Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default U38 Preview 2 Release Notes

Welcome to the U38 Content Preview! We expect Lamannia to be open in the next hour or so. In the meantime we're putting out all the release notes while we work to open up the server. This preview is expected to run through Thursday March 29th. There will be a Dev event where Kookie Kobold and I will be available to run content with you and answer questions live on Wednesday evening from 8-10PM Eastern.

We would love your feedback to everything in this preview to be placed here in the Lamannia section of the forums and to submit any bug reports through the usual means at this link.

NOTE:
    This color means a that this thing was not in the first preview.
    This color means that this thing was in the first preview.

Without further rambling here are the U38 Content Preview Release Notes:

Features Threads

Combat

• Character Dual-Wielding weapons will now do their full normal damage while moving.
    • Reaper Memento abilities are now less likely to go on cooldown without actually activating when used.

Enhancements

• Monk: Henshin Mystic: Core Enhancement Melee Power has been adjusted from (10/10/10/10/10/25) to (3/3/3/3/3/15) to bring it closer to other Enhancement trees.
    • Monk: Shintao: "Touch of the Void Dragon" now gives +5 Melee Power.
    • Monk: Shintao: "To Seek Perfection" now gives +15 Melee Power.
    • Vistani Knife Fighter: Vistani Weapon Versatility now applies only to daggers and throwing daggers.

Epic Destinies
    The Melee Power in the Cores of each Epic Destiny have been adjusted to give an overall boost to melee in Epics:

• Fatesinger: +10 Melee Power per Core.
    • Grandmaster of Flowers: +10 Melee Power per Core
    • Shadowdancer: +10 Melee Power per Core
    • Fury of the Wild: +6 Melee Power per Core
    • Primal Avatar: +10 Melee Power per Core
    • Divine Crusader: +3 Melee Power per Core
    • Unyelding Sentinel: +5 Melee Power per Core
    • Legendary Dreadnaught: unchanged

Items

• Scrolls of Curative Admixture: Cure Critical Wounds now occasionally drop in treasure wherever 5th level scrolls drop.
    • Fixed an issue where some Sentient Jewels now play personality-specific reactions when Filigree and Jewels are slotted or unslotted.
    • Character hand color is now correct when equipping the Robe of Celebration.
    • The base damage of the Duality handwraps has been changed to 1d6+3. The base damage of other Ravenloft-era handwraps and collars is now 1d6+2.
    • Projectiles from Cold Bolt Rune Arms are now twice as large.
    • Projectiles from Cold Bolt Rune Arms now have homing.

Quests and Adventure Areas

• Recalling from the Ravenloft landscape after using one of the tavern transport NPCs now correctly sends you back to the Ravenloft tavern you came from instead of House Jorasco.
    • The Blue Water Inn exit sign now has the same options as the Blood on the Vine and Van Richten's tower do.
    • Fixed an issue where the wrong ambient sounds were playing in Eveningstar and Eveningstar Cavern.
    • Fixed an issue where a sound in the Spinner's Prison and the Demonweb wouldn't turn off even after you left the area.

Miscellaneous
    • Characters who currently have 1 or more Druid levels should receive a +3 Heart of Wood in their inventory when they log in.
    • Fixed a launcher issue that will correct some Direct X installation problems on Windows 10. The Direct X Web Installer is now installed along with the launcher.
    • Direct X Install has been added to the "Repair" tab. This can be found by opening Options from the menu then switching to the repair tab.
    • Corrected an issue so the Akamai SDK updates properly on a Mac installation.
    • A link to the Character Transfer Guide has been added to the transfer wizard in the launcher.
    • The DDO installation log path no longer includes a reference to Turbine.
    • An "Explore Log Folder" menu option has been added to the game launcher that will open the folder where the launcher and game client logs are placed.

PREVIEW ONLY
    Significant work on the Test Dojo. This was to re-organize flow and (mostly) to improve performance with loading and using the dojo by removing more than half the things in it.

• The former loot room (to the "west" of the entryway) is now empty, and has been walled off.
    • The former really-really-old loot room (to the "northeast" of the entryway, behind the trainers) has been removed entirely
    • There's a new NPC meant to give out the most recent update's loot standing near the Trainers. (It now has the u38 loot!)
    • There's a new Waypoint in the Dojo near the trainers, which leads to a new room called The Loot Pit. This room has all the stuff the West Loot Room used to have, plus a new NPC that will have all the Ravenloft loot.
    • There are Hearts of Blood in the Dojo now.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 03-27-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Wow. My pure 20 Shintao monk will lose 36 Melee Power because of this new update on top of the Duality nerf.

Not cool.

Lamannia should now be open to players! Let us know what you think in the various threads!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Miscellaneous
    • Characters who currently have 1 or more Druid levels should receive a +3 Heart of Wood in their inventory when they log in.
    Oooh, better go splash druid on a whole bunch of toons now. Even when getting rid of that unnecessary druid level, I'll still have +2 class changes left!

Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Still no clarification on Vistani Single Dagger. It's not working with orbs or shields but is working with runearms. Can we get a confirmation this is WAI or not? This would certainly help a lot of struggling builds (Vol dagger user, vistani splashes, etc.).

Combat

• Character Dual-Wielding weapons will now do their full normal damage while moving.

Quests and Adventure Areas
    [*]Fixed an issue where the wrong ambient sounds were playing in Eveningstar and Eveningstar Cavern.
    [*]Fixed an issue where a sound in the Spinner's Prison and the Demonweb wouldn't turn off even after you left the area.
    this is what I look forward to the most this update. the fix to the sounds makes me giddy like you wouldn't believe.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Default Avatar of nature changes?

Any changes to avatar of nature and cleaves? Aka trees? I didn't see it anywhere.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Significant work on the Test Dojo. This was to re-organize flow and (mostly) to improve performance with loading and using the dojo by removing more than half the things in it.

Test Dojo stuff is great... but can you make Fred give free feat respecs also? Or at least include all the various types of Sib shards up through Flawless on the table next to him? Having to either crunch a bajillion sib shards down or go through an LR to change out one feat is very annoying.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Test Dojo stuff is great... but can you make Fred give free feat respecs also? Or at least include all the various types of Sib shards up through Flawless on the table next to him? Having to either crunch a bajillion sib shards down or go through an LR to change out one feat is very annoying.
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Why don't you just use 15 astral shards which if I remember right also doesn't put you on respec timer?

Free Poincalot Points DDO Stored into Astral Shards.
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

Community Member

Enhancements

[LIST][*]Monk: Henshin Mystic: Core Enhancement Melee Power has been adjusted from (10/10/10/10/10/25) to (3/3/3/3/3/15) to bring it closer to other Enhancement trees.[*]Monk: Shintao: "Touch of the Void Dragon" now gives +5 Melee Power.[*]Monk: Shintao: "To Seek Perfection" now gives +15 Melee Power.
    I understand the Nerf to Henshin - the low requirements made Melee power grab exceedingly easy. But why Shintao 18/20 levels? All you are doing is making underwhelming monks prior to level 29. The problem isn't melee power in this tree, we will still be able to easily attain 300-350 end game - the problem was the extremely overpowerful Duality wraps. Please reconsider this nerf to Shintao 18/20 cores.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donny_b View Post
    I understand the Nerf to Henshin - the low requirements made Melee power grab exceedingly easy. But why Shintao 18/20 levels? All you are doing is making underwhelming monks prior to level 29. The problem isn't melee power in this tree, we will still be able to easily attain 300-350 end game - the problem was the extremely overpowerful Duality wraps. Please reconsider this nerf to Shintao 18/20 cores.
    I agree with the shintao part, and a good alternative to the Henshin nerf would have been to lower melee power when using unarmed/hanwraps and leave it as is for two weapon fighting(so it wont affect as much pure henshin mystic player and stop if from being an easy grab for multiclassing a druid in animal form by exemple)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by steadlere View Post
    I agree with the shintao part, and a good alternative to the Henshin nerf would have been to lower melee power when using unarmed/hanwraps and leave it as is for two weapon fighting(so it wont affect as much pure henshin mystic player and stop if from being an easy grab for multiclassing a druid in animal form by exemple)
    Yes, I wholly agree as well. Adding a gradient would certainly allow more versatility. Besides, it's already been reckoned, a monk stick build is by far one of the weakest builds available, even post-passe. The solution certainly isn't to Nerf it even further.

3MP while centered, 10mp while wielding a staff and centered.
    Last edited by Donny_b; 03-27-2018 at 07:25 PM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Done!
    Sweet, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Why don't you just use 15 astral shards which if I remember right also doesn't put you on respec timer?

Free Poincalot Points DDO Stored into Astral Shards.
    Because to be honest, I never thought about that. But just making it free (like they did) both makes it easier, and likewise doesn't have a respec timer.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

I disagree. Monks had far more melee power then any other tree (75). Kensei has 60 potential, rogues have 15, rangers have 20, druids have 25 now, paladins have 10, swashy has none, monks have 37 now. Not to mention monks still get thier die improvements which is worth more then melee power. Other classes can't get die improvements like monks. Monks are going to still be top dps and will somehow still hit harder then my mual fighter build, which makes no logical sense. Not to mention monks get the ability to do sneak attack damage all the time and have hide as a class skill. Other then rogues, no one else gets this. This is a good step in balance of monks. And monks not good until 29? They get a pair of wraps at level 11 that do 6(1d6) base damage. Thats just broken.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MousePointer View Post
    I disagree. Monks had far more melee power then any other tree (75). Kensei has 60 potential, rogues have 15, rangers have 20, druids have 25 now, paladins have 10, swashy has none, monks have 37 now. Not to mention monks still get thier die improvements which is worth more then melee power. Other classes can't get die improvements like monks. Monks are going to still be top dps and will somehow still hit harder then my mual fighter build, which makes no logical sense. Not to mention monks get the ability to do sneak attack damage all the time and have hide as a class skill. Other then rogues, no one else gets this. This is a good step in balance of monks. And monks not good until 29? They get a pair of wraps at level 11 that do 6(1d6) base damage. Thats just broken.

Once henshin is nerfed, nobody is going to want to waste 20 pts into a tree that is largely useless to wrap builds for 12 melee power. They will very, very likely start going Ninja Spy more for helpless dmg. And you cannot possibly make a base argument based on a broken handwrap dmg that will eventually be fixed, not to mention they are very likely not to be used from 10-29. Again, the Duality wraps are what is overpowered, bot Shintao core 18/20. And I never said they are unviable til 29 - not once did I say that, I said they will become underwhelmed until 29 because that overpower you are referring to comes from overpowered wraps, not melee power in Shintao. Again, even with this nerf, a monk can still achieve 300-350 melee power (end game level 30)(so can most other melee classes). Again, the melee power is NOT the problem in Shintao. The problem is Henshin low requirements for melee power and overpowered duality wraps.
    Last edited by Donny_b; 03-27-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Once henshin is nerfed, nobody is going to want to waste 20 pts into a tree that is largely useless to wrap builds for 12 melee power. They will very, very likely start going Ninja Spy more for helpless dmg. And you cannot possibly make a base argument based on a broken handwrap dmg that will eventually be fixed. Again, the Duality wraps are what is overpowered, bot Shintao core 18/20. And I never said they are unviable til 29 - not once did I say that, I said they will become underwhelmed until 29 because that overpower you are referring to comes from overpowered wraps, not melee power in Shintao. Again, even with this nerf, a monk can still achieve 300-350 melee power (end game level 30)(so can most other melee classes). Again, the melee power is NOT the problem in Shintao. The problem is Henshin low requirements for melee power and overpowered duality wraps.
    Melee power was part of problem. In no world should handwraps be hitting for 2k damage a hit when a maul was only hitting for 700. Also what do you mean by underwhelming? What is a not underwhelming end game build that isnt underwhelming until 29?

Community Member

Melee power was part of problem. In no world should handwraps be hitting for 2k damage a hit when a maul was only hitting for 700.
    Is everything I'm saying here going over your head? That dmg is almost solely due to Duality. Again, by level 30, I will STILL be able to get close to 300-350 melee power.

Community Member

Melee power was part of problem. In no world should handwraps be hitting for 2k damage a hit when a maul was only hitting for 700. Also what do you mean by underwhelming? What is a not underwhelming end game build that isnt underwhelming until 29?
    Sorry. Let's do some math here.

I am not going to add +w from feats, enhancements and epic destinies as none of these are a proposed problem

Duality, now = 7(1d6+6)+15 = 80 avg per hit with absolutely no modifiers.

With exclusive Shintao MP of 35 = 80*.35=108

New Shintao MP = 96

Duality, proposed = 7(1d6+3)+15 = 60.5 avg per hit with absolutely no modifiers. (A 25% cut in dmg right there)

Exclusive Shintao MP =81.67

New Shintao MP=72.6

Cutting Shintao melee power only hurts mom's between 20-29, even after duality changes.

Really, I'd suggest a further reduction down to a (1d6+2) which would amount to approximately 35% dmg reduction from current wraps.

Any build running Blitz, on top of prowess' filigree can be hitting well over 1k. Shintao melee power= not a problem. Henshin melee power= a problem. Duality dmg die modifer+high W on monks is.

If I can buff up to 306 melee power, right now, before nerfs, without henshin, do you REALLY think that having 15 less melee power will affect my dps very much at 30, or more so between 20-29 before I can even come close to that number?
    Last edited by Donny_b; 03-27-2018 at 09:17 PM.

I'm hyped to build a Meleeficer and the Druid changes seem to be in a workable format. My greatest critique is the change in the Epic destiny trees which... are very strange to me:

Melees are in no need of more damage, they damage just fine - the competitive builds. Rather the mobs should have less HP inflation. The main problem with Melees is that we don't have a good metric for survivability outside of stacking every dodge source imaginable. It's do or die situation in most high level content in contrast of -losing hp- where we don't really, we don't lose hp in DDO, if the mob does hit you, you're nuked which is very strange with things like a small spider that TWF hits you for a bazzilion damage.

This change not only doesn't cover the main problem, it possibly creates new ones. 10 power/core is insanely good and you're probably better off in Shadowdancer or Primal Avatar than you're on Dreadnaught which is a real shame because you're basically trading sweet and interactive clickies for bland passive power that doesn't fit the class in any way.

And in the future, when a solution is found for a good defensive metric to use, the Melees will be as strong as they were when Citw released because they're now jacked with 60 power. It doesn't sound much but it really is, you can barely keep Blitzing to match the same power. Maybe give some HP % per core or something like that? I have no clue for a good defensive metric at this point but I'm pretty sure this change isn't very good at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast