21 arcane insight
    24 intensify
    26 sp light or pos
    27 ?wellspring
    28 mass frog
    29 fount of life
    30 Celestia
    ? Completionist?

Running in us or ea, depending on raid or quest.

Vish 17/3 gearset
    Head open. Halcyonia!? Hardened hide for sorc set?
    Neck slavers 17con4 resist 14 sorc
    Goggles inswis7
    Trinket slavers symbol. Inscon8 sorc
    Dawn Healer (208 PosSP, 30% PosCrit%, Magical Eff, +22 heal, Adherent)
    Body Platemail of the Barovian Lord (+2 profane, +50 PRR, +202 Fort, +9 parry)
    Cloak ?*Silverthread (Wis19, +202 Fort, +50 PRR, Adherant)
    Bracers slavers sheltering45 sorc
    Belt Silverthread (+202 EnhPosSP, Adherent)
    Ring1 slavers falselife68, devotion185 sf6 Qwis4 sorc
    Ring2 spinneret Qsf2 lore15 spellpen7 Qpotency32 sorc
    Boots flightfoot (adherent)
    Hands Innate Arcanum (19cha4, +412 Wiz, Adherent)
    5 piece slavers sorcery
    5 pc adherents

Weapon raid? I have the sickle...needs off hand.?*
    Night mothers scepter.sf7, inssf4. Spellpen8, inssp4

Shield mirrorplate +50 ins MRR, +14 QMRR.
    Something with healers bounty?

Notes
    Running radiant for raids, dd for quests?
    Running us for raids, ea for quests?
    That would be the plan
    Vish the imploder, like vlad the impaler
    Need help on gearset and if this should be viable?
    3 paladin for sacred defender. Should give me 1400 hp, and 2000 in us. And still be able to implode. And semi tank with radiant.
    Anyhow I think this fits the ravenloft meta.
    Trying to get a gearset in mind so I know what I need to slot. Never done a caster cleric.
    This thing can also turn dead.
    Any thought appreciated.
    Vishantii (the bird man)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Community Member

Edit: NVM

This?
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-21-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Can you test and make sure air domain allows lightning spell power to fuel the alignment spells which use light spell power, and not just light spells?
    My understanding is:

1. 'Light Spell Power' is the spellpower ordinarily used for Alignment spells, whether or not you have Divine Disciple. There is no separate spellpower for each different alignment, despite what the text says - it's all just Light. Example: A Cleric who invests no points in Divine Disciple can still gain the benefit of Light spellpower to increase their alignment spells.

2. Taking the first point in Divine Disciple means that you will use the higher of your Light or Negative spellpower - from whatever source - for your Alignment spells. Example: Roll a Drow at level 7. Take Darkfire but don't invest any points in class trees or Spellcraft (full points in Heal). You should have 50+ Negative spellpower from starting gear and very little (0-ish) Light. Your Darkfire will do around 15 - 20 points of damage. Now put a single point into either Divine Disciple Darkness. Your Darkfire will now do significantly more damage.

3. The Domains don't actually convert one spell power to another. Rather, they flag specific spells - the ones granted by the SLAs and Cleric class spells - as receiving the higher of the two spell powers. Example: If you play a Sorcerer/Cleric, your Shocking Grasp - whether from Air Domain or Air Savant - will get the full benefit of your Light spellpower. Your Ball Lightning (from Sorcerer) will use your Electric spellpower even if your Light is substantially higher.

Now, I haven't tested this comprehensively from every angle, but I've looked at enough to convince myself that you rarely ever want to invest in Elemental spellpower as a Cleric (nor is the +elemental spellpower you receive from the Domains remotely useful) because virtually everything you cast that isn't from those SLAs will be based on Light. Fire is a possible exception, since Clerics actually receive Fire-based spells. However, once you hit epic levels, your primary offensive spells will be based out of Exalted Angel (which is a heavily Light-based destiny).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    . Rather, they flag specific spells
    Oh, that makes it simple, just craft LGS Vacuum for negative spell power. Then go Magic Domain.

Negative will top light easily, due to wisdom mod + LGS stacking bonus.

Then you don't care what is or is not flagged.

I dislike EA spells except divine wrath, and all cleric light spells in general, because they aren't standard AoEs. Divine punishment and flame strike are the only ones I like, because DP has a specific purpose (boss dps + procs) and it does it, and flame strike is a true AoE for heroics. The rest are trash beaters, but they don't AoE trash.

I like the alignment spells better.

I like tree form best of all though...
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-21-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Community Member

Oh, that makes it simple, just craft LGS Vacuum for negative spell power. Then go Magic Domain.

Negative will top light easily, due to wisdom mod + LGS stacking bonus.

Then you don't care what is or is not flagged.
    I'm pretty sure that a Fire Domain Cleric's Fire spell power won't buff Divine Wrath. But I'm certain that no Cleric's Negative spell power will buff Divine Wrath. That should be the takeaway here. If you're planning on playing an offensive casting Cleric, you're almost certainly going into Exalted Angel at Epic levels and it's entirely based around Light spellpower. If you're coming out of Electric/Fire/Earth, that means you should really be focused (long-term) on using Light spell power to feed your Elemental SLAs rather than using Elemental spell power to feed your Light SLAs.

I dislike EA spells except divine wrath, and all cleric light spells in general, because they aren't standard AoEs. Divine punishment and flame strike are the only ones I like, because DP has a specific purpose (boss dps + procs) and it does it, and flame strike is a true AoE for heroics. The rest are trash beaters, but they don't AoE trash.

I like the alignment spells better.
    You only get Flame Strike and Holy Smite as SLAs is if you go with Light. On a Magic domain Cleric with Dark Disciple, you don't get any of the alignment spells as SLAs - and you're going to rapidly drain your SP pool trying to cast them out of your spellbook.

You also have to consider that all of the actual Negative spells Clerics receive are Necromancy, not Evocation. So all of your Disciple SLAs as well as all of the various negative energy damage spells in your spellbook are going to have poor saves by going with Magic domain.

Personally, I like the alignment spells... when they work... which is not the case against 90%+ of the content. They're only full strength against Outsiders. Against anything true neutral, they're rarely even worth a cast. They're capped between levels 10 and 24 - and at 24, you just get to move the cap up another 10 levels. I certainly wouldn't pursue a build that required minimizing or eliminating the power of every other offensive damage spell I had to get a minor boost in power for alignment spells.

Community Member

You only get Flame Strike and Holy Smite as SLAs is if you go with Light. On a Magic domain Cleric with Dark Disciple, you don't get any of the alignment spells as SLAs - and you're going to rapidly drain your SP pool trying to cast them out of your spellbook.

You also have to consider that all of the actual Negative spells Clerics receive are Necromancy, not Evocation. So all of your Disciple SLAs as well as all of the various negative energy damage spells in your spellbook are going to have poor saves by going with Magic domain.

Personally, I like the alignment spells... when they work... which is not the case against 90%+ of the content. They're only full strength against Outsiders. Against anything true neutral, they're rarely even worth a cast. They're capped between levels 10 and 24 - and at 24, you just get to move the cap up another 10 levels. I certainly wouldn't pursue a build that required minimizing or eliminating the power of every other offensive damage spell I had to get a minor boost in power for alignment spells.

AoE spells will be almost free. 15 base cost from spell book for alignment spells - 20% (pansophic helm + epic levels ) - 10 (crit something AoE - Just Rewards) = 3 mana in epics. Light disciple, but fuel alignment spells with negative spell power (taking universal spell power from DD).

There are only two Master of X feats for clerics, so you pick one at the expense of the other for leveling. Especially if you take BoGW at 27 to stun/nuke. Whatever you pick leaves the other so weak as to be not worth using. Pick both at 24 and 27, and feat swap the one you like less to BoGW.

