Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

instead of a duergar, I would love a dwarven kludjargh iconic. it would have nice bonuses to dwarven waraxes, as kludjargh is dwarvish for "axe idiot". the update could also have new named dwarven waraxes to give an overlooked weapon some love.

Quote Originally Posted by leesun View Post
    instead of a duergar, I would love a dwarven kludjargh iconic. it would have nice bonuses to dwarven waraxes, as kludjargh is dwarvish for "axe idiot". the update could also have new named dwarven waraxes to give an overlooked weapon some love.
    dwarven kludjargh: 0 results found on google.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    dwarven kludjargh: 0 results found on google.
    I think he's referring to: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Battlerager

You'll find them pretty common in thunderholme, up to and including the raid, where they're called kuldjargh.
    Selvera: Half elf Bard 14/Barb 2/Fighter 2; Just having a bit of swash fun with a heroic life.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 16; Just a pastlife for an alt

(Iconic) Dwarven Battlerager - Barbarian class
    (Iconic) Metallic Dragonborn - Sorceror class
    (Heroic) Genasi
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Heroic Race - Tiefling
    Heroic Class - Psion

Iconic Race - Deurgar Dwarf
    Iconic Class - Shadowcaster

Githzerai
    Bov kin Skoddryl -- The Lowers Guild

We're getting pretty due for a strength based race.

Half giant
    ogre
    full orc
    goliath
    Minotaur
    Selvera: Half elf Bard 14/Barb 2/Fighter 2; Just having a bit of swash fun with a heroic life.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 16; Just a pastlife for an alt

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    You said new races are inevitable? I'm not sure where you got to that conclusion; but if it must be that way I think I'll pick the Kolyarut.

The Kolyarut is the only inevitable that's medium sized and use weapons and armor; which would make them the easiest inevitable for the devs to incorperate into the game as a player race. They do maticulous planning before a mission, which fits well with DDO players, and Enervation Ray could be fun to play around with.
    I was ignorant of what a Kolyarut was and that piqued my curiosity and upon reading this: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...able-kolyarut/

I'd have to say, I see the appeal in such, especially with the new upcoming inquisitor tree and the rather interesting artificer synergy between the two.

Anyhow, thanks for prompting that, that was certainly interesting enough to bring me some satisfaction.

Community Member

Default Aarakocra or Yuan-Ti

I find the concept of adding Aarakocra very interesting. Adding a race with a flying speed might be difficult, however if a height limit was set, very possible. It would (literally) add a third dimension to party strategy, and prove extremely useful in many other situations. I can of course see several problems with this, seeing as it would be... too useful in some dungeons; this could be fixed by instead of actually having flying, giving aarakocra a double jump ability and permanent feather fall
    This would also greatly simplify flying animations. I imagine the double jump to be like a beat of the wings in mid air, after which they would be spread and the character would glide down.

Yuan ti would of course also be a rather challenging addition, however I think they could be added into the game more or less seamlessly. The race poses several challenges too, of course, such as animations for climbing stairs. However, they would probably be very fun to play, and I am sure something unique can be done with the stats owing to their serpentine ancestry...(+2 STR +2 DEX -1 CON -1 CHA?)

Half giant
    ogre
    full orc
    goliath
    Minotaur
    +++ for that. We are lacking some STR rpl. But I would aim for more common races such as Gold Dwarfs , Yuan-ti purebloods and gray orcs. Sadly none of those looks much STR based but could fit as Dragonborns are the most ideal for ST but went for CHA.

Ps.: We also could trade ogre, goliath and minotaur for their half variations.
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 04-17-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Goliath!
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member

Minotaur would be ace! But the game leans heavily into humanoid characters and Dragonborn already have enough issues.

Community Member

Race: Shield Dwarf

Iconic: Dwarven Defender or Battlerager

Duergar, Duergar, Duergar and Duergar.
    AoK

Community Member

Well, since new races are Inevitable, I'd probably pick Kolyarut.

Really, I'd love a few more racial variants. Warforged Scout, Dragontouched races (Silverbrow Humans, Shimmerskins...), Duergar.

I know they're supposed to be riders, but since we don't have mounts in DDO, an iconic Talenta Plains Halfling Druid that transforms into a dinosaur instead of a wolf would be awesome.

Half giant
    ogre
    full orc
    goliath
    Minotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    +++ for that. We are lacking some STR rpl. But I would aim for more common races such as Gold Dwarfs , Yuan-ti purebloods and gray orcs. Sadly none of those looks much STR based but could fit as Dragonborns are the most ideal for ST but went for CHA.

Ps.: We also could trade ogre, goliath and minotaur for their half variations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandern_Marn View Post
    Goliath!
    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    Race: Shield Dwarf

Iconic: Dwarven Defender or Battlerager
    +1

Yeah, a good str based race, the only pdecent pure str one we have is horc ......

And an iconic dwarven battle rager anyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

I would like to see Shifters in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    Rakshasa.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast