Thread: 64 bits version

Default 64 bits version

With OSX High Sierra, Apple is completely switching to 64 bits and getting rid of all 32 bits apps. They still run but you get a warning they're old and about to become obsolete.

With the next version of OSX, it's possible 32 bits apps won't work anymore.

So, is there a 64 bit version of DDO in the making and when can we expect that?

Ugh. Having to boot up Parallels just to launch DDO would cut down on my game time.

Community Member

Default We can't play, please release 64bit client!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Virgonian View Post
    With OSX High Sierra, Apple is completely switching to 64 bits and getting rid of all 32 bits apps. They still run but you get a warning they're old and about to become obsolete.

With the next version of OSX, it's possible 32 bits apps won't work anymore.

So, is there a 64 bit version of DDO in the making and when can we expect that?

We can't play, please release 64bit client!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfircoo View Post
    We can't play, please release 64bit client!!!
    Canceling my subscription. I can no longer play and apparently they do not intend to make a 64 bit version.

Goodbye DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
    Canceling my subscription. I can no longer play and apparently they do not intend to make a 64 bit version.

Goodbye DDO!
    I still haven't upgraded to Catalina and the Wine client is (mostly) working. At some point a new Wine port will come out...hopefully...?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    I still haven't upgraded to Catalina and the Wine client is (mostly) working. At some point a new Wine port will come out...hopefully...?
    This is still mostly SSG's shutting the door on players. Many have to upgrade to Catalina.

Quote Originally Posted by jkalten View Post
    This is still mostly SSG's shutting the door on players. Many have to upgrade to Catalina.
    No good reason to upgrade to Catalina so far, on the contrary i would advice to hold out for now.

However if you buy a new mac now, it will come with Catalina installed and possibly no option to revert to Mojave.

Community Member

Crossover 19, (recent release) does NOW support a 32 bit windows client on a 64 bit host. Since Crossover uses Wine, I am guessing the latest version of Wine NOW supports this.

I just tested it (got the email from Crossover a half hour ago) and it does work now.