Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Teach SSG a lesson

Do not pay for anything for awhile, cancel vip, etc. Money talks and they will get the message that their programming stinks and policies are idiotic.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default I will miss you, c'mon, bring itin for a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkezie View Post
    Do not pay for anything for awhile, cancel vip, etc. Money talks and they will get the message that their programming stinks and policies are idiotic.

Default What's wrong?

"Failed to que" perhaps?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member

So where did you do nothing, at the beach or in the tavern?

Community Member

My definition of chaotic neutral: I am only doing this because you told me not to.

Guess I am buying some points tonight. The double bonus still up?

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

ban?

PlaYin' by RuLz is two hArd.

half of gland is banned... will you guys earn your paychecks this week/month? ^^
    i mean, what is ban good for in a small community like this, in a 12 years old game?

btw im not banned... just dont feel like logging in for a few days while gland looks like a desert.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mraz View Post
    btw im not banned... just dont feel like logging in for a few days while gland looks like a desert.
    Im convinced !

Quote Originally Posted by mraz View Post
    half of gland is banned... will you guys earn your paychecks this week/month? ^^
    i mean, what is ban good for in a small community like this, in a 12 years old game?

Lol was gland where it was going on? Doesn't surprise me that much tbh, there's a guild I can think of that I know has actively gotten creative with things like this in the past.
    Kestros, Shintao Monk
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom116 View Post
    Lol was gland where it was going on? Doesn't surprise me that much tbh, there's a guild I can think of that I know has actively gotten creative with things like this in the past.
    Nah, most of us dont need anything sagas can provide.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Community Member

i just bought couple hundred worth of ddo points thanks ssg i support your game.

Community Member

It might be a bit early to assume anyone who was banned got it because of a process that accurately detected exploits. I can think of at least one really badly done mass banning that hit people who weren't guilty of anything. Cough, Mabar, cough.

So maybe take a moment before hurling accusations at people without any proof. SSG's detection processes aren't infallible, and from what I hear they're also rather short on the procedural fairness side too in that no proof of wrong-doing is provided to people accused of something nor are they given a chance to explain their actions before the punishment is enacted. Hopefully there is a decent appeal process and it's a bit less cavalier.

It's a good thing the people who run this are only controlling access to a toy rather than actually involved in making serious administrative or legal decisions.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Founder

Ok I'll bite: what are we supposed to be teaching SSG a lesson for? This is pretty vague.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Ok I'll bite: what are we supposed to be teaching SSG a lesson for? This is pretty vague.
    I am also a bit bemused. From the way it's worded it could mean anything from huge issues with the game, bad practices by staff or someone died in a quest and Customer Service wouldn't award them completion (or anything random in between).
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenlogic123 View Post
    i just bought couple hundred worth of ddo points thanks ssg i support your game.
    what they said
    Lots of MMO's out there but you always come back to your first love.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    It might be a bit early to assume anyone who was banned got it because of a process that accurately detected exploits. I can think of at least one really badly done mass banning that hit people who weren't guilty of anything. Cough, Mabar, cough.

So maybe take a moment before hurling accusations at people without any proof. SSG's detection processes aren't infallible, and from what I hear they're also rather short on the procedural fairness side too in that no proof of wrong-doing is provided to people accused of something nor are they given a chance to explain their actions before the punishment is enacted. Hopefully there is a decent appeal process and it's a bit less cavalier.

It's a good thing the people who run this are only controlling access to a toy rather than actually involved in making serious administrative or legal decisions.

Thanks.
    I don't disagree with you, but the flip side is that there are rarely any "real" punishments handed out. I'm not generally one of those "your power hurts my game experience," but people were doing an epic life in under an hour. I doubt SSG is gonna touch these threads with a 10-foot pike, so we'll never know, but what are they going to do, take lives away? Knock down guild levels? Guess we'll know in a week, but if some time off is really the punishment, the chaotic evil side of me says it was probably worth it for those people.

Their hands are tied though. A lot of the people who get involved in every exploit are the same ones who blow a bunch of money on the game, and I think SSG is terrified of doing anything that would drive them away permanently. So what can they really do? They're welcome to prove me wrong - permaban some of these accounts. Not gonna name names, but you and I both know there's some pretty big ones on this list. Some of the biggest, most-renowned guilds would crumble.

But they won't. So, *shrug*. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapco View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but the flip side is that there are rarely any "real" punishments handed out. I'm not generally one of those "your power hurts my game experience," but people were doing an epic life in under an hour. I doubt SSG is gonna touch these threads with a 10-foot pike, so we'll never know, but what are they going to do, take lives away? Knock down guild levels? Guess we'll know in a week, but if some time off is really the punishment, the chaotic evil side of me says it was probably worth it for those people.

Their hands are tied though. A lot of the people who get involved in every exploit are the same ones who blow a bunch of money on the game, and I think SSG is terrified of doing anything that would drive them away permanently. So what can they really do? They're welcome to prove me wrong - permaban some of these accounts. Not gonna name names, but you and I both know there's some pretty big ones on this list. Some of the biggest, most-renowned guilds would crumble.

But they won't. So, *shrug*. Whatever.
    They may:

"We are in the process of engaging in targeted disciplinary action against characters and accounts that engaged in a recent exploit that allowed them to complete Sagas and get rewards for them repeatedly without re-running the Saga. Players who engaged in this activity will see one of several things happen to their accounts: We will be issuing temporary game bans, and in some cases will be removing the benefit they gained through this exploit. For our most repeat or malicious offenders, we will be removing the characters that took frequent advantage of this exploit, in addition to more restrictive bans."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ne-Information
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    They may:

"We are in the process of engaging in targeted disciplinary action against characters and accounts that engaged in a recent exploit that allowed them to complete Sagas and get rewards for them repeatedly without re-running the Saga. Players who engaged in this activity will see one of several things happen to their accounts: We will be issuing temporary game bans, and in some cases will be removing the benefit they gained through this exploit. For our most repeat or malicious offenders, we will be removing the characters that took frequent advantage of this exploit, in addition to more restrictive bans."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ne-Information
    Lemme highlight the funnier bit. In some cases? Gimme a break.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast