Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OxfordCalc View Post
    The only star icon I see is the House Phiarlan patron, and she just says I don't have enough favor to talk to.

Where is the dungeon?
    Directly opposite the Golden Wing Inn. Outside the building that has you going to the big Phiarlan party through the illusionarium...
    *looks up name* Partycrashers.

Community Member

Does the Sentient Jewel of the Kobold use the voice actress from the party dungeon (who voices all the kobolds)? Also, is it new voice clips or is it just random kobold voices from the party dungeon kobolds?

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

Captain of Bling is still invisible at first upon any time you login while having it on.
    So if you want to see it, toggle head cosmetic visibility off and on every time you log in.
    Every time.
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Somewhere in the depths of the minds who can see it.

As Hancock would say, Good Job! TBH I wont be farming this stuff. Any of it. This is because I have limited play times nowadays so I do what I feel is more important to my builds playstyle etc. With that being said, at the same time, I find all these items absolutely fantastic for one reason. You guys have a sense of humor. I mean come on, the Banhammer? Flaming Forum Post? Wow, that's just great just for the names alone, just wish the Banhammer logged you off when you equipped or swung it. That would be icing on the 12 year old cake.
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Magnusss Arcanum of Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Anniversary Dungeon is now available! Now through March 11th.
    Very underwhelmed by this years giveaway, one cosmetic btc item of no real use, this on top of 4 more btc in the recent pack for Ravenloft, so many btc useless items just for appearance, they really couln't be bta and then we only need one of each per account rather than so many per character not to mention that some are fleshie only or robot only so limited even more is their so called usefulness. Pleeeeease make these items BTA it really wouln't be a game breaker, it's not as though they contribute to power creep or stats or anything.

Default Confused

Okay I thought this kind of quest (a challenge quest) timed out after the allotted time (15 minutes) barring any items used to extend the time. So I had a little time before going to work this morning and figured I could at least earn a few rewards toward the special items in 15 minutes. Well after defeating the 4 devs and exploring as much as I could, and speaking/interacting with everything I found the time was long gone but it didn't boot me from the quest. I obviously missed something(s) but I had 4 stars, so I kept waiting to get booted so I could collect my rewards. But nothing happened. I couldn't find the harbor master and after wasting 30 minutes I had to recall and got absolutely nothing for my time. No xp and no tokens or whatever the trade-in thing is.

Can someone explain what happened? Is this not a "challenge" style quest? Where is the Harbor Master?

Thanks!

It's not a timed like most Challenges: http://ddowiki.com/page/Anniversary_Party_(11th) it gives 'star rewards' like a Challenge and won't have Monster Champions.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Okay I thought this kind of quest (a challenge quest) timed out after the allotted time (15 minutes) barring any items used to extend the time. So I had a little time before going to work this morning and figured I could at least earn a few rewards toward the special items in 15 minutes. Well after defeating the 4 devs and exploring as much as I could, and speaking/interacting with everything I found the time was long gone but it didn't boot me from the quest. I obviously missed something(s) but I had 4 stars, so I kept waiting to get booted so I could collect my rewards. But nothing happened. I couldn't find the harbor master and after wasting 30 minutes I had to recall and got absolutely nothing for my time. No xp and no tokens or whatever the trade-in thing is.

Can someone explain what happened? Is this not a "challenge" style quest? Where is the Harbor Master?

Thanks!
    1. The Harbor master is in front of the door leading to the kobold section of the dungeon. That door is between the rest and resurrection shrines. The shrines are located: As you enter the party, turn sharply left.

2. It has stars like the challenges do to award materials (party favors). 5 stars at 5 CRs above your level will award 8 party favors. 5 stars at 5 CRs below your level will award nothing. However, unlike challenges, it's not timed and does not have the clause "If everyone leaves the challenge, the challenge fails". It also does not lock behind after 3 minutes.
    So, you can go in, take your time exploring and talking to people and things and finding exciting stuff. Kill the devs to get stars. Find the source of the kobold menace to actually complete the challenge. If you die, it's no big deal. Just release and come back before 5 minutes have passed. The challenge will still be active for you. The same holds for the night revels challenges (and they don't charge an extra key to re-enter).

P.S. I recommend taking your time to speak (multiple times) to the NPCs in there. Quite funny.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    1. The Harbor master is in front of the door leading to the kobold section of the dungeon. That door is between the rest and resurrection shrines. The shrines are located: As you enter the party, turn sharply left.

2. It has stars like the challenges do to award materials (party favors). 5 stars at 5 CRs above your level will award 8 party favors. 5 stars at 5 CRs below your level will award nothing. However, unlike challenges, it's not timed and does not have the clause "If everyone leaves the challenge, the challenge fails". It also does not lock behind after 3 minutes.
    So, you can go in, take your time exploring and talking to people and things and finding exciting stuff. Kill the devs to get stars. Find the source of the kobold menace to actually complete the challenge. If you die, it's no big deal. Just release and come back before 5 minutes have passed. The challenge will still be active for you. The same holds for the night revels challenges (and they don't charge an extra key to re-enter).

P.S. I recommend taking your time to speak (multiple times) to the NPCs in there. Quite funny.
    Thanks Faltout, appreciate the explanation(s).

Hmm. There are 3 things on the reward list I would like, totaling 220 favors. That's about 38 runs. Holy grindy Batman!

Thumbs down

The bad thing about the D12 is that is Bound to character.....

Community Member

Ok so... the Anniversary Reward has to be an April Fool's joke, right? A silly cosmetic item? That's it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarfox75 View Post
    Ok so... the Anniversary Reward has to be an April Fool's joke, right? A silly cosmetic item? That's it?
    And yet I am still logging in to every alt on every server to barter for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarfox75 View Post
    I bartered three, if I remember correctly, and threw away the rest. Except for the robe, I don't even like their look.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Sorry, but no. If you missed it, you missed it.

HAPPY 12th ANNIVERSARY DDO

As for the reply, this is quote worthy.

Community Manager

Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

+1!

Congrats DDO! Now you can be a gangly teenager!

Hard to believe I've played this game for 12+ years (including the "head start" period). Wow!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

IMG]https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28378636_10156390582475992_5528357595509823742_n.j pg?oh=1e487b2b6b5f43dc7b93eafce5bc25a1&oe=5B02FDB4[/IMG]
    +1 Great Picture!!!

And definately enjoying the party...the d12 dice is really nice...

What I really like is the blueprints for White Plum Mountain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast