Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 220
  1. #181
    Community Member mistress_minx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Please fix the rubber-banding issue that's been going on in Khyber since the 4 day server move when you do the weekly restart today. The lag and glitching is driving us all nuts

  2. #182
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    Please fix the rubber-banding issue that's been going on in Khyber since the 4 day server move when you do the weekly restart today. The lag and glitching is driving us all nuts
    I REALLY couldn't resist (don't ban me):

    A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Hey, you've got a steering wheel on your pants."

    The pirate says, "Arrrr, I know. It's driving me nuts."

  3. #183
    Community Member mistress_minx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Can we not please pick a day to do the weekly restart, and stick with it ?

  4. #184
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    Can we not please pick a day to do the weekly restart, and stick with it ?
    There wasn't a restart because there is going to be an update this week.

  5. #185
    Community Member YoureDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    There wasn't a restart because there is going to be an update this week.
    Source? not that I don't believe you, it's just that I couldn't find anything anywhere about this.

    If it's this week - why wasn't there an announcement about it already? Am I supposed to telepathically find out?

    I'm guessing the update is for the Sharn pre-purchase stuff. Back in February SSG promised it would be available to pre-purchase in "March", and there was no information afterwards. Even from a business standpoint, I'd imagine announcing when you can buy it is something you would want to do, and not just drop it on the player's heads.

    And if it's not going to be in March, can SSG just say so already? I honestly don't understand the radio silence about all of this.
    If you are seeing this the chance of there being a pony reaction gif up above is 73.42619%. In case there is none, please notify me and I will deliver a pastel colored equine to this thread.

  6. #186
    Community Member mistress_minx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoureDown View Post
    If you are seeing this the chance of there being a pony reaction gif up above is 73.42619%. In case there is none, please notify me and I will deliver a pastel colored equine to this thread.
    No pony

    Last Weds on twitch, Cordo was asked abt them saying March for sharn. He kinda laughed, but didn't answer either way, if I recall correctly

  7. #187
    Community Member Cybersquirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I think this should be done on Monday mornings post weekend and Friday mornings pre-weekend. Cannith got really laggy recently
    pick a day for lag... PFEH! thumbs down with multi-quote. thumbs down with MMORPG on this.
    Last edited by Cybersquirt; 03-27-2019 at 04:42 AM.

  8. #188
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Servers now down?

  9. #189
    Community Member Garix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisper1 View Post
    Servers now down?
    Yeah they went down at 14:00 (BST)

    Which is 30 minutes before they were supposed to.....
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

  10. #190
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisper1 View Post
    Servers now down?
    yes

  11. #191
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Yeah they went down at 14:00 (BST)

    Which is 30 minutes before they were supposed to.....

    Its my bad, i posted in "General forum" about constant rubber-band for me (and mobs too! they move with "jumps", like they are updated every 1 second). And they took servers down..

  12. #192
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will restart the game worlds every Tuesday at 9:30 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) to promote the health of the game environment. Thank you for your patience. The downtime will typically last for about an hour.
    It be 9.32 by world clock - and I don't be seeing DDO.

    How patient do we have to be 5 or maybe 10 minutes ?

    Tenzing Gyatso (Orien)
    By the way my Oremi's Ring is still not working properly.

  13. #193
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lion_mouse View Post
    It be 9.32 by world clock - and I don't be seeing DDO.

    How patient do we have to be 5 or maybe 10 minutes ?

    Tenzing Gyatso (Orien)
    By the way my Oremi's Ring is still not working properly.
    The servers just went down at 0900 Eastern this morning, which was about 45 minutes ago. They are typically down for at least an hour, sometimes a couple. So it will likely be another 15 minutes (at least) or an hour until they are back. It's different every time.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  14. #194
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    The servers just went down at 0900 Eastern this morning, which was about 45 minutes ago. They are typically down for at least an hour, sometimes a couple. So it will likely be another 15 minutes (at least) or an hour until they are back. It's different every time.
    But Garix like 5 or so posts up said it was down 30min early

  15. #195
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lion_mouse View Post
    But Garix like 5 or so posts up said it was down 30min early
    By the way thanks to the dev's that fixed the annoying problem where if bladeforged monks jumped and attacked you got shunted down about 3 feet - which meant you could be under ground before you pop back up.

    Tenzing Gyatso

  16. #196
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lion_mouse View Post
    But Garix like 5 or so posts up said it was down 30min early
    His post was from last week.

    But yes, as I mentioned, they went down at 0900 instead of 0930, and they typically take an hour (or two) to come back up. Hopefully not much longer.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  17. #197
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default Nearly finished

    I see they have adjusted the mats needed for crafting in sharn, but is it correct that if i add a nearly finished crafted intel to my item i only get +1 at lv 29? because this is what its saying.

  18. #198
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,621

    Default

    Can we adjust this title and original post to note that the servers are coming down at 9 instead of 9:30, since this is the second week now that is the case (assuming that is now the new normal)? It's less than helpful to check the forums to find out the service news and not have it be accurate. It might also be a good idea to lock the previous thread that had the weekly restarts on Weds (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-on-Wednesday) and note in the lock post that it is now Tuesdays with a link to this thread, because people do find things using the search tool as well.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)


    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

  19. #199
    Community Member mistress_minx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    Can we adjust this title and original post to note that the servers are coming down at 9 instead of 9:30, since this is the second week now that is the case (assuming that is now the new normal)? It's less than helpful to check the forums to find out the service news and not have it be accurate. It might also be a good idea to lock the previous thread that had the weekly restarts on Weds (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-on-Wednesday) and note in the lock post that it is now Tuesdays with a link to this thread, because people do find things using the search tool as well.
    Agreed !!! My suggestions are :

    Delete the thread that says Wednesday Downtime.

    Delete this thread as well, since in different places on this post, a Dev has changed the downtime day or time.

    Start a brand new sticky thread saying when the downtimes will be, and turn off commenting so messages from devs don't get lost.

    No offense, but the sticky posts made by devs in different areas of the forums have gotten to be muddled, out of date, and sometimes now inaccurate. It's almost as though they are hoarding their old posts. People also get upset if you 'necro' a post older than a year old, as they say information in them is redundant, out of date, or repeated elsewhere with newer info. I'd love for someone to go through and delete any and all posts that are like this, in order to clean up the forums, and make it so when you search on here or through google, you are only getting results that matter and are not out of date info. I'm sure a couple of the regulars on here would love the chance to do this

  20. #200
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    26,721

    Default

    We will not be doing our regular weekly world restart tomorrow (Tuesday, June 4th), but will instead do a restart later in the week.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload