Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72
  1. #1
    Community Member Fenix93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    260

    Default I really like the anniversary gift...and I'm curious for the layout of Jorasco...

    I saw the pictures of the new armor that will be given away for the 12th anniversary and I find them very beautiful in texture, even for the model that is similar to ToEE's armor, and I always tried to drop one of those sets ... for collecting...

    Here is a preview of the cosmetics lost from the 37.4 patches:

    Cosmetic Robe



    Cosmetic Medium Armor



    Cosmetic Heavy Armor



    Cosmetic Light Docent



    Cosmetic Heavy Docent


    But one thing ... there is written that you can redeem 1 per character ... so I guess that ... if I log in all my 9 characters I can receive the gift on each one of them ... or am I wrong?

    The other thing ... and I'm curious about the new layout of Jorasco ... what will happen so interesting in that place?
    Last edited by Fenix93; 02-21-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"


  2. #2
    Community Member Heathir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    274

    Default

    I am meh on the cosmetics. Compared to last years free quiver for everyone the armor is kind of a let down, but its free. Bound to character rather than account is another slight issue with it. I guess alts can grab it.

  3. #3
    Community Member Fenix93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    I am meh on the cosmetics. Compared to last years free quiver for everyone the armor is kind of a let down, but its free. Bound to character rather than account is another slight issue with it. I guess alts can grab it.
    Mmm ... manon I would say a disappointment ... in general DDO does not have great cosmetics to dall'update 36 and GnomeWork have a crime at times of beautiful cosmetics, and then ... the objects in general of Ravenloft are very beautiful (except some cases) for me and good.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"


  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    I kinda dig em, but very meh on getting cosmetics. It's like getting underwear for Christmas (this has never happened to me thank you Santa) it's a ***.

  5. #5
    Community Member MasterKernel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    Here is a preview of the cosmetics lost from the 37.4 patches:
    'cos it's SO hard to go look at the patchnotes' page for the pictures, yeah. :-\

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    The other thing ... and I'm curious about the new layout of Jorasco ... what will happen so interesting in that place?
    So… Maybe you should stop making pointless posts, log in into the game and see the changes for yourself ? It's easy, you know.

  6. #6
    Community Member simo0208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    It’s a dumb gift. It’s a btc bank filler. Yay.

  7. #7
    Community Member sithhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    'cos it's SO hard to go look at the patchnotes' page for the pictures, yeah. :-\


    So… Maybe you should stop making pointless posts, log in into the game and see the changes for yourself ? It's easy, you know.
    Eat a sammich, man, you’re getting cranky.

    Thanks for the post Fenix93
    Last edited by sithhound; 02-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member sithhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default So many cosmetics

    Any chance we could get a coatrack or suitcase, some sort of bag to hold our extra cosmetics?

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sithhound View Post
    Any chance we could get a coatrack or suitcase, some sort of bag to hold our extra cosmetics?
    THIS WOULD BE A FANTASTIC ANNIVERSARY GIFT! I'm betting though that they create it to sell in the DDO store.

  10. #10
    Community Member Loromir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    'cos it's SO hard to go look at the patchnotes' page for the pictures, yeah. :-\


    So… Maybe you should stop making pointless posts, log in into the game and see the changes for yourself ? It's easy, you know.
    Why so cynical?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.


    Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Until they add a way to better manage cosