Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Since our still relatively new weekly Tuesday restarts have been...perhaps neither weekly nor on Tuesdays in recent weeks, I wanted to give a heads up that we will be doing a restart on Tuesday.
    given that tuesdays are further away from the weekend.. and the issues tend to be on weekends.. I was thinking would doing restarts LATER in the week.. say on thursdays perhaps reduce issues caused by increased traffic on the weekends? Or on the flip side doing one right AFTEr the weekend on tuesdays.. then one right BEFORE the weekend on say early friday etc. I only bring this up because it seems weekends is whenI've seen the most issues both myself and via posts.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I think this should be done on Monday mornings post weekend and Friday mornings pre-weekend. Cannith got really laggy recently
    Ya very similar to what i was thinking. Whatever the root cause is really seems to be tied to the increased traffic and the tuesday resarts seem to compound the issue being further away from peak traffic days.
    Last edited by caberonia; 04-30-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon

Default Why not restart on Mondays?

Everyone (read, majority of everyone...) hates Mondays anyway so why not double down and do restarts on Mondays? Just a thought...
    Khyberite

Since our still relatively new weekly Tuesday restarts have been...perhaps neither weekly nor on Tuesdays in recent weeks, I wanted to give a heads up that we will be doing a restart on Tuesday.
    Breaking boxes since 2011
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    Everyone (read, majority of everyone...) hates Mondays anyway so why not double down and do restarts on Mondays? Just a thought...
    Holidays - if there's a holiday where people have Monday off, they'd often like to play DDO. I mean, not everyone wants to play DDO on their day off, but if they're here on the forums, then there's a good chance that they will. So Tuesdays means fewer interruptions in service during prime play time.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

They use release notes?

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Followed by discoveries by players of changes that were not in the release notes..

"Life isn't just what YOU make of it...it's also what others make of it with you..."

Default Holidays are a non issue...

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Holidays - if there's a holiday where people have Monday off, they'd often like to play DDO. I mean, not everyone wants to play DDO on their day off, but if they're here on the forums, then there's a good chance that they will. So Tuesdays means fewer interruptions in service during prime play time.
    No one would be working at ddo (SSG...) on a holiday so it is a non issue...they would just do the restart the following Monday...next...
    Khyberite

No one would be working at ddo (SSG...) on a holiday so it is a non issue...they would just do the restart the following Monday...next...
    That's... that's not how this works at all.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    That's... that's not how this works at all.
    Explain...they say they are going to do restarts on Wednesdays and every third Wednesday they have a restart with random restarts mixed in on any giving weekday...now they say Tuesdays and the pattern continues...i say pick Mondays and when they continue to follow the same pattern and on the 7 Federal Holidays that fall on Mondays occur, only 3 of which the vast majority of people actually have off, they can skip those days...
    Khyberite

Community Member

Explain...they say they are going to do restarts on Wednesdays and every third Wednesday they have a restart with random restarts mixed in on any giving weekday...now they say Tuesdays and the pattern continues...i say pick Mondays and when they continue to follow the same pattern and on the 7 Federal Holidays that fall on Mondays occur, only 3 of which the vast majority of people actually have off, they can skip those days...
    I just want to know how long? Do you commit to the same schedule every week no matter what?
    Last edited by qren; 05-08-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

You guys should make restarts more fun where at the beginning of each week you roll a D7 to determine what day the restart will happen, and then a D24 to determine the hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    Khyber: Jobus (Shirardi), JaguarPaw (xbow user), Ungriem (tank), Helvetii (DaggerForged), Jobox (AA), Yaddle (DC Monk), Jobberwocky, Jobusz , Vrykolakes, Caeruleum, Brattypoppy, Taurielle (Bard AA), Romuluse, Glorfindela, Gwathali (Assassin), Rachaela

People would indeed be working on a holiday Monday there, though I expect it would be fewer than a non-Holiday Monday, most likely with more "on call" than normal.

Avoiding Monday's and Friday's is pretty standard in IT. Friday's are bad because typically staff are shorter on a weekend, your usage is higher on the weekend and you don't want to risk introducing an issue right before that.

Monday's are avoided for different reasons though. You typically are playing "catch up" from things that have happened over the weekend that didn't get done due to having less staff on board, also Monday's are often less productive than other days because people have been away and take a little longer to "spin up" or spend a little more time at coffee / visiting and catching up over the weekend. It's a bad day to pick to do a major change just because people aren't "on their game" the same as they are on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Both Monday and Friday have the potential to be "holiday days" which makes them bad choices. Finally when in a multinational environment, they have weekend "bleed" in them meaning that part of the Monday in the home timezone is still Sunday in others and Saturday starts in some timezones during the home timezone's Friday.

Tuesday is a better day IMHO than Wednesday so I am happy to see that it's back there. In general Tuesdays are the most productive days in IT so if something comes up they should be able to deal with it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by scipiojedi View Post
    You guys should make restarts more fun where at the beginning of each week you roll a D7 to determine what day the restart will happen, and then a D24 to determine the hour.
    +1 LOL there is something about letting the dice decide that appeals to me.

I forgot all about this. Not something I need to remember given it's 11:30 p.m. here when it starts.

So I was a bit confused when I found all the servers were down. Then I remembered. Then I thought, communication would have prevented me from the unnecessary step of logging in.

So here's my usual prove me wrong statement.

Actually, why bother. They never listen. Far too proud to implement something unless they think of it first. A bit like metric and the U.S.A.

Community Member

Unhappy Update

So after the server update this morning my Mother is having issues logging in. When she attempts to, it tells her there is an issue with username/password but it is the same as always, nothing has changed. We attempted a forgot password to reset and bypass issue but it is not sending the emails with the steps to follow to reset her password.

Is this a known issue? We've already sent communication on the issue to standing stones but...this is a bit odd considering she was logged in yesterday without issue and suddenly today it can't locate her or send instructions.

Default How about a 24 hr notice?

Is a 24 hr notice too much to ask for? At least if it is going to be a "restart" which takes less than an hour or "maintenance" which is usually around 3 hrs. Or even at the end of the day Monday say yes we are doing our scheduled whatever or no we will not be doing it tomorrow.This is a business right? Hours of operation are helpful to customers...
    Last edited by OrodelaSol; 06-05-2018 at 04:10 AM. Reason: typos...
    Khyberite

Is a 24 hr notice too much to ask for? At least if it is going to be a "restart" which takes less than an hour or "maintenance" which is usually around 3 hrs. Or even at the end of the day Monday say yes we are doing our scheduled whatever or no we will not be doing it tomorrow.This is a business right? Hours of operation are helpful to customers...
    We got a 36 day notice. I'm glad to rag on SSG when they screw up, but can't really complain when they say that they're going to have a weekly maintenance on Tuesday mornings and then they have a weekly maintenance on a Tuesday morning.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

...they have done 2 consecutive restarts...just asking for confirmation until it is a for sure thing that way can plan ahead...very simple. just going from their past performance.
    Khyberite

Yay worlds are up! tyvm SSG for the super fast restart.
    Khyberite

Community Member

Default Amenity on Ship not working?

Buffs not working on ships?

Community Member

Default yup worlds up!

and my guild ship is all empty below decks now..... how awesome is that!
    I was checking out threads during the down time, how sad it is that a main topic of customer service is still around, I gave up on the forms years ago, it was all bash bash bash, and talkn trash to front line techs that are just trying to do what they can. I have been a VIP for a loooooong loooong time, I have put a small cars worth of money into the system via monthly free and t-points in the store.... I stopped caring about the game content and loot tables long ago also, LMAO especially when I played feed the filigree with my old MUST HAVE gear LMAO just a few short weeks ago...... so we can all bash bash on the thread bash bash cycles or just deal with the fact $&#% happens..... I only keep playing because I have run with some very cool peeps out there, and look forward to doing some more.....

well after I get my boat buffs.... lol..... man I remember a buncha bashn because +3 tomes got brought in hahahahahahahahahahaah ahhhhh the good ol days

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast