putting each item on a separate button in a hot-bar and manually clicking each one, but it takes up a lot of screen-space and needs more clicking.

A further extension of this idea would be "spell sets" where a set of buff spells, say, could be placed on one button and all cast with a single click. This way, you could have all the long lasting buffs that you habitually cast at the start of every quest/post shrine on a single click. Then, say, another button could have shorter "into battle" buffs like displace/haste/fire shield.

A final cherry on top would be the ability to give each kit a custom name, say "trapping gear" that appears on mouse-over, so the screen doesn't fill up with windows for each item. Maybe then mouse-over that name to get the full view of all the gear.

Default two-weapon fighting animation

Would it be possible to make the animation for two-weapon fighting only do the two swings IF the second weapon actually gets swung that round? Otherwise, it defaults to the single weapon animation.

This would give a nice visual clue as to how often the off-hand weapon is ACTUALLY making an attack. It would also give a hint to new players who equip two weapons without having ANY of the TWF feats (and we've all seen it, if not been there ourselves at one point) that they are NOT actually getting double the amount of attacks every round. They might then ask about it.

Depending on how the game engine works this COULD be as simple as one or two lines of code. But then, it could be totally impossible without a total rewrite!

Ultimate Uber Completionist Dalsheel's Avatar

Make the reaper difficulty exclusive to level 30 characters.
    Sure many people will complain. You bite the bullet and admit you were wrong making it available to all levels.

You stop dividing your playerbase on heroic/epic level. We need more reasons to group with each other, give a chance to new players to become Veterans. As it stands now, vets play with vets and new players struggle.
    You instantly and effortlessly create a massive endgame scene with people flocking to level 30 to collect rXP.
    Argonnessen - Zerg Zerg
    Main: Dalsheel, FvS
    Alts: Elralia, Wizard // Nesnibtan, Undecided, racials for now

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katalissa View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but it would be great if multiple gear items could be stacked on a hotbar and equipped with a single click. Basically - make the weapon sets into "gear sets" able to accept any items, not just weapons, and also take more than two items.

It would be great for, say rogues, to have all trapping gear set up on one button, then another for "back to main gear". Arcanes could make, say, "ultimate firepower kit", "ultimate enchant/DC kit", "ultimate necro kit", "ultimate melee kit". I know all this could be done by putting each item on a separate button in a hot-bar and manually clicking each one, but it takes up a lot of screen-space and needs more clicking.

A further extension of this idea would be "spell sets" where a set of buff spells, say, could be placed on one button and all cast with a single click. This way, you could have all the long lasting buffs that you habitually cast at the start of every quest/post shrine on a single click. Then, say, another button could have shorter "into battle" buffs like displace/haste/fire shield.

A final cherry on top would be the ability to give each kit a custom name, say "trapping gear" that appears on mouse-over, so the screen doesn't fill up with windows for each item. Maybe then mouse-over that name to get the full view of all the gear.
    FWIW there's a bit of gear now that does let you do this for trapping, because it's all on one item. Snake gloves 6-9, Keylock Ring 10-20, Epic Snake Gloves 21-28, Legendary Keylock Ring 29-30.

I'd still support this. E.g. I might want Mask of the Vulkoorim when I use my Barovian Repeater (to keep Armor Piercing), but Executioner's Helm when using my Stormreach Guardian's Repeater.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsheel View Post
    Sure many people will complain. You bite the bullet and admit you were wrong making it available to all levels.

You stop dividing your playerbase on heroic/epic level. We need more reasons to group with each other, give a chance to new players to become Veterans. As it stands now, vets play with vets and new players struggle.
    You instantly and effortlessly create a massive endgame scene with people flocking to level 30 to collect rXP.
    Nope but at lest you got EDF

Ladders!!!

i can't believe it's so hard to fix

EDIT: adding something more constructive...

would like to see more data, for other types of players

killcounts, healing counts, seconds of crown control, damage total, etc

i think it's not easy tho

cya
    Last edited by blackzombie; 10-19-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    blackzombie, madzombie, deviltoy, metatroni, azzallea, zombeast - ORIEN

I like the general idea. Maybe something like legendary quest reaper XP bonus + 100 % ; heroic reaper XP - 50 %

But I also think a self healing penalty for healer classes in reaper is silliness. What do I know.

At the very least there should be a reaper healer tree only pure healer classes can access to reduce the penalty by spending reaper points.

But I still am nostalgic for the days when game mechanics were based around lore and logic not blanket buffs/ debuffs/ penalties for no reason other than the solution to make the game more challenging is add mobs, add hp, blanket immunties for mobs and blanket PC debuffs. Whether it makes sense or not within the game.

Community Member

Include Heroic raids, not just Legendary. It would have been easy when making the raids.
    It feels silly doing a level 10-12 saga, but not being able to complete the storyline without a level 32 raid.

(I know, duped Raid Bypass Timers that the devs are unwilling to do anything about.)

Community Member

No way.
    Elite at Heroic is boringly easy for most quests, for experienced players. Reaper can make them more challenging and less boring.

Your plan also make reaper XP only useful at 30, so only those players who were staying at 30 anyway would stay at 30 to benefit.

Default Give Arti dogs and druid wolves some love

Give them enhancement trees and a mini pass!

Also give rangers an animal companion please

A moving training dummy. Static targets are limited in providing certain feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxtan View Post
    I have only been playing a little over a year, I have learned a lot more about how to really play DDO in a few days vs. grind DDO in a year, and it is much more entertaining. I hope HC never ends.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456