Community Member

Default Auto-increase XP on Underplayed Quests/Raids Based on Moving Average of Plays/Time

Automatically increase the base xp on underplayed/neglected quests and raids based on a comparative moving average of #Plays/Time (e.g., [#plays over the past two weeks for the top 25 or all quests] vs. [#plays over the past two weeks for *this* quest]).

This should only *add* a percentage to the base xp of underplayed quests.

List updated (base + variety bonus) xp in the quest favor panel.

Upside:
    Encourage variety of quests/raids.

Possible Downside:
    Encourage players to put up with some poor content. This might be remedied with written feedback.

I'm unsure if there's a way for the game to track how often particular quests are played, but I like this idea.

Another option would be for the devs to manually give a +25% XP bonus to certain quests or expansion packs for a few days at a time.

For example, they'd announce something like "featured quest of the weekend" Tangleroot Gorge! 25% XP bonus for the weekend! Don't have it? It's 20% off in the DDO Store! That might increase some revenue for DDO as well. Maybe they could highlight a full adventure pack like that one weekend per month, and the other weekends might have an individual free-to-play quest with bonus XP. (That might be the only way to get me to run through Swiped Signet. lol)
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    I'm unsure if there's a way for the game to track how often particular quests are played, but I like this idea.

Another option would be for the devs to manually give a +25% XP bonus to certain quests or expansion packs for a few days at a time.

For example, they'd announce something like "featured quest of the weekend" Tangleroot Gorge! 25% XP bonus for the weekend! Don't have it? It's 20% off in the DDO Store! That might increase some revenue for DDO as well. Maybe they could highlight a full adventure pack like that one weekend per month, and the other weekends might have an individual free-to-play quest with bonus XP. (That might be the only way to get me to run through Swiped Signet. lol)
    Those are good ideas.

They should do them alongside what is in the OP.