Community Member

Default Back to Necrocleric...thoughts?

Included in EllisDee's Build Repository! As a result, please check lower in the thread for an update post on this build

One of my alts used to be a necrocleric in the post-motu days untill haunted halls-ish, healing my buddy on a vampire ek. The time has come to give it another bash as my main, a pale trapper, bemoans the lack of racial balance and justice of us undead not having any healers! Oh, and I can't stomach having her as a warlock any longer... ;p
    Aim : not uber but can contribute on elite and low skulls, especially if there are undead in party.
    PL : 3 cleric and 1 lock, 1itr (sun elf) and 1etr (divine)
    Tomes : 4wis, 2 or 3 the rest
    Kit : should be quite good bar crafting
    My main gripe is rmbring as it was : not enough sp's and spells that did very little dmg. This has me uncertain on death or magic domain. Any advise welcome!

Reygal return to necrocleric aasimar
    Cleric 20
    True Neutral Aasimar

Stats
    . . . . . . . .34pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . .8. . . .+3. . . .4: WIS
    Dexterity . . . .8. . . .+2. . . .8: WIS
    Constitution. . 14. . . .+2. . . 12: WIS
    Intelligence. . 10. . . .+2. . . 16: WIS
    Wisdom. . . . . 20. . . .+4. . . 20: WIS
    Charisma. . . . 16. . . .+2. . . 24: WIS
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: WIS

Skills
    . . . . . 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Heal. . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 21
    Concent . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 20
    Spellcr . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 20
    Perform . 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    Tumble. . 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    . . . . . 8. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3

Feats

.1. . . . : Maximize Spell
    .3. . . . : Empower Spell
    .6. . . . : Enlarge Spell
    .9. . . . : Heighten Spell
    12. . . . : Quicken Spell
    15. . . . : Spell Penetration
    18. . . . : Spell Focus: Necromancy
    21 Epic . : Arcane Insight
    24 Epic . : Embolden Spell
    26 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Negative OR Light
    27 Epic . : Intensify Spell
    28 Destiny: Mass Frog
    29 Destiny: Arcane Pulse
    30 Epic . : Wellspring of Power
    30 Legend : Scion of: Shadowfell OR Plane of Fire

.1 Aasimar: Bond of the Protector

.2 Cleric : Death Domain OR Magic Domain

.1 Deity. : Follower of: Aureon
    .6 Deity. : Aureon's Instruction

Spells
    1. Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist, Nimbus of Light, Nightshield, Command, Divine Favor, Inflict Light Wounds
    2. Cure Moderate Wounds, Seek Eternal Rest, Soundburst, Resist Energy, Find Traps, Inflict Moderate Wounds
    3. Cure Serious Wounds, Magic Circle Against Evil, Water Breathing, Searing Light, Mass Aid, <Any>
    4. Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement, Divine Power, Death Ward, Holy Smite, <Any>
    5. Mass Cure Light Wounds, Slay Living, Divine Punishment, Flame Strike, Greater Command, Spell Resistance
    6. Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Harm, Undeath to Death, Cometfall, Blade Barrier, <Any>
    7. Mass Cure Serious Wounds, Destruction, Mass Inflict Serious Wounds, Resurrection, Greater Restoration, <Any>
    8. Mass Cure Critical Wounds, Death Pact, Fire Storm, Mass Inflict Critical Wounds, <Any>, <Any>
    9. Energy Drain, Implosion, Mass Heal, Summon Monster IX, True Resurrection

Enhancements (79 of 80 AP)

Divine Disciple (50 AP)
    • Emissary: Light, Sacred Defense, Enervation, Necrotic Ray, Power Word: Stun, Transcend: Light
      1. Nimbus of Light III, Spellpower: Universal III, Divine Vitality I, Spell Critical: Universal
      2. Spell Penetration II, Spellpower: Universal III, Spell Critical: Universal
      3. Searing Light III, Spellpower: Universal III, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom
      4. Holy Smite III, Evocation DC, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom
      5. Flame Strike III, Evocation DC, Divine Empowerment

Aasimar (16 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds III
      1. Improved Recovery
      2. Arcanum II, Divine Purpose
      3. Blessings I, Improved Recovery
      4. Divine Form

Radiant Servant (12 AP)
    • Healing Domain, Pacifism, Positive Energy Burst
      1. Extra Turning III, Altruism I
      2. Improved Turning III, Mighty Turning

Warpriest (1 AP)
    • Smite Foe
    Last edited by ned_ellis; 12-16-2019 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Included in EllisDee's Build Repository!

I enjoyed playing my cleric in the Death Domain using "Divine Emissary of Darkness". I was more thematic in that I was a Drow for the race

Using the SLAs of both as your primary spell damage will go a long way with your spell point pool.

Look at the SLAs of emissary of darkness.

Now the disadvantage is this is negative energy, so undead and deathwarded mobs they are useless against. Turns Undead and other cleric features do help in this regard.

Additionally it is easy to augment your negative spell power.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I enjoyed playing my cleric in the Death Domain using "Divine Emissary of Darkness". I was more thematic in that I was a Drow for the race

Using the SLAs of both as your primary spell damage will go a long way with your spell point pool.

Look at the SLAs of emissary of darkness.

Now the disadvantage is this is negative energy, so undead and deathwarded mobs they are useless against. Turns Undead and other cleric features do help in this regard.

Additionally it is easy to augment your negative spell power.
    That's actually a mistake - I meant to pick darkness d'oh! that's why I spent the ap's in radiant to up the turn.
    She was actually a drow first time round; to avoid too many tr's I bent for the better stats of aasimar...but drow is much cooler!
    So the sla's should be enough? That necro sla in domain is juicy too; I love that spell! I picked all the epic feats possible that gave sp's too...hopefully with the sentient set bonus and the epic clickies (wellspring and the other one) it will be enough to offset not having many spell pen feats...maybe?

Again, I had fun in the Death Domain. But I'm going to admit that right now while it is my favorite Domain to date - I have enjoyed all of them for what they provide and I'm even speaking for the Protection Domain which does not provide an offensive SLA.

Aasimar is a good racial choice to combine with the Death Domain, the Lay on Hands you get is another way to help reserve your Spell points. But yes, those sla's both from the death domain and Dark Emmissary can push out some respectable damage and still be really cheap in spell point cost.

Also, I enjoyed Cause Fear for handling Reapers if you do use that difficulty. Cheap spell you can get early.

Bounty Hunter

I've been noodling on this topic myself for several months. For heroic leveling death domain wins hands-down.

I really like death domain, but the issue I have with death domain @ level 30 is you don't get the light spell power boost you get from the air, earth, fire and water domains especially with the ravenloft belts giving you a stacking 200 spellpower on top of the domain bonuses. The higher skull you go the less that matters, but I tend to prefer low to mid skulls as I don't find the high skull cheesing all that interesting - so for me it matters.

If I look at the elemental domains it's a tough call. Water has synergies with burst of glacial wrath. Air has the best dps slas. Earth has earthquake which is really great cc to complement stuns which can get costly in terms of spell points.

I tend to think having earthquake + the higher dps trumps having the extra necro dc and sla even on a necro-focused cleric. By beefing up acid spellpower which also powers light spells it gives me a divine wrath + energy burst that packs a really nice aoe punch even though energy burst isn't based on wisdom.

I also like the combo of air domain with burst of glacial wrath since the 200 spellpower boost from the ravenloft belt works for air and water spells. You lose earthquake but have a more effective burst of glacial wrath along with chain lightning for a little better aoe to compliment divine wrath and energy burst.
    Last edited by slarden; 04-27-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I tend to think having earthquake + the higher dps trumps having the extra necro dc and sla even on a necro-focused cleric. By beefing up acid spellpower which also powers light spells it gives me a divine wrath + energy burst that packs a really nice aoe punch even though energy burst isn't based on wisdom.
    This sounds appealing.

In low/mid skull epic reaper, is Turn Undead completely useless? If there's a reason to pump charisma for turning, and it also provides your Energy Burst DC, that's not a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    This sounds appealing.

In low/mid skull epic reaper, is Turn Undead completely useless? If there's a reason to pump charisma for turning, and it also provides your Energy Burst DC, that's not a bad deal.
    In the heroic levels turns are still very useful, especially if you take the effort to gear (swap item) for it.

What I like about the elemental domains is the added ability to turn elementals as it expands on the usefulness of this ability.

For the Epic game the same HD issues that exist for Epic Undead still plague you at this level. But I also recommend against Mighty Turning at Epic levels because of the increased amount of "death warded" undead that ignore the instant death part, but because of that still don't have the stun/cower part applied. Without Mighty Turning you get the stun/cower.

Community Member

First off, ty for the tips all (fear on reapers and epic deathblock for the mighty turning especially!).
    I have allrdy tr'd her sadly - so far to lvl4 no problem on elite, no aoe but ok as support in r2.
    I was curious about the elemental domains that slarden mentions : I thought they used light OR elemental spell pwr so I don't see how the rloft belts are stacking...? With regards their synergies with the various epic feats its valid, but on basic spells I think I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by ned_ellis View Post
    First off, ty for the tips all (fear on reapers and epic deathblock for the mighty turning especially!).
    I have allrdy tr'd her sadly - so far to lvl4 no problem on elite, no aoe but ok as support in r2.
    I was curious about the elemental domains that slarden mentions : I thought they used light OR elemental spell pwr so I don't see how the rloft belts are stacking...? With regards their synergies with the various epic feats its valid, but on basic spells I think I'm missing something.
    Soundburst is a solid level 2 spell with AoE stun effect. I consider it a staple spell and prefer to use it without meta's early on to conserve on SP. It is also an evocation spell so a little spell school gearing and if you have Sorcerer Past Lives can help with the DC landing more stuns. It does have spell resistance requirement which makes it less effective on creatures like Drow.

Domains that have elemental damage will use the higher of spell power between that element and light/alignment damage.

Bounty Hunter

If you are in air domain you can use the higher of electric or light for electric and light spells. Most of the items giving spellpower bonuses such as random loot and named items typically have an equipment bonus to electric such as this item: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legenda...one%27s_Lenses

Different type bonuses stack. So the unique thing about the ravenloft belts is they have an enhancement bonus that stacks with equipment bonuses - so for example this item stacks with random loot, garstone lenses and most items: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legenda...mingspark_Cord

So both items give you 404 spellpower. You do get light spellpower from past lifes and exalted angel but it doesn't match up with the 202 stacking bonus from the belt. So the best way to power light spellpower for an elemental domain cleric is to power up the element with stacking bonuses.

Then you can add on top of this your elemental domain bonus, spellsight, implement bonus, quality bonus, insightful bonus, alchemical bonus (potion), etc. and you are stacking some serious spellpower, enough to make energy burst worth it on a wisdom build.

Community Member

If you are in air domain you can use the higher of electric or light for electric and light spells. Most of the items giving spellpower bonuses such as random loot and named items typically have an equipment bonus to electric such as this item: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legenda...one%27s_Lenses

Different type bonuses stack. So the unique thing about the ravenloft belts is they have an enhancement bonus that stacks with equipment bonuses - so for example this item stacks with random loot, garstone lenses and most items: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legenda...mingspark_Cord

So both items give you 404 spellpower. You do get light spellpower from past lifes and exalted angel but it doesn't match up with the 202 stacking bonus from the belt. So the best way to power light spellpower for an elemental domain cleric is to power up the element with stacking bonuses.

Then you can add on top of this your elemental domain bonus, spellsight, implement bonus, quality bonus, insightful bonus, alchemical bonus (potion), etc. and you are stacking some serious spellpower, enough to make energy burst worth it on a wisdom build.
    I forgot to thank you for the explanation! My bad...ty!

Community Member

Does it affect Divine Wrath? When last I checked, the Cleric elemental/light conversion only worked for Cleric class spells.

Community Member

Default Update to Build

Ok, so probably only because there are so few Cleric Caster builds, but my request for info thread has been included in EllisDee's Build Repository! As a result I thought I'd update this thread / build for anyone that may be interested...

Updated 01/2020
    First off, below I will post the build I was aiming for at cap after taking into consideration feedback.
    A few caveats :
    1) I forgot to unblock Falconry (d'oh!) so I haven't currently got the same AP spend as in the planner - the extra points went into heal amp in Aasimar tree and extra Wis from RS tree. Tbh I'm not a Falconry expert so might end up not spending in it* as the extra Wis and the heal amp are handy, especially for those that play Reaper - will update when I've tried.
    2) Once you 'Transcend Darkness', the spell selection is a little different when you insert the DD tree core spells (highly suggested) - spell list updated; where there is a gap I used one of the DD core spells.
    3) Feat selection : currently I'm happy with Arcane Pulse over Deific Warding as it solves many immune mobs / boss dmg moments I had whilst epic lvling. I picked Negative Spell Pwer over Guardian Angel but I'm not sold here yet. At level 30, I'm trying Ruin but it is very underwhelming cost/benefit wise so will likely change it and rely on Arcane Pulse. I'm also monitoring BoGW as I am a little underwhelmed so far...
    4) I will eventually update with kit set-up but it will not be cutting edge at all!

So, how has the ride been so far...?! (N.B. : The comments are mostly from HE solo play with grouping bringing the difficulty up to R3 max.)

Lvls 1 - 5 : I can't lie, these lvls were agony! Slow, slow, slow! Low spell dmg, low str (so can't smack stuff with a pointy stick for a while), low sp pool for healing and awwwwwwwful mobility (I presume having the upgraded quiver of alacrity helps here). Only in undead heavy content such as Catacombs and Delera do you feel like a God thanks to a stellar Turn Undead (have the heroic Celestial Beacon and invest AP in RS first to make sure you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!). I normally don't use them, but a mellee hire comes in handy for resource management. Oh, did I mention how slow it was...?!

Lvls 5 - 10 : We have our first 'instakill' : necrotic ray sla! The world changes at this point since it literally is 'one shot , one kill'. With Turn Undead dealing with the immune mobs, there isn't much that can stop you...you're just still pretty slow!

Lvls 10 - 14 : At this point we are starting to have some decent AP spend in DD tree - get to Negative Energy Burst sla asap which is an 'aoe almost instakill'; in the meantime slap on some Ravenloft gear (Platemail of the Barovian Lord, Gauntlets of the Innate Arcanum and Skulled Ring especially) and enjoy the bump in power untill...

Lvls14 - 20 : You have Necrotic Bolt for single target dmg, Turn Undead for undead and Negative Energy Burst for aoe; at this point we add Destruction sla! Everything clicks into place at this point as you can veritably bowl over pretty much anything bar constructs that you have to cometfall down (or possibly blade barrier which I do not use) at great resource expense; fortunately there aren't too many of them (but there is some content in the 12 I would avoid if solo).

Lvls20+ : I am currently at lvl 21 and am suffering from a lack of low epic equipment. As I expected from this build, the higher the lvl of content the more this build shines when in a group; it's currently in a phase that its great solobility from heroics is fading away a bit but I expect it to return as kit selection levels out.
    Ok, now at cap and am experimenting with ap spend (both for falconry and not) and ED twists, whilst hunting down a few bits of kit I'm missing. The leveling in epic was...bumpy. I kept the same difficulty settings but needed at least one other player to get through the content, especially in certain level ranges (23/25 and 28/30).

Role : I feel very useful in certain groups whilst at other times totally redundant! I am still finding the builds balance between instakill, cc (surprisingly Grtr Command is quite efficient even without the investment!) and heals as well as if better as a classic caster backstander or frontliner/tankyness that uses is aoe heals, implosion and touch attacks...of course not solo in this case!)

*please see post below for alternatives / experiments / tweaks.

So without further ado, the build has been tweaked to look like this :

Reygal Death Cleric_rev1908
    Cleric 20
    True Neutral Aasimar

Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    Constitution. . 16. . . .+3. . . 12: WIS
    Charisma. . . . 15. . . . . . . .24: WIS

Skills
    Concent . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. . .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .20
    Heal. . . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 20
    Spellcr . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. . .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .19
    UMD . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1

Feats

.3. . . . : Quicken Spell
    .6. . . . : Heighten Spell
    .9. . . . : Spell Focus: Evocation
    12. . . . : Spell Penetration
    15. . . . : Spell Focus: Necromancy
    18. . . . : Greater Spell Penetration
    21 Epic . : Epic Spell Penetration
    24 Epic . : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Guardian Angel OR Epic Spell Power: Negative
    27 Epic . : Embolden Spell
    29 Destiny: Arcane Pulse
    30 Epic . : Intensify Spell OR Ruin OR Arcane Insight
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Air

.2 Cleric : Death Domain

Spells

1. Cure Light Wounds (1), Nightshield (1), Obscuring Mist (1), Command (2), Shield of Faith (4), Remove Fear (7), Nimbus of Light (20)
    2. Cure Moderate Wounds (3), Soundburst (3), Resist Energy (3), Seek Eternal Rest (4), Close Wounds (6), Hold Person (9)
    3. Cure Serious Wounds (5), Magic Circle Against Evil (5), Blindness (5), Remove Curse (6), Inflict Serious Wounds (8), Searing Light (11)
    4. Cure Critical Wounds (7), Freedom of Movement (7), Panacea (7), Restoration (8), Order's Wrath (10), <Any>
    5. Mass Cure Light Wounds (9), Divine Punishment (9), Flame Strike (9), Greater Command (10), Slay Living (12), Stalwart Pact (15)
    6. Mass Cure Moderate Wounds (11), Cometfall (11), Harm (11), Undeath to Death (12), Mass Inflict Moderate Wounds (14), <Any>
    7. Mass Cure Serious Wounds (13), Destruction (13), Mass Spell Resistance (13), Greater Restoration (14), Mass Protection from Elements (16), <Any>
    8. Mass Cure Critical Wounds (15), Death Pact (15), Fire Storm (15), Mass Death Ward (16), Mass Inflict Critical Wounds (18), <Any>
    9. Energy Drain (17), Implosion (17), Mass Heal (18), Summon Monster IX (19), True Resurrection (20)

Enhancements (80 AP)

Divine Disciple (43 AP)
    • Emissary: Darkness, Sacred Defense, Enervation, Necrotic Ray, Power Word: Stun, Transcend: Darkness
      1. Spellpower: Universal III, Spell Critical: Universal
      2. Spell Penetration III, Spellpower: Universal III, Spell Critical: Universal
      3. Spellpower: Universal III, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom
      4. Negative Energy Burst II, Necromancy DC, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom
      5. Mass Inflict Moderate Wounds II, Necromancy DC, Divine Empowerment

Aasimar (17 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds III
      1. (none)
      2. Arcanum III
      3. Blessings II
      4. Tower Shield, Divine Form

Radiant Servant (11 AP)
    • Healing Domain, Pacifism, Positive Energy Burst
      1. Extra Turning III, Altruism II
      2. Improved Turning III

Falconry (9 AP)
    • Raven, Wisdom
      1. Rugged I, Out in Nature III
      2. Killer Instinct I

Destiny (24 AP) (Errors)

Exalted Angel
    1. Radiant Power III, Endless Faith III, Wisdom
    2. Wisdom
    3. Piercing Spellcraft III, Wisdom
    4. Wisdom
    5. Leap of Faith, Wisdom
    6. Sun Bolt, Divine Wrath

Twists of Fate (33 fate points)
    1. Piercing Spellcraft (Tier 3 Draconic)
    2. School Specialist: Necromancy (Tier 2 Magister)
    3. Precise: Evocation (Tier 2 Draconic)
    4. Piercing Spellcraft (Tier 3 Magister)
    Last edited by ned_ellis; 01-09-2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Update to build 01/2020

Community Member

Default Alternatives / Tweaks / Variants etc.

I've never had a toon with the RS healing aura so wanted to see, if not happy with the build at cap and hence wanting to up raid support capabilities, if the aura could be inserted into this build.

I came up with the following swop from T5 DD to RS; a few points :
    1) I haven't tried it yet
    2) I doubt I will end up using this as I lose simply too much from the Aasimar tree to justify it (I have no RAP's)
    3) This could be a valid alternative for those that have many Racial Action Points as, prior to testing, DC's shouldn't suffer too much (and I could drop the DD T5 sla on the 'regular' build since they let undead get some +ve healing in the PM pass...meh)
    4) If one has the RAP's but sticks to the original build they should go into Falconry; if they go with this one they should maintain the Aasimar spend.

Here it is :

Reygal Death Cleric_Heals_rev1912
    Cleric 20
    True Neutral Aasimar

Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    Constitution. . 16. . . .+3. . . 12: WIS
    Charisma. . . . 15. . . .+2. . . 24: WIS

Skills
    Concent . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 21
    Heal. . . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 20
    Spellcr . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 20

Feats

.3. . . . : Heighten Spell
    .6. . . . : Quicken Spell
    .9. . . . : Spell Focus: Evocation
    12. . . . : Spell Focus: Necromancy
    15. . . . : Spell Penetration
    18. . . . : Greater Spell Penetration
    21 Epic . : Epic Spell Penetration
    24 Epic . : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Guardian Angel OR Epic Spell Power: Negative
    27 Epic . : Embolden Spell
    29 Destiny: Deific Warding OR Arcane Pulse
    30 Epic . :
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Air

.2 Cleric : Death Domain

Spells

1. Cure Light Wounds (1), Nightshield (1), Obscuring Mist (1), Command (2), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    2. Cure Moderate Wounds (3), Soundburst (3), Resist Energy (3), Seek Eternal Rest (4), <Any>, <Any>
    3. Cure Serious Wounds (5), Magic Circle Against Evil (5), Blindness (5), Water Breathing (6), Inflict Serious Wounds (8), Remove Curse (11)
    4. Cure Critical Wounds (7), Freedom of Movement (7), Panacea (7), Holy Smite (8), Order's Wrath (10), Chaos Hammer (13)
    5. Mass Cure Light Wounds (9), Divine Punishment (9), Flame Strike (9), Greater Command (10), Slay Living (12), Stalwart Pact (15)
    6. Mass Cure Moderate Wounds (11), Cometfall (11), Harm (11), Undeath to Death (12), Symbol of Persuasion (14), Mass Inflict Moderate Wounds (17)
    7. Mass Cure Serious Wounds (13), Destruction (13), Mass Spell Resistance (13), Greater Restoration (14), Resurrection (16), Mass Protection from Elements (19)
    8. Mass Cure Critical Wounds (15), Death Pact (15), Fire Storm (15), Mass Death Ward (16), Mass Inflict Critical Wounds (18), Symbol of Death (20)
    9. Energy Drain (17), Implosion (17), Mass Heal (18), Summon Monster IX (19), True Resurrection (20)

Enhancements (80 AP)

Divine Disciple (41 AP)
    • Emissary: Darkness, Sacred Defense, Enervation, Necrotic Ray, Power Word: Stun, Transcend: Darkness
      1. Chill Touch I, Spellpower: Negative III, Spell Critical: Universal, Spell Points II
      3. Spellpower: Negative III, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom
      4. Negative Energy Burst III, Necromancy DC, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom

Radiant Servant (35 AP)
    • Healing Domain, Pacifism, Positive Energy Burst, Improved Empower Healing, Positive Energy Shield
      1. Extra Turning III, Wand Mastery I, Altruism III
      2. Improved Turning III, Divine Healing III
      3. Wisdom
      4. Endless Turning II, Divine Health, Wisdom
      5. Positive Energy Aura, Cure Focus

Aasimar (4 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II

Destiny (8 of 24 AP)

Exalted Angel
    1. Radiant Power III, Healing Power III, Wisdom

Twists of Fate (33 fate points)
    1. Piercing Spellcraft (Tier 3 Draconic)
    2. School Specialist: Necromancy (Tier 2 Magister)
    3. Precise: Evocation (Tier 2 Draconic)
    4. Piercing Spellcraft (Tier 3 Magister)
    Last edited by ned_ellis; 12-13-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Community Member

reserved

I've been looking around for a way to make my old Horc Greataxe Wielding pure cleric viable again.

He has a few cleric past lives and all the old gear from those days (Bluescale armour, etc - yeh, that long ago, lol) but is just hopeless now even with his GS weapon collection.

The melee damage is like cutting down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring, and his spell kills are massively resource draining : I can't even use him to farm low level Heroic elites, just hopeless.

I was looking at another Battle Cleric build - pure with domain based light warhammers or Mauls or some such (Domains have happened since I ran this guy, apparently they've made a difference???), or even hoping there might be a pew pew Inquisitive out there that could still raid heal (I see a lot of gushing forth about the power of pew pew with Inqui), but, this may fit the bill.

Reckon I'll TR him in a few days and give it a try, and worst case scenario, if it's not mustard he'll have a third cleric past life and I'll have him in as a FVS or some such - I do miss having a good divine character that can run solo for farming gear and come out to heal when a raid's in the offing...

Later mate, Coit out
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

I've never had a toon with the RS healing aura so wanted to see, if not happy with the build at cap and hence wanting to up raid support capabilities, if the aura could be inserted into this build.

2) I doubt I will end up using this as I lose simply too much from the Aasimar tree to justify it (I have no RAP's)
    what else were you looking for from Aasimar? I think 41 in DD, 32 in Radiant Servant and 7 in Aasimar covers it

Code:
    New Build
    Cleric 20
    True Neutral Aasimar

Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +6       4: WIS
    Dexterity        8       +6       8: WIS
    Constitution    18       +6      12: WIS
    Intelligence    12       +6      16: WIS
    Wisdom          20       +6      20: WIS
    Charisma         8       +6      24: WIS
                                     28: WIS

Enhancements (80+2 AP)

Divine Disciple (41 AP)
      1. Spellpower: Universal III, Spell Critical: Universal, Spell Points III
      3. Necrotic Bolt III, Spellpower: Universal III, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom
      4. Necromancy DC, Spell Critical: Universal, Wisdom
    Radiant Servant (32 AP)
    • Healing Domain, Pacifism, Positive Energy Burst, Improved Empower Healing
      1. Extra Turning III, Altruism II
      2. Improved Turning III, Mighty Turning
      3. Intense Healing III, Wisdom
      4. Endless Turning III, Wisdom
      5. Positive Energy Aura
    Aasimar (7 AP)[list][*]Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds III