Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My final "I am not quitting message..."

I mean, seriously, the folks at Standing Stone Games are constantly pushing out new tech, new content (Ravenloft is absolutely wonderful btw), new races, new raids, new gear, updating feats, enhancements, and destinies...it's almost like they want me to enjoy playing the game. There is absolutely no other game that comes close to DDO in terms of replay-ability or immersion or character customization.

Sure there is a bit of grind for those of us who chose to be triple-everything, a dash of bugs, and maybe there is some work to be done for end game players, but come on...this game is sweeeeeeet!

I have met some great people and just want to say, thanks everyone: firebanshee, whynnd, eyeseetouch, deltabravo, manganese, chowfat, jing, and many others (sorry, it's early, haven't even finished my first cup of coffee, can barely remember my own name so if I missed you...) who have at times had to carry/drag me along for the past 10 years.

Did I mention I love the game? Thanks SSG, keep on keeping on.

-Lyght on Thelanis
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilyght View Post
    I mean, seriously, the folks at Standing Stone Games are constantly pushing out new tech, new content (Ravenloft is absolutely wonderful btw), new races, new raids, new gear, updating feats, enhancements, and destinies...it's almost like they want me to enjoy playing the game. There is absolutely no other game that comes close to DDO in terms of replay-ability or immersion or character customization.

Sure there is a bit of grind for those of us who chose to be triple-everything, a dash of bugs, and maybe there is some work to be done for end game players, but come on...this game is sweeeeeeet!

I have met some great people and just want to say, thanks everyone: firebanshee, whynnd, eyeseetouch, deltabravo, manganese, chowfat, jing, and many others (sorry, it's early, haven't even finished my first cup of coffee, can barely remember my own name so if I missed you...) who have at times had to carry/drag me along for the past 10 years.

-Lyght on Thelanis
    Can I not have your stuff!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

Does this mean you are quitting, or not?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Does this mean you are quitting, or not?
    They will have to drag me away kicking and screaming...and possibly weeping like a kindergarten schoolgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by memloch View Post
    Can I not have your stuff!
    Yes, you can not

I will join you in also not quitting

This game isn't perfect and we're not getting everything we want, but I think that last year was the best year for DDO in at least a few years... Reaper Mode, racial reincarnation, Dragonborn, Aasimar, Ravenloft. It started out slow but overall an improvement over at least 2015-16.
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 03-26-2018 at 10:41 AM.

If I only had a dollar for every time someone said they were quitting.
    (Combat): You were killed by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    I will join you in also not quitting

This game isn't perfect and we're not getting everything we want, but I think that last year was the best year for DDO in at least a few years... Reaper Mode, racial reincarnation, Dragonborn, Aasimar, Ravenloft. It started out slow but overall an improvement over at least 2015-16.
    I am also not planning on quitting any time soon. Loving the game, the people, the friends why on earth would I leave??
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /

Community Member

I plan on quitting when my great-great-great-great-great grand children finish filling out my reaper trees and I look approvingly on from my head in a jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelia View Post
    I plan on quitting when my great-great-great-great-great grand children finish filling out my reaper trees and I look approvingly on from my head in a jar.
    Just curious, but why will your head be in a jar and not virtually displayed atop an android body like the rest of us in ~2158?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Just curious, but why will your head be in a jar and not virtually displayed atop an android body like the rest of us in ~2158?
    Curiously, that sounds an much like a . . . warforged.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    How will they be able to afford that when they've been stuck inside all their lives chained to a computer?

/Just joking. I would sooner let my kids smoke crack than play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by charliecharlie View Post
    The warforged are made of stone, metal and wood fibres. The core of a warforged is a skeletal frame made of metal and stone with wood fibres acting as a muscular system. Covering the warforged is an outer shell of metal and stone plates. An internal network of tubes run through the warforged's body, these tubes are filled with a blood like fluid that is designed to lubricate and nourish their systems.

Possibly... but only if we figure out how to genetically engineer wood/plant materials with a symbiotic nanotechnology. So mmmm could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelia View Post
    How will they be able to afford that when they've been stuck inside all their lives chained to a computer?

/Just joking. I would sooner let my kids smoke crack than play this game.
    Whoa too far dude. Too far.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilyght View Post
    I agree, DDO is in a pretty good place overall. Lots of room for improvement, and I hope they find ways to market the game and bring in new players.

Wink I rather take an € for...

Quote Originally Posted by Spadedragon View Post
    I rather take an € for every time I notice someone obviously doesn't read enough before responding

And yes 95% of DDO is fine but too bad sometimes the developers roll a 1 no matter how high their skills are and then they fail
    And unfortunately this 5% can make the quest "successful DDO" fail.
    But the good news is you can work on the last 5%!
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Quote Originally Posted by charliecharlie View Post
    Its a gameforged
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    I rather take an € for every time I notice someone obviously doesn't read enough before responding

And yes 95% of DDO is fine but too bad sometimes the developers roll a 1 no matter how high their skills are and then they fail
    And unfortunately this 5% can make the quest "successful DDO" fail.
    But the good news is you can work on the last 5%!
    What makes you think said quote does not work in this context?

Seriously. We need screenshots of the OP running in a dungeon and maybe dancing in the Wayward Lobster before we can believe these kinds of posts.

Default or another € for unclear postings...

Quote Originally Posted by Algreg View Post
    What makes you think said quote does not work in this context?
    Because the OP says he is NOT quitting and therefore if he just only says:

It is at least miss leading if he doesn't make his point clearer.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

If you like the game and won't stop, why don't you actually play it instead of coming on forum to bring your joy on all?

I hate when ppl keep playing and just can't stop coming back on forum to brag about how they enjoy their experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast