Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Last edited by Kutalp; 08-29-2019 at 02:16 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Grumpy Humanoid Rogue/Never gone give you up

Community Member

If we are going cat people, Tabaxi are awesome. + Dex, secondary + charisma (because we really don't have enough Charisma races...) Would love to see their sprint ability in action. Claws also nice.

Quote Originally Posted by zanshinoftyr View Post
    If we are going cat people, Tabaxi are awesome. + Dex, secondary + charisma (because we really don't have enough Charisma races...) Would love to see their sprint ability in action. Claws also nice.

I would put my claw (caugh) signature under that, aswell.

Default we should have the KENKU or thri kreen

why not introduce something trully one of a kind and an original race instead of a re skin of existing ones? with new technology and proof of concept that they can handle things like tails and odd body shapes...they could create the Kenku or Thri Kreen race and add some real flavor to the game. thri kreen are actually mentioned briefly in the game as existing in ebberon"also in feyrun", and kenku exist within feyrun worldscape

Last edited by dante2465; 09-10-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    Dante2465 "AKA" Xdante Wrathbone

Quote Originally Posted by dante2465 View Post
    why not introduce something trully one of a kind and an original race instead of a re skin of existing ones? with new technology and proof of concept that they can handle things like tails and odd body shapes...they could create the Kenku or Thri Kreen race and add some real flavor to the game. thri kreen are actually mentioned briefly in the game as existing in ebberon"also in feyrun", and kenku exist within feyrun worldscape

Both of those are solid choices.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 12-18-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Default Half drow

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    This list is updated from some data gathered by a poll I ran a while back prior to the introduction of Dragonborn, Gnome and Deep Gnome.

1 - Thri-Kreen
    2 - Tiefling (Made more dark and aesthetically pleasing in appearance)
    3 - Kobold
    4 - Catfolk or Tabaxi
    5 - Genasi
    6 - Goliath
    7 - Kenku
    8 - Triton
    9 - Yuan-Ti
    10 - Eladrin (Ghaele + Bralani)
    11 - Changelings
    12 - Quorforged
    13 - Inspired
    14 - Duergar
    15 - Arcanaloth/Nycaloth/Mezzoloth/Ultroloth

Personally, I feel a Tiefling Iconic with Intelligence to hit and damage on their racial enhancement tree would be awesome, call it infernal cunning!
    Half Drow would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    I would put my claw (caugh) signature under that, aswell.

I would like to see the Shifters add to DDO.

Community Member

Shifter and Kalashtar, being in the original Eberron setting were my greatest disappointment at being absent when I first picked up DDO.

I can understand Kalashtar not being represented without Psionics. (so if Psionics is a never-to-be-done, I can understand it)

Though genuinely this class/race combo would probably be the most excited I could ever get about a new race/class implementation. I'd go nuts for it!

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seldarin_Elthamaril View Post
    Shifter and Kalashtar, being in the original Eberron setting were my greatest disappointment at being absent when I first picked up DDO.

I can understand Kalashtar not being represented without Psionics. (so if Psionics is a never-to-be-done, I can understand it)

Though genuinely this class/race combo would probably be the most excited I could ever get about a new race/class implementation. I'd go nuts for it!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psioni...s_%26_Dragons)

Well you could create a theory club on the forums

The basis of the club could be: "Psionics will come to DDO, let's create theories on how it will function"

If you run the club based on a stubborn belief that such will happen and ignore all indications from the developers that it won't happen, you may come up with a balanced solution that is good enough to convince the devs to make Psionics in DDO.

4th edition Monks did use Psionic power, and we do see that kind of thing in DDO with the DDO monk class. Psionics could work quite differently, like a power move in a video game that you can only use when a rather unstable meter is at max at the same split seconds you press the button/combo to activate such. Though for some Psionic powers they'd have to rework entire quests as to give such function, for example some functions would include additional options for optionals where diplomacy, intimidation, haggle, and bluff would normally be, or perhaps these abilities would be significantly enhanced.

Just create your team, call it "The Stubborn Psionics Theory-crafting Club" and when you achieve your goal, just change it to "Stubborn Theory-Crafting Club" and make sure to update your agenda from time to time.

This probably isn't a popular opinion, considering how some people seem to feel about the small folk, but I'd like to see an iconic Strongheart halfling. An iconic Duergar would be cool, too.

Edit 7 Dec:
    Recently did an epic reincarnation on my mechanic rogue, who will be an inquisitive mechanic next life, and decided to try out inquisitive before I reincarnated. Now, having played with inquisitive, even more do we need kobald added so we can say, "I'm a double-barreled kobald. I'm a kobald on the edge!"
    Last edited by Rauven; 12-07-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Default Minotaur Race with ability to dual wield 2handed weapons!!!!!

can dual wield 2handed weapons that other races cant or a melee that uses fist brawler type.

Quote Originally Posted by d1l2pagal View Post
    can dual wield 2handed weapons that other races cant or a melee that uses fist brawler type.

The devs would have to make playing a melee fun again.
    And fix 2hf, its the weakest melee playstyle at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Rakshasa
    Medium fiend, lawful evil

Armor Class 16 (Natural Armor)
    Hit Points 110 (13d8 + 52)
    Speed 40 ft.

STR
    14 (+2)
    DEX
    17 (+3)
    CON
    18 (+4)
    INT
    13 (+1)
    WIS
    16 (+3)
    CHA
    20 (+5)

Skills Deception +10, Insight +8
    Damage Vulnerabilities Piercing from Magic Weapons Wielded by Good Creatures
    Damage Immunities Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing from Nonmagical Attacks
    Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 13
    Languages Common, Infernal
    Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)

Limited Magic Immunity. The rakshasa can't be affected or detected by spells of 6th level or lower unless it wishes to be. It has advantage on saving throws against all other spells and magical effects.

Innate Spellcasting. The rakshasa's innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 18, +10 to hit with spell attacks). The rakshasa can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:

At will: detect thoughts, disguise self, mage hand, minor illusion

3/day each: charm person, detect magic, invisibility, major image, suggestion

1/day each: dominate person, fly, plane shift, true seeing

Actions
    Multiattack. The rakshasa makes two claw attacks.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) slashing damage, and the target is cursed if it is a creature. The magical curse takes effect whenever the target takes a short or long rest, filling the target's thoughts with horrible images and dreams. The cursed target gains no benefit from finishing a short or long rest. The curse lasts until it is lifted by a remove curse spell or similar magic.

Rakshasas were a type of evil outsider from the lawful evil regions of the Outer Planes, though most lived on the Material Plane. They were powerful sorcerers and, although they disdained physical fighting as ignoble, could be dangerous in close combat as well.

A rakshasa could assume any humanoid form, so few ever saw their true faces. In its natural form, a rakshasa had a humanoid body and a tiger's head. Another physical characteristic of the rakshasa was that its hands were backwards: the palms faced out from the body when the arms were at rest. Rakshasas were capable of hiding their disturbing appearance at any time, as they could choose any humanoid form at will. Although most rakshasas had the head of a tiger, others were known to have the heads of other animals, such as apes. Rakshasas of higher standing were rumored to to possess multiple heads, each a different type of animal.

Rakshasas were cruel and wicked. They loved to pose as nobility, living a life of luxury and ease to hide their habit of devouring humanoid flesh and their evil schemes.

Subraces

Ak'chazar

These rakshasas had the heads of white tigers and were skinnier than the common breed. They were unusually powerful spellcasters and specialized in necromantic magic. To use their necromantic powers to their full potential, the ak'chazar rakshasas often used graveyards or old battlefields as their headquarters. When working on one of their dark schemes, they often let their undead do the physical work while they stayed behind the scenes themselves.

Naityan

These rakshasas were shapeshifters with the ability to utilize different supernatural combat styles based on their current forms.

Naztharune

Naztharune rakshasas had the heads of black tigers and were covered in black fur. They had few magical powers but compensated by being strong fighters, specializing in assassination. They lacked most rakshasas' need to be the leader of any organization that they were part of, often working for other rakshasas.

Tieflings

Tieflings who had cat eyes were descended from rakshasas, as were some of those who had fur.

Rakshasas were thought to have originated as the result of a ritual conducted by devils from the Nine Hells in an attempt to acquire the ability to travel to the Material Plane.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 12-18-2019 at 08:56 PM.

I thought kobold was already the consensus for next race?

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fao3B7XEF0

Last edited by Kutalp; 12-20-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    This list is updated from some data gathered by a poll I ran a while back prior to the introduction of Dragonborn, Gnome and Deep Gnome.

1 - Kobold
    2 - Kobold

3 - Kobold
    4 - Kobold
    5 - Kobold
    6 - Kobold
    7 - Kobold
    8 - Kobold
    9 - Kobold
    10 - Kobold
    11 - Kobold
    12 - Kobold
    13 - Kobold
    14 - Kobold
    15 - Kobold
    Fixed it for you!

-Ozmar the Kobold
    I can has no signature. Alas!

Community Member

Kobold for sure. We already have Kobold NPC's and a good head start on the animations. It just makes sense. I've wanted to be a Kobold Favored Soul for years.

In terms of racial options that should be easy but are constrained due to content limitations I'd really like Sun Elves. The problem is that there is no low level content on that side of the rift. Licensing, sigh.

Default Boredom and jokes

Human Commoner ,Geek/Nerd DDO player race. ( I would buy )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast