Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Please fix the rubber-banding issue that's been going on in Khyber since the 4 day server move when you do the weekly restart today. The lag and glitching is driving us all nuts

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    Please fix the rubber-banding issue that's been going on in Khyber since the 4 day server move when you do the weekly restart today. The lag and glitching is driving us all nuts
    I REALLY couldn't resist (don't ban me):

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Hey, you've got a steering wheel on your pants."

The pirate says, "Arrrr, I know. It's driving me nuts."

Can we not please pick a day to do the weekly restart, and stick with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    Can we not please pick a day to do the weekly restart, and stick with it ?
    There wasn't a restart because there is going to be an update this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    There wasn't a restart because there is going to be an update this week.
    Source? not that I don't believe you, it's just that I couldn't find anything anywhere about this.

If it's this week - why wasn't there an announcement about it already? Am I supposed to telepathically find out?

I'm guessing the update is for the Sharn pre-purchase stuff. Back in February SSG promised it would be available to pre-purchase in "March", and there was no information afterwards. Even from a business standpoint, I'd imagine announcing when you can buy it is something you would want to do, and not just drop it on the player's heads.

And if it's not going to be in March, can SSG just say so already? I honestly don't understand the radio silence about all of this.
    If you are seeing this the chance of there being a pony reaction gif up above is 73.42619%. In case there is none, please notify me and I will deliver a pastel colored equine to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureDown View Post
    If you are seeing this the chance of there being a pony reaction gif up above is 73.42619%. In case there is none, please notify me and I will deliver a pastel colored equine to this thread.
    No pony

Last Weds on twitch, Cordo was asked abt them saying March for sharn. He kinda laughed, but didn't answer either way, if I recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I think this should be done on Monday mornings post weekend and Friday mornings pre-weekend. Cannith got really laggy recently
    pick a day for lag... PFEH! thumbs down with multi-quote. thumbs down with MMORPG on this.
    Last edited by Cybersquirt; 03-27-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Community Member

Servers now down?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper1 View Post
    Servers now down?
    Yeah they went down at 14:00 (BST)

Which is 30 minutes before they were supposed to.....
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper1 View Post
    Servers now down?
    yes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Yeah they went down at 14:00 (BST)

Which is 30 minutes before they were supposed to.....

Its my bad, i posted in "General forum" about constant rubber-band for me (and mobs too! they move with "jumps", like they are updated every 1 second). And they took servers down..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will restart the game worlds every Tuesday at 9:30 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) to promote the health of the game environment. Thank you for your patience. The downtime will typically last for about an hour.
    It be 9.32 by world clock - and I don't be seeing DDO.

How patient do we have to be 5 or maybe 10 minutes ?

Tenzing Gyatso (Orien)
    By the way my Oremi's Ring is still not working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by lion_mouse View Post
    It be 9.32 by world clock - and I don't be seeing DDO.

How patient do we have to be 5 or maybe 10 minutes ?

Tenzing Gyatso (Orien)
    By the way my Oremi's Ring is still not working properly.
    The servers just went down at 0900 Eastern this morning, which was about 45 minutes ago. They are typically down for at least an hour, sometimes a couple. So it will likely be another 15 minutes (at least) or an hour until they are back. It's different every time.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    The servers just went down at 0900 Eastern this morning, which was about 45 minutes ago. They are typically down for at least an hour, sometimes a couple. So it will likely be another 15 minutes (at least) or an hour until they are back. It's different every time.
    But Garix like 5 or so posts up said it was down 30min early

Community Member

By the way thanks to the dev's that fixed the annoying problem where if bladeforged monks jumped and attacked you got shunted down about 3 feet - which meant you could be under ground before you pop back up.

Tenzing Gyatso

His post was from last week.

But yes, as I mentioned, they went down at 0900 instead of 0930, and they typically take an hour (or two) to come back up. Hopefully not much longer.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Default Nearly finished

I see they have adjusted the mats needed for crafting in sharn, but is it correct that if i add a nearly finished crafted intel to my item i only get +1 at lv 29? because this is what its saying.

Community Member

Can we adjust this title and original post to note that the servers are coming down at 9 instead of 9:30, since this is the second week now that is the case (assuming that is now the new normal)? It's less than helpful to check the forums to find out the service news and not have it be accurate. It might also be a good idea to lock the previous thread that had the weekly restarts on Weds (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-on-Wednesday) and note in the lock post that it is now Tuesdays with a link to this thread, because people do find things using the search tool as well.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    Can we adjust this title and original post to note that the servers are coming down at 9 instead of 9:30, since this is the second week now that is the case (assuming that is now the new normal)? It's less than helpful to check the forums to find out the service news and not have it be accurate. It might also be a good idea to lock the previous thread that had the weekly restarts on Weds (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-on-Wednesday) and note in the lock post that it is now Tuesdays with a link to this thread, because people do find things using the search tool as well.
    Agreed !!! My suggestions are :

Delete the thread that says Wednesday Downtime.

Delete this thread as well, since in different places on this post, a Dev has changed the downtime day or time.

Start a brand new sticky thread saying when the downtimes will be, and turn off commenting so messages from devs don't get lost.

No offense, but the sticky posts made by devs in different areas of the forums have gotten to be muddled, out of date, and sometimes now inaccurate. It's almost as though they are hoarding their old posts. People also get upset if you 'necro' a post older than a year old, as they say information in them is redundant, out of date, or repeated elsewhere with newer info. I'd love for someone to go through and delete any and all posts that are like this, in order to clean up the forums, and make it so when you search on here or through google, you are only getting results that matter and are not out of date info. I'm sure a couple of the regulars on here would love the chance to do this

Community Manager

We will not be doing our regular weekly world restart tomorrow (Tuesday, June 4th), but will instead do a restart later in the week.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast