Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Hey Strimtom, great build thanks for doing this. Question: whats the point of the two hand and two weapons stuff at epic? does it help with sword and board or do you switch fighting styles?

Default Two handed weapon feats.

I am curious as to why you took the two handed weapon feats and how do they impact this build. Do they actually add glancing blows to weapons that do not have glancing blows? I check and the khopesh did not pick up glancing blows with update 5 so I am wonder why the feats were taken. Do they affect the tower shield? I am really curious as to their function in your build.

Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greeka View Post
    I am curious as to why you took the two handed weapon feats and how do they impact this build. Do they actually add glancing blows to weapons that do not have glancing blows? I check and the khopesh did not pick up glancing blows with update 5 so I am wonder why the feats were taken. Do they affect the tower shield? I am really curious as to their function in your build.

Thanks
    Most likely for Epic Defensive Fighting.

Strimtom mentions he doesn't run in Stalwart Defender (AP aside) because it causes aggro and doesn't cause damage. This means he doesn't have a % Competence bonus to HP, which 13+ SD points usually covers for other Kensai builds. EDF gives 5% hp + 5% per combat style feat (which doesn't include Shield Mastery) for a total of 20% with THF/ITHF/PTHF. As he's not tossing out heals or spells, the stance has no real downside for this build

2016 DDO Council Member Strimtom's Avatar

Added Paladin build link to beginning of thread
    All my builds in one place!
    Personal stream http://www.twitch.tv/strimtom and I stream my show on the official DDOStream 6PM-9PM EDT on Mon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234