And remember, it is an offensive casting cleric. No one will expect it to compare to a warlock.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-21-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Couple things,
    Not worried the damage of going light cleric caster
    It's one of the things I haven't explored,
    And being a proponent of clerics I should know these things...
    And I may even build it on Kil first, he's got a cleric life to give
    And I've mentioned I built more pure nukers,
    But I'm more concerned the hp, for raids
    I'm always thinking raid
    For quests, I've got my healbot side
    I've played that role on vish before
    When reaper first came out
    And I did great
    So I've seen intense fighting and know I can sustain it
    So if I get to cast laser beams once in a while,
    Itll be for the fun of it
    No need to solo here
    I run groups
    And moreso as a reaper healer
    And one other thing,
    This is for vish
    My original intentions for him was to splash pally
    And actually be a fighting man
    He was a 15/1 when I came back
    So I'd like to keep that theme
    Just turn him into a space opera
    Instead of wielding a falchion

So I'm not going to craft any LGS for this,
    The scepter looks like a choice caster item
    At cap anyways,
    I guess I could LGS from 26-29
    But that's like a couple days maybe
    So I need a 30 gearset
    And I'm not going to go magic,
    I took luck because of displace and no fail saves
    And +2 DCs
    I could go dragonborn, and lose a feat,
    But vish has always been human, so...

And being a switch hitter,
    I'm concerned the feats I took in epic
    Never really run casters so don't know the terrain there,
    Again, this would be a learning curve build
    Teach me something
    So any advice there appreciate.
    Vishantii (the bird man)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Community Member

AoE spells will be almost free. 15 base cost from spell book for alignment spells - 20% (pansophic helm + epic levels ) - 10 (crit something AoE - Just Rewards) = 3 mana in epics. Light disciple, but fuel alignment spells with negative spell power (taking universal spell power from DD).
    Alignment spells aren't coded as 'Light' spells for the purposes of Just Rewards (I know it's strange - I didn't code the game). In any case, without the benefit of metamagic feats, most of your alignment spells are going to be horrible (interruptible, low DC, low spell power). So we're really just talking about a single spell: Holy Smite.

Now, in theory you can stack both Light and Negative spellpower on gear, potentially ending up with slightly more Negative spellpower for Holy Smite. But if you're stacking Negative to the exclusion of Light, you're basically arguing that Holy Smite is so awesome that it's worth gimping Flame Strike and Divine Wrath (as well as all of your single target spells). I can't buy that argument given that it only hits for full power against a tiny fraction of potential enemies - and even at 'full', it's still not your best AE spell.

Community Member

Alignment spells aren't coded as 'Light' spells for the purposes of Just Rewards.
    A lantern ring enables any damaging spell to be a light spell for just rewards, since it adds light spell power damage.

If you are ever playing a caster with poor mana/dmg efficiency or mana pool, can splash 2 fvs and add a lantern ring. Grab a master of X feat (prefer AoE spells for chance to proc just rewards), and spam your low level spells affected by it.

End up with almost free (prefer AoE) dps. Saves tons of mana for necro this way.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-22-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Community Member

if i was to make a cleric 17 paladin 3 build i would go aureon dragonborn necro, death domain build.
    dragonborn gets you the extra spell pen and evo dc's while going death domain gets you the extra
    necro dc's and turn undead. win win and more win.

your friend sil

Community Member

for clerivast my gear set at the moment is as follows
    Trinket:- Von Richtens specticles
    Armor:- Legendary Scales of the Exile
    Head :- Legendary Hardened Hide
    Neck :- Legendary Dawn Heralds Charm (to be swapped to Fleetfoot Necklace asap)
    Trinket:- Legendary Cursebane Focus ( swap to :- pale lavender, Bauble, litany as needed)
    Cloak:- Legendary Mantle of fury
    Belt :- Legendary Silverthread
    Ring 1 :- Legendary Deathwarden
    Ring 2 :- Legendary Chieften (only for the +4 quality wis)
    Gloves :- Legendary Gauntlets of Innate Arcanuum
    Boots :- Legendary Fleetfoot Grieves
    Bracers:- Legendary Lore Fuelled Backpacker
    Shield :- Legendary Mirror Plate
    Main Hand :- Nightmothers Sceptre

stats atm running in unyeilding sentinal
    Aasimmar 17 cleric 3 paly
    2068 hp, 3891 sp, 169 ac, 354% fortification 180 prr, 151 mrr (blocking), saves Fortitude 79, Reflex 66, Will 94.
    Main:- Clerivast - 3rd life - 30 Cleric, Alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 30, 12 Monk , 6 Ranger, 2 Fighter
    Alt:- Vastano 3rd life 30 Monk
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Nice stats,
    About what I expected, but wasn't sure

I'm most interested in,
    What did you take for feats?

And how did you play it?
    As a dd in ea?
    And then radiant in us for raids?

I've got a new gearset,
    Now that the armor is up
    Also got null,
    So thinking of test driving this on Kil
    Vishantii (the bird man)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Nice stats,
    About what I expected, but wasn't sure

I'm most interested in,
    What did you take for feats?

And how did you play it?
    As a dd in ea?
    And then radiant in us for raids?

I've got a new gearset,
    Now that the armor is up
    Also got null,
    So thinking of test driving this on Kil
    feats i took almost as stated in build however as aasimar i lost 1 feat no worries took tower plate prof from the aasimar enh tree
    also managed to take enlarge spell by dropping heighten
    pretty much run in us whole time as radiant but gone from back line to tanking healer abviosly dependant on the skull rating

i have 62 con 78 wis (should be able to push the wis to 80 once i get fleetfoot which will take me to 4k plus sp) and 50 cha

All in all i love this build and with the surviveability makes life much easier
    Main:- Clerivast - 3rd life - 30 Cleric, Alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 30, 12 Monk , 6 Ranger, 2 Fighter
    Alt:- Vastano 3rd life 30 Monk
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Vish the imploder
    17/3 cleric paladin
    LG of olladra
    Luck domain
    Human

Str 8
    Dex 10
    Con 14
    Int 10
    Wis 18 +7
    Cha 16
    +6 tomes

1 cleric empower heal
    Feat shield mastery
    3 cleric maximize
    6 cleric empower
    9 cleric imp shield mastery
    12 cleric quicken
    15 cleric heighten
    18-20 paladin sf evoc

21 arcane insight
    24 intensify
    26 sp light or pos
    27 ?wellspring
    28 mass frog
    29 fount of life
    30 Celestia
    ? Completionist?

Any thought appreciated.
    i personaly would take off wellspring at 27 and completionist at 30 and instead take Ruin and greater Ruin (for Epic Boss Killing)
    instead of empower or empower healing (empower probaly the better choice to take off tough) i would swap in Completionist then instead

Default Revised gear set 30

Ya, this is a theory build. Haven't built it yet, so untested as to what it neededs. I put completionist in there for Kil, not vish, vish ain't that. So I'd prob keep wellspring and take bogw at 30 for vish.
    Thing is, I'm not set up for force power. So ruins would be weak. I'm set up for light fire, and I'm not wearing a Pansophic or using the scepter to get any adds. Tho you could wield it in off hand, or use the flame sphere. That'd be for nuking, for raids you prob scroll masters tough and use a tower shield.

Here is revised gearset.
    Vish 17/3 gearset
    Head open. Hardened hide for Sorc.
    Insightful Fortification +92%
    Quality Magical Sheltering +11
    Natural Armor +17
    Quality Constitution +4
    Green Augment Slot

Neck slavers 17/4 con resist14 sorc
    Goggles richtovens goggles 20 dex 16 reflex 50 mrr adherant
    Trinket Hands of the Dawn Healer, Devotion +208, Healing Lore +30, Magical Efficiency 10%, Heal +22, Blue Slot, Green slot, adherent
    Swap rad lore sorc

Body Scales of exile +15 Enhancement Bonus
    Fortification +202% Parrying +9 Ins Wisdom +9 Ins Con +9
    Blue Augment Slot

Cloak Legendary Silverthread Cloak?*Wisdom +19, Insightful Evocation Focus +4, Fortification +202%, Physical Sheltering +50, Yellow Augment Slot, Adherent

Bracers slavers falselife68, devotion185 sf6 Qwis4 sorc
    Belt Silverthread (+202 EnhPosSP, Adherent)
    Ring1 swap 17/4cha rad185 sorc
    Ring2 spinneret Qsf2 lore15 spellpen7 Qpotency32 sorc
    Boots flightfoot (adherent)
    Hands Innate Arcanum (19cha4, +412 Wiz, Adherent)
    Swap hamp ins devotion., swap ins rad

Night mothers scepter.sf7, inssf4. Spellpen8, inssp4

Off hand
    Null
    Off hand:
    Devotion +208
    Insightful Devotion +104
    Healing Lore +30
    Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing II

Either hand:
    Spellcasting Implement +29
    +15 Enhancement Bonus
    Orange Augment Slot
    Red Augment Slot
    Mythic Weapon Boost +2 or +4

Notes
    This is my working setup for vish the Imploder
    Kil has null, so I included it in seeing the trade offs
    But the one item I don't have is the trinket. I'm about half way rune wise to getting it. But I always like to start with the end in mind, so I included it.
    There is enough for 5 pc slavers and adherent. Tho likely will lose the adherent until I get the trinket. But the swap is for dd ea so the light items over the devotion items. But when I get the trinket it should be a solid healer. Plus magical efficacy, so I don't have to slot a Pansophic.
    Because the goal is to run two different builds. The nuker for questing, and the radiant for raids.
    Vishantii (the bird man)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Ok tr vish into this build
    I will leave Kil parked at 30 for white plume mountain
    I took a primal past life for colors1
    And will take a racial human
    I think vish has 3 cleric lives
    The only thing I'm gonna change is take enlarge for imp shield mastery
    So that will be swap at 12
    Gonna be sniping with laser beams
    Vishantii (the bird man)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Default The woes of a cleric

Ok,
    This is gonna be painful
    I'm gonna hafta tell myself that I'll be needed at 30
    But it don't look like no fun getting there
    So far, lvl3, ran a couple waterworks
    The first was he, and we had a full group
    So I just mostly piked
    Everything was going down pretty fast without my help
    Ya my nimbus of light SLA
    That does barely half hp on a kobold
    But I do have soundburst
    But haven't really got it to work yet
    I mean, I'm on a third lifer
    36 pt human build. Got max wis
    But I'm luck, and using a sickle
    I was charging into combat and swinging away
    But I'm not built for combat, and it does weak damage
    So I've got no offense
    And meager defenses. No epic pl
    But I do have +6 tomes
    And I saw I had 11 reaper points.
    So compare that to the second run
    It was just me and a lvl3 warlock
    Doing r1
    But we were 3 so didn't have any reaper points figured in
    And the warlock soloed the whole dungeon
    As I just stood around not trying to draw aggro
    Such is the woes of a support toon

Ya, but I got 2 now to run
    One heroics and one legendary
    So between the both I should make good use out of my time
    Actually I'm excited to try divine disciple
    I've never run it, so it's something new
    I mean, I kinda know it's not gonna measure up
    But vish has always been a cleric,
    And I don't mind having a support toon parked at 30
    But I'll lament the story the whole way

Edit
    Oh ya
    Had a major snafu during character creation
    Did fine until got to the appearance screen
    The suddenly I get message to please wait
    Never saw that before, didn't know what was going on
    I mean, I hadn't had a chance to do his appearance
    And it kicked me out to the character screen
    It went past appearance straight to creation
    So I was kinda ****ed off
    It was close to what vish looked like, but wrong hai and beard,
    And wrong eyes and color of skin
    But I could live with it
    And I was worried alignment was wrong, since I have to go paladin
    But it was default? To lawful good, so I was ok
    Don't know how to change anything, have to recreate the toon
    He looks like an Amish farmer
    Not what I wanted,
    But I can live with it
    Last edited by Vish; 07-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Vishantii (the bird man)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Lvl4
    Ok reconfigured ap, put it all into dd
    Got searing light SLA
    Configured reaper ap gave me like 170 hp
    So then I did harbor 2s with a 4 ftr hire
    That went pretty well
    I was able to soundburst cc, and throw out my 2 SLA
    Together is enough to usual take down a kobold warrior
    So I mostly soloed harbor with a hire
    Was able to turn and destroy undead,
    Even tho I got no points in rs
    So base turning at low levels is decent
    But soundburst is still jiggy
    Sometimes it casts in wrong place, and misses everything
    Sometimes it doesn't hit tgts
    So it seems like good cc, but I'm having trouble getting it to work
    But the hire wasn't really taking any damage,
    And I was SLA and soundburst
    Mostly emptying spell pool
    But seem like I had enough between shrines
    So did those and got to 5
    So now I'm gonna do catacombs and see how I do in there
    Then some 3bc
    And prob necro
    But the trick is running with others
    Haven't been many low level rerolls on during my couple days there
    And I can't really solo, but passable with a hire
    Yeah, now I'm 5 so can catch the reapers 7s
    So I'm out of the hole and running
    5 is also where I start putting on gear
    I've got some 5s and 6s and 7s for gear
    Haven't got a slavers sorcery set tho
    Like I said all my gear was weighted towards monk
    But I've got some mitral armors
    Legacy loot from all those years ago
    But now it's basically build up caster gear
    Another light build, so it'll be useful
    But the spells I got coming up are actual spells and not SLA
    So I guess I'm gonna hafta invest into efficient metamagic
    Because I took maximize and empower at 1 -and 3
    To crank the SLAs
    But in a group I'll just be piker cleric
    That's ok
    I'm old school
    Very used to standing around and watching a fight
    It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it
    Vishantii (the bird man)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Default Lvl 6

Ha,
    The bestest thing about 5 and luck,
    You get displacement
    So sweet
    I haven't used it much yet, but 30 sec is for a fight
    I'll be looking to see how much more time I get as I level
    Did catacombs and another waterworks
    Just testing the build
    Put on some lvl 5 gear
    Got some wis goggles and con and str and speed
    Need radiance
    In catacombs, was turning the Skellies
    The ghouls and others just froze
    But also the 2 SLA do great damage to undead
    And they cost almost no sp, so cast them a lot
    But I was with a group running elite, and we pretty much zerged it
    Lotta stais in that quest
    I was thinking of respect into radiant
    But we had a healer cleric along too
    And she was turning as well
    Had 3 clerics in the group actually
    Third was paladin splash
    Doing soundburst and Cleve
    But I'm feeling better about contributing
    But maybe clerics are op at low level heroics
    Lotta undead, so they valued
    Idk I'll find out as I go along
    But I was getting kills, so that's some measure
    Haven't seen a sickle drop yet
    I'll have to look on my Druid and see if I have any
    I don't think so, but I keep some odd items
    Also have to look my slavers gear
    And see what I can convert to sorcery
    Most is mights?
    But I have a cha ring I think, and maybe radiance on it
    And a wisdom rin, and con neck, and str bracers
    Haven ran a shield yet
    Gotta worry arcane failure?
    I can't remember can clerics cast no fail with a shield?
    Been so long

And the other thing
    About public lfms
    Yesterday, when I was running quests solo,
    I put up lfm for catacombs
    Did up the lfm right,
    But when I stepped in the quest it made me leader of a public lfm,
    And it changed the level range from like 2-5, to 2-6
    Increased it one and I had to change it
    But I don't know why it's making my lfm public?
    Is that something I have to change in options?
    Never had it happen this way
    Will have to investigate more

But displacement for the win
    Now if they'd only give displacement to core18 warpriest
    Then we might have a real winner
    Vishantii (the bird man)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

But when I stepped in the quest it made me leader of a public lfm,
    And it changed the level range from like 2-5, to 2-6
    Increased it one and I had to change it
    But I don't know why it's making my lfm public?
    Is that something I have to change in options?
    Ive been watching the thread, saw this. Its on the quest entrance box, lower right hand corner. There's a gear icon, it's there

Still waiting for updates to the build,.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast