Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

For gnome, you should mention color spray. It has a great synergy with both casting and ranged artificer approaches, and its sets up helplessness and sneak attacks pretty reliably if you're an int build.

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Your Rune Arm section really needs to talk up the best rune arm shot: Lightning Storm. They are by far the most powerful rune arm shot, being the only multi-hit shot that can also hit in an AoE. It can be a bit fiddly to get the AoE to work (jumping up and firing straight down in the middle of a crowd tends to work best), but the damage dealt by a full blast is effectively a free energy burst with no cast time. And since it's electric, you can also pump up the damage even higher by casting Lightning Motes.

The Lightning Storm rune arms are: Toven's Hammer, Heroic/Legendary Arc Welder (long range) and St. Murray's Fire. If you've got one of these and you aren't fighting something immune to electricity, you should be using it.
    Another powerful rune arm option that I didn't see called out specifically in the guide are the ones which hit twice with two different damage types. These rune arms also imbue ranged and melee attacks with both damage types.

Strinati's Hand Cannon - Bludgeoning and Fire
    Glass Cannon (not mentioned at all in your guide) - Bludgeoning and Fire

There are possibly more, but the wiki page on rune arms is a mess and doesn't list the dual types consistently.

Nice guide! +1

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    For gnome, you should mention color spray. It has a great synergy with both casting and ranged artificer approaches, and its sets up helplessness and sneak attacks pretty reliably if you're an int build.
    Great suggestion, I'll add it to the gnome section!

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    Another powerful rune arm option that I didn't see called out specifically in the guide are the ones which hit twice with two different damage types. These rune arms also imbue ranged and melee attacks with both damage types.

Strinati's Hand Cannon - Bludgeoning and Fire
    Glass Cannon (not mentioned at all in your guide) - Bludgeoning and Fire

There are possibly more, but the wiki page on rune arms is a mess and doesn't list the dual types consistently.

Nice guide! +1
    Thank you! Strinati's is one of my favorite heroic rune arms of all time, Glass Cannon on the other hand, I believe I didn't mention initially because up until last Crystal Cove, it was pretty "meh" - not up to par spellpower wise, and the fortification penalty kinda stunk for an already ok damage output. BUT! That's been fixed, and I will definitely add it to the list! ^^
    Streamer - Leader of Between Hammer n' Anvil - Ghallandian
    ~~~ The Great Forge Experiment ~~~
    Hephaestas • Haidies • Artemaes • Bladebarri
    «««- Visit Heph's Forge on twitch! -»»»

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

I like your Arblaster build. I was wondering though why you chose Mechanus instead of something like Plane of Elemental Air (lots of extra electric damage). I feel like I remember the Reconstruct SLA not scaling properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    I like your Arblaster build. I was wondering though why you chose Mechanus instead of something like Plane of Elemental Air (lots of extra electric damage). I feel like I remember the Reconstruct SLA not scaling properly.
    AH! So, I wrote the Guide as U38 was coming out; closely keeping up with the updates they were planning, and giving my feedback on Lammania, etc.

The Arblaster build was written more or less around the time of the Battle Engineer change, and so as a newplayer build, i built the Mechanus Scion in there as more of a safeguard (before you could get one in Mastermaker, despite RM also just having very little for ranged variant Artificers)

At the moment I'm a bit unsure as to what to put for the Scion feat - as I personally run in Ethereal most days now; but for a first (or 3rd) life player has little reason to take Ethereal with low hide and the rogue past life active more than likely not available to them...

I'm tempted to say either Astral Plane or the safe bet of Arborea. Do you have a suggestion?

so im looking at your melee guide.

am i being stupid or do your stats not add up?

how do u start with a 20 int on a wf?
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    so im looking at your melee guide.

am i being stupid or do your stats not add up?

how do u start with a 20 int on a wf?
    No you're right to have questioned that! At the time I intially wrote this I factored in completionist without realizing! Not long after you must have written this however I've since clarified it

Default Inquisitive?

Hail and well met!

Any chance you could share your thoughts on throwing the new hot thing (inquisitive) into the mix?
    Is this viable? What tough choices do we face while pursuing the ridiculous inqui DPS?

Community Member

The only thing I don't like about Inq with an Arti is if you have the Rune Arm charged the second bow is pointed at your head lol.

Default RE: Inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by gott_ist_tot View Post
    Hail and well met!

Any chance you could share your thoughts on throwing the new hot thing (inquisitive) into the mix?
    Is this viable? What tough choices do we face while pursuing the ridiculous inqui DPS?
    Thanks for asking, absolutely. I've been working on mocking up an inquisitive "Artificer" and weighing the pros and cons of levels and splits. So as Inquisitive is a Universal tree, there really isn't a necessary reason to go pure. I'm going through heroics now on my normally-Arty main with the plan for a 15Art/4Rog/1Ftr, Human for plenty of feats, Improved Construct Essence, the Artificer Spells and high BAB to take IPS by 15 (as rogue kind of ruins the BAB by 15 bit). If the build works out and/or I can figure out what needs tweaking when I take it to cap, and I like it - I'll write it up and add it to the OP!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Inq with an Arti is if you have the Rune Arm charged the second bow is pointed at your head lol.
    Lol, yeah, visually it bothers me too. Wish the team would fix it, but I guess it's not high priority. I think I also might have heard its class/race specific?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12