Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Piles of dirt and rubble after U38

After U38 went live I've noticed piles of dirt and rubble in various places that were never there before. Here's some in the House Kundarak crafting hall...

me too. I noticed some in certain quests that were never there before too.

also, I know the islands of rock piles in the water of Blighted you can fall through some of them and than get blighted from the water. made that quest more annoying than usual. the devs need to take some of those piles in random places and put it back in the quest so we don't fall through.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Many of the sewer-series of quests in the Harbor have those, as well. Many just jutting out into space from the alcoves along the side where the barrels live, and are left just kinda floating.
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Community Member

Noticed this in Cry for Help. Just random piles of dirt floating in the air by some of the furnaces.

Pretty funny that it's a widespread thing.

SSG CLEAN UP YOUR GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerio View Post
    After U38 went live I've noticed piles of dirt and rubble in various places that were never there before.
    Yup, found some in Wiz King the other day. This is quite strange. Honestly seems too random to be a bug.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown

SOMEONE TAKE A BROOM! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! AND kOBOLDS!
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Ummmm, riots and destruction all over stormreach due to the theft of the beacon?

perhaps someone or something is doing some excavating underneath stormreach... or perhaps its something worse.
    I'm Canniths Vileone, a 3x Completionist Heroic, Iconic & Epic ("Uber Completionist"). A collector of pets, and a seeker of treasure. If you need anything, help or just want to chat, send me a tell.

Community Member

Thumbs down Piles of dirt and rubble after U38.. WHY???

Thanks for posting… I was going to do the same.

WHY?

Why are these needed or in the Game?

Are they to make Time Bomb even harder to get working : (

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...58#post6082758

Community Manager

We'll have to dig into this. Perhaps a file name got swapped or something.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Oh Cordovan buddy don't do that. This is WAY cooler if it's the buildup to some sort of event. When you think of some of the events (Marketplace destruction, Mimics) that DDO has had in the past I am sure there is something you guys can come up with that would allow for an event that spans multiple dungeons AND public areas.

Give them a reason for being there... maybe Devil's are trying to break through, maybe it's umber hulks. Hell maybe it's a Tarasque pushing earth around. It's too bad nobody at your end didn't take the chances to "see if we can use this" for something. I understand that it's probably a swapped texture or model but still, it's been a LONG time since DDO had anything that drove players to wildly speculate on what the hell was going on in a good way.

You could also look at doing some thing interesting with the piles themselves, off the top of my head I can think of:

• Doing a certain emote has a chance to produce some sort of effect. Like maybe a beg or grovel (closest we have to pray) has a small chance of drawing you into another place (instance) where you meet either some avatar / demon. If your alignments match you get a small persistent blessing (+1 all skills, Saves and attack but typed so it stacks with everything). If they don't match then you either leave or "Prove yourself" where if you win you get say x2 that bonus but if you lose you get x2 as a penalty (that can't be dispelled) but with 1/2 duration.
    • Add a /dig emote and use them like the coin piles but you only have a % chance of finding anything and they only offer about 1/5 or what the coin piles currently offer but maybe with a "treasure map" you get a small chance of unearthing a chest. Give the chest normal loot for your level but make it a remnants chest that gives x2 remnants.
    • Some sort of zombie invasion event. I know we have mabar but maybe Strahd is no longer happy to have people just wander into his realm. Maybe he's making a push to draw more souls into the mist and has found a way for an army of dead to erupt in other lands and spread the mists or bring back people for him. zombies digging themselves out of one of these at random could be pretty interesting. Especially if it could happen in public instances!

At any rate I am sure SSG will find the issue and resolve it but man I wish this was part of something bigger to drive some excitement / discussion back into the game. Sure there will be the "usual's" that would complain but speaking as someone who wandered into the Marketplace on a level 6 or so toon back when it was trashed (hint, hint, someone who got killed A LOT in there so I swapped to a higher level toon and jumped into the fray) I miss the excited chatter and the fun of something completely random / unexpected / unusual happening.

So, you're going to dig into the piles of dirt is what you're telling us. Next you'll say you've discovered the root of the problem.

I like SilScout's idea, make it part of some underlying, impending upheaveal that's about to occur, awesome idea.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Oh Cordovan buddy don't do that. This is WAY cooler if it's the buildup to some sort of event. When you think of some of the events (Marketplace destruction, Mimics) that DDO has had in the past I am sure there is something you guys can come up with that would allow for an event that spans multiple dungeons AND public areas.
    Yea, I was all excited wondering what was going to happen. I admit that the piles in mid-air made me doubtful, but that kind of thing happens often enough in-game that it didn't completely discourage me.

corrected version:
    We'll have to dig into this & see what we can unearth. Perhaps a file name got blocked up or demo’d by an accidental attempt to dump garbage code during a cleanup.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    So, you're going to dig into the piles of dirt is what you're telling us. Next you'll say you've discovered the root of the problem.

I like SilScout's idea, make it part of some underlying, impending upheaveal that's about to occur, awesome idea.
    Ground tremors and piles of dirt work for many creatures. If not Tarrasque... which would obviously be the most awesome... maybe you could bring in a migration of Bulettes. I mean who hasn't had to fight a bulette in PnP and carve the creature open to retrieve the mangled, partially digested remains of at least one party member from its innards?! *raises hand*
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post

Hey, we did re-freeze that giant troll thing in Stopping the Sahaugin back on Korthos, maybe they really should have gotten some proper plumbers in to look at the pipes for that...?
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Perhaps everything is fine and some clan of earth eles just had a new litter of pups who have not started potty training? Ya. No code errors-just try not to step in the baby earth ele isht.
    "Unexplained noises are best left unexplained."
    -John Bellairs-

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Hey, we did re-freeze that giant troll thing in Stopping the Sahaugin back on Korthos, maybe they really should have gotten some proper plumbers in to look at the pipes for that...?
    You know, to this day I still wonder what that thing is.

But, yeah, I fell through the breakable floor in Crucible twice because a small section was visible but not physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post
    Perhaps everything is fine and some clan of earth eles just had a new litter of pups who have not started potty training? Ya. No code errors-just try not to step in the baby earth ele isht.
    Either that, or all the miniature purple worms got out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerio View Post
    After U38 went live I've noticed piles of dirt and rubble in various places that were never there before. Here's some in the House Kundarak crafting hall...
    I saw something that could have been this at a treeline in Stormhorns - looked like a flying saucer it was so high up.

I wish I took a screenshot - it was pretty funny.

Vallin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast