Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Is it fun to kill everything instantly?

I really want to know if you guys who run around an simply kill everything instantly are having fun. Its hard for me to believe that you are.

I just got through running with a group with a couple of wizards and a sorc and everything just dies. There's no strategy. There's no excitement. There is only walk into a room everything dies. Walk to the next room everything dies.

I certainly am not enjoying it. In my specific case it's one of the biggest reasons I dislike joining any group any more.

So I just thought I would ask if you guys are having fun or is your fun derived simply from not allowing anyone else to play.

Bounty Hunter

Not if you are running at a difficulty level below what you should be running in - it sounds like that is the case with the group you were in. That's trust of any class really, and truthfully aoe dps is king when running below the proper difficulty and kill count is determined by who got there first. It's posts like this that make me thankful for reaper and the ability to adjust skull level.

maybe they played an assassin in their previous life and are feeling the revenge
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Community Member

I was in a Deleras run with a first life alt. A multi past life well geared turn machine took out nearly everything. Deleras can be kind of a slog for melee with mediocre gear. It was fun that our deleras run was speedy, and I got my Voice first try on that char, woot! But yeah, we ran on elite, could easily have done multi skull reaper (or rather, that cleric could have carried us through multi-skull reaper).

most common forum answer is yes, they do have fun one shotting mobs because its about the per minute and they want to get through their past lives as quickly as possible.

now, its surprising to see this thread in the age of Reaper. perhaps more and more players have grown enough in power and the default R1-3 is starting to become old elite?
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

and I got my Voice first try on that char, woot!
    The Voice appears on the reward list every time tho...
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    most common forum answer is yes, they do have fun one shotting mobs because its about the per minute and they want to get through their past lives as quickly as possible.

now, its surprising to see this thread in the age of Reaper. perhaps more and more players have grown enough in power and the default R1-3 is starting to become old elite?
    R1-3 doesn't feel like the standard. There are more times than not that I see HE, EE or EN only and no reaper on the LFM's.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Agreed, but these days, the loot there is mostly outclassed by other things. Only other thing I might want would be the rune arm, but I have one of those. I only intended to run Deleras once, and wanted to xp bonus as soon as possible.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I misunderstood what you meant, forgot that it was guaranteed, thought you were referring to other drops. Think it may have been variable at one point in the past. I did get the voice quickly regardless.

Community Member

I absolutely love instant kills in quests that have absurd HP inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    Agreed, but these days, the loot there is mostly outclassed by other things. Only other thing I might want would be the rune arm, but I have one of those. I only intended to run Deleras once, and wanted to xp bonus as soon as possible.
    If you really want the xp bonus as fast as possible, have another toon slot a Master's Gift augment in something BtA, instead of waiting until you get the Voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    R1-3 doesn't feel like the standard. There are more times than not that I see HE, EE or EN only and no reaper on the LFM's.
    you must not be from Khyber. at least 3/4 lfms are Reaper. back when Reaper first came out I used to still join groups that advertised for elite, but most times the party would change their minds and want to run Reaper.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

This is why we have 10 levels above elite.

If it's too easy, raise the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    I really want to know if you guys who run around an simply kill everything instantly are having fun. Its hard for me to believe that you are.
    It's hard for you to believe there are people different from you? Who have fun differently from you, who see things differently?

I... I got nothin'.

Community Member

I just got through running with a group with a couple of wizards and a sorc and everything just dies. There's no strategy. There's no excitement. There is only walk into a room everything dies. Walk to the next room everything dies.

I certainly am not enjoying it. In my specific case it's one of the biggest reasons I dislike joining any group any more.

So I just thought I would ask if you guys are having fun or is your fun derived simply from not allowing anyone else to play.
    If they have fun or not doesnt matter, the problem is they kill the fun for the others in the group.

Death spells should be turbined as vorpal weps were.

Quote Originally Posted by FiendishCrusher View Post
    Death spells should be turbined as vorpal weps were.
    In all seriousness, what would that leave wizards with? Trying to DPS as one is just being a bad sorcerer.

Community Member

EDIT

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but when you start with "really want to know" and then you end your phrasing with "not allowing anyone else to play" if feels like your mind is pretty much made up.

But... in case I misjudged you, I'll apologize in advance and answer.

In any game I play, if it has it, I play with God Mode and/or full weapons unlocked from the beginning. If MMO, I overlevel it as much as possible. Insta kill? Awesome. Immunity to damage? (see my CoH posts) Perfect.

If the DDO store had a "Cosmic Nuke. For 500? DDO points, bring the Cosmic Nuke to a dungeon. Press KILL. Everything else in the dungeon dies"...

With my sub... I'd do it once a month.

And if someone else has the nuke? Awesome. Lets walk to the end, and get the carrot... I mean chest.

Add whatever adjectives you want to me, I'll take them with pride. When I play a game, I want easy mode, insta kill and every time I click something, I want to hear "I WIN!" with my easy mode "I WIN!" button. That's what I find fun. I hate challenge with a passion in a game. PERSONALLY, I feel I get more than my share IRL, thank you.

Now, if you say you don't believe me... then there's nothing I can about that.
    Last edited by Dalris_Thane; 03-03-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsotate View Post
    In all seriousness, what would that leave wizards with? Trying to DPS as one is just being a bad sorcerer.
    Why melees can take some time to kill a mob while others play styles don´t?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post

Pretty much. r1 and r2 are more of a grab everything red alter and wipe out 20 things at once and move on unless you can jog past them all then you just do that like in von 3 and the like. Its how I zerg em on my barb leveling and my 10 warlock whatever when he hits 12 for the bursts.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Given that their characters are designed around instant kill spells, they're very likely enjoying their build's success.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast