Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default Unbound becomes bound

    I have been experiencing a crafting bug for several years now, and it is continuing despite numerous contacts with customer service/support about it. Random unbound items are becoming bound to account when they shouldn't be. This bug affects both prefix, and suffix slots, and happens at random, though the frequency of occurrence seems to be increasing. I craft most items to sell, so this effectively neuters the item for that process. I have described the issues in detail to the support team, and the devs, but nothing seems to have resolved the issue. One support team member told me that it appears to be affecting my character only, and not others. Is this true? I have heard of others having the same issue, and would love to hear their thoughts. In the meantime, is anyone evening attempting to fix it? Contacting support/devs seems to be a waste of time, since the issue is still alive several years later. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    I craft pretty regularly and besides some weird cases once or twice it works.
    Is it possible for you to post a picture of such a crafted item?
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    I craft pretty regularly and besides some weird cases once or twice it works.
    Is it possible for you to post a picture of such a crafted item?
    Ty for response. Yes, I will do some crafting tonight, and post pics here of the results.

  4. #4
    Traveler of the Skies Frogger1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stenky View Post
    Ty for response. Yes, I will do some crafting tonight, and post pics here of the results.
    You might want to capture the step-by-step results, or at least examine your item carefully at each step. I recently investigated a strange ML issue, and in that case it pretty reliably shows up at item disjunction. There might be a particular step in the crafting process where your issue occurs.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stenky View Post
    Ty for response. Yes, I will do some crafting tonight, and post pics here of the results.
    well it wouldn't let me attach the screenshots, but it was and unbound level 4 cloak, a unbound spellsight shard, and it made a unbound cloak of spellsight. I then added a unbound feather falling shard, and it made a Bound to account level 4 spellsight cloak of feather falling. I then made one more just like it, and it worked fine. It wasn't bound to account.

  6. #6
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stenky View Post
    well it wouldn't let me attach the screenshots...
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Screenshot

  7. #7
    Traveler of the Skies Frogger1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stenky View Post
    well it wouldn't let me attach the screenshots, but it was and unbound level 4 cloak, a unbound spellsight shard, and it made a unbound cloak of spellsight. I then added a unbound feather falling shard, and it made a Bound to account level 4 spellsight cloak of feather falling. I then made one more just like it, and it worked fine. It wasn't bound to account.
    That is really odd. Every time I've had a problem with a crafted item, it showed up either when the item was disjuncted for crafting or immediately after the ML shard was applied. Sad to see that it's the last step that messes up your item, causing you the maximum wastage of materials.

    There seems to be a hidden property on at least some lootgen that effects crafting, though I can't see how that would be involved here. I'm at a loss for what might be happening or what warning to look out for ahead of time.

    Any idea if the unbound=>bound happens just with newer drops or just with blanks bought off the AH? There have been a number of major lootgen changes over the years, and it's hard to tell how old many items are. I admit I'm reaching here, but the base item seems to be the only variable in your process. Unless there really is something truly bizarre and random causing your problem.

  8. #8
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    That is really odd. Every time I've had a problem with a crafted item, it showed up either when the item was disjuncted for crafting or immediately after the ML shard was applied. Sad to see that it's the last step that messes up your item, causing you the maximum wastage of materials.

    There seems to be a hidden property on at least some lootgen that effects crafting, though I can't see how that would be involved here. I'm at a loss for what might be happening or what warning to look out for ahead of time.

    Any idea if the unbound=>bound happens just with newer drops or just with blanks bought off the AH? There have been a number of major lootgen changes over the years, and it's hard to tell how old many items are. I admit I'm reaching here, but the base item seems to be the only variable in your process. Unless there really is something truly bizarre and random causing your problem.
    Maybe a screenshot of the crafted item will give us a hint.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  9. #9
    Community Member Amberyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    80

    Default Unbound becoming bound to account

    For me, Unbound Featherfall cloaks become bound to account. This appears to be consistant, and I have documented the process and results. If I let the recipient perform the crafting, I can pass along all of the individual parts. Yet, adding the Featherfall seems to bind it when performed by my crafter.


    So, it is not just you.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amberyll View Post
    For me, Unbound Featherfall cloaks become bound to account. This appears to be consistant, and I have documented the process and results. If I let the recipient perform the crafting, I can pass along all of the individual parts. Yet, adding the Featherfall seems to bind it when performed by my crafter.


    So, it is not just you.
    Same here. I wanted to create featherfalling boots for someone else, and the item became bound to account *grmbl*.

    Wasted two perfectly good boots with colorless slot on it.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default Non-scaling Shards

    Quote Originally Posted by Amberyll View Post
    For me, Unbound Featherfall cloaks become bound to account. This appears to be consistant, and I have documented the process and results. If I let the recipient perform the crafting, I can pass along all of the individual parts. Yet, adding the Featherfall seems to bind it when performed by my crafter.


    So, it is not just you.
    I have had this problem with these non-scaling enchantments: feather fall, underwater action, and deathblock
    I haven't had this happen with any other shards. I have not tried any other non-scaling shards. This has been happening since the big crafting update. It is extremely frustrating. If I wanted a bound item, I could just make bound shards and save all of the essences and ingredients.

  12. #12
    Community Member Tahlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    37

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrell_Redhill View Post
    I have had this problem with these non-scaling enchantments: feather fall, underwater action, and deathblock
    .
    I just tried to craft an underwater action ring for a guildmate, and bought with plat a lot of items off the auction house to deconstruct for Cannith essences but when I went to post it I was unable the item had become bound to account. I was careful to use only the unbound shard and unbound item crafting device and dont have the ingredients and resources to redo at the moment. Very disappointed [ I deconstructed the failed attempt to see if i could redo but then discovered I but lacked resources to try]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload