Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 64 bits version

  1. #1
    Community Member Virgonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    66

    Default 64 bits version

    With OSX High Sierra, Apple is completely switching to 64 bits and getting rid of all 32 bits apps. They still run but you get a warning they're old and about to become obsolete.

    With the next version of OSX, it's possible 32 bits apps won't work anymore.

    So, is there a 64 bit version of DDO in the making and when can we expect that?

  2. #2
    Community Member Tricosene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Athas
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Ugh. Having to boot up Parallels just to launch DDO would cut down on my game time.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default We can't play, please release 64bit client!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgonian View Post
    With OSX High Sierra, Apple is completely switching to 64 bits and getting rid of all 32 bits apps. They still run but you get a warning they're old and about to become obsolete.

    With the next version of OSX, it's possible 32 bits apps won't work anymore.

    So, is there a 64 bit version of DDO in the making and when can we expect that?



    We can't play, please release 64bit client!!!

  4. #4
    Community Member Jacoby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfircoo View Post
    We can't play, please release 64bit client!!!
    Canceling my subscription. I can no longer play and apparently they do not intend to make a 64 bit version.

    Goodbye DDO!

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
    Canceling my subscription. I can no longer play and apparently they do not intend to make a 64 bit version.

    Goodbye DDO!
    I still haven't upgraded to Catalina and the Wine client is (mostly) working. At some point a new Wine port will come out...hopefully...?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    I still haven't upgraded to Catalina and the Wine client is (mostly) working. At some point a new Wine port will come out...hopefully...?
    This is still mostly SSG's shutting the door on players. Many have to upgrade to Catalina.

  7. #7
    Community Member Virgonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jkalten View Post
    This is still mostly SSG's shutting the door on players. Many have to upgrade to Catalina.
    No good reason to upgrade to Catalina so far, on the contrary i would advice to hold out for now.

    However if you buy a new mac now, it will come with Catalina installed and possibly no option to revert to Mojave.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Crossover 19, (recent release) does NOW support a 32 bit windows client on a 64 bit host. Since Crossover uses Wine, I am guessing the latest version of Wine NOW supports this.

    I just tested it (got the email from Crossover a half hour ago) and it does work now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload