Default Ugh, Logout bug, now can't get back in

So, I yet again had the great "we will never address it" log out bug switching between mules. Eventually, I had to altF4 in order to log out. It took me a good 10 minutes to even get back in because it was "cleaning up old connection" at .01 kb/s.
    Ghallanda Server Officer: ToHitArmorClassZero
    Main: Allimar

So now the only way I can switch characters is if I completely quit. Why even have a logout button?

And... cleaning up old connection again. .01 to .02 kb/s for a long time (well over 2 minutes) before finally ramping up and loading.

Seriously I have now spent over 30 minutes switching between 9 characters so far, with 5 left searching for one item. I've already given up on being able to play anymore tonight. So thanks for that.

One day later... still can't log out.

Community Member

Did you buy any logout pots from the store?

Best solution that I've ever found for 'cleaning up old connection' issues is to log into a different server, then return to the original.

If you're really paranoid, log into a different toon on the original server when you return, then try your problem child again.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    Best solution that I've ever found for 'cleaning up old connection' issues is to log into a different server, then return to the original.

If you're really paranoid, log into a different toon on the original server when you return, then try your problem child again.
    I have 8 problem children. What I have decided to do to some success but much less efficiency is to move the offensing characters out of the harbor and to lesser know. Bank areas or the guild ship. The guild ship is still proving challenging for logout/in on these characters, but once I get them to lesser used login/out areas, I’m seeing some inprovement. Could be the act of zoning in/out of areas that helps too. Not sure.

Re: logout pots. Love the idea. Sign me up! Lol.

Default Cant log out or in

It got to the point where I couldn't log out. I had to kill the ddo client. Now I'm stuck at the "cleaning up old connections". This is new for me. It just started in the last week or so.