Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Community Member

If we are going cat people, Tabaxi are awesome. + Dex, secondary + charisma (because we really don't have enough Charisma races...) Would love to see their sprint ability in action. Claws also nice.

Quote Originally Posted by zanshinoftyr View Post
    If we are going cat people, Tabaxi are awesome. + Dex, secondary + charisma (because we really don't have enough Charisma races...) Would love to see their sprint ability in action. Claws also nice.

I would put my claw (caugh) signature under that, aswell.

Default we should have the KENKU or thri kreen

why not introduce something trully one of a kind and an original race instead of a re skin of existing ones? with new technology and proof of concept that they can handle things like tails and odd body shapes...they could create the Kenku or Thri Kreen race and add some real flavor to the game. thri kreen are actually mentioned briefly in the game as existing in ebberon"also in feyrun", and kenku exist within feyrun worldscape

Last edited by dante2465; 09-10-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    Dante2465 "AKA" Xdante Wrathbone

Quote Originally Posted by dante2465 View Post
    why not introduce something trully one of a kind and an original race instead of a re skin of existing ones? with new technology and proof of concept that they can handle things like tails and odd body shapes...they could create the Kenku or Thri Kreen race and add some real flavor to the game. thri kreen are actually mentioned briefly in the game as existing in ebberon"also in feyrun", and kenku exist within feyrun worldscape

Both of those are solid choices even if not as charismatic as Rakshasa.

Default Half drow

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    This list is updated from some data gathered by a poll I ran a while back prior to the introduction of Dragonborn, Gnome and Deep Gnome.

1 - Thri-Kreen
    2 - Tiefling (Made more dark and aesthetically pleasing in appearance)
    3 - Kobold
    4 - Catfolk or Tabaxi
    5 - Genasi
    6 - Goliath
    7 - Kenku
    8 - Triton
    9 - Yuan-Ti
    10 - Eladrin (Ghaele + Bralani)
    11 - Changelings
    12 - Quorforged
    13 - Inspired
    14 - Duergar
    15 - Arcanaloth/Nycaloth/Mezzoloth/Ultroloth

Personally, I feel a Tiefling Iconic with Intelligence to hit and damage on their racial enhancement tree would be awesome, call it infernal cunning!
    Half Drow would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    I would put my claw (caugh) signature under that, aswell.

I would like to see the Shifters add to DDO.

Community Member

Shifter and Kalashtar, being in the original Eberron setting were my greatest disappointment at being absent when I first picked up DDO.

I can understand Kalashtar not being represented without Psionics. (so if Psionics is a never-to-be-done, I can understand it)

Though genuinely this class/race combo would probably be the most excited I could ever get about a new race/class implementation. I'd go nuts for it!

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seldarin_Elthamaril View Post
    Shifter and Kalashtar, being in the original Eberron setting were my greatest disappointment at being absent when I first picked up DDO.

I can understand Kalashtar not being represented without Psionics. (so if Psionics is a never-to-be-done, I can understand it)

Though genuinely this class/race combo would probably be the most excited I could ever get about a new race/class implementation. I'd go nuts for it!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psioni...s_%26_Dragons)

Well you could create a theory club on the forums

The basis of the club could be: "Psionics will come to DDO, let's create theories on how it will function"

If you run the club based on a stubborn belief that such will happen and ignore all indications from the developers that it won't happen, you may come up with a balanced solution that is good enough to convince the devs to make Psionics in DDO.

4th edition Monks did use Psionic power, and we do see that kind of thing in DDO with the DDO monk class. Psionics could work quite differently, like a power move in a video game that you can only use when a rather unstable meter is at max at the same split seconds you press the button/combo to activate such. Though for some Psionic powers they'd have to rework entire quests as to give such function, for example some functions would include additional options for optionals where diplomacy, intimidation, haggle, and bluff would normally be, or perhaps these abilities would be significantly enhanced.

Just create your team, call it "The Stubborn Psionics Theory-crafting Club" and when you achieve your goal, just change it to "Stubborn Theory-Crafting Club" and make sure to update your agenda from time to time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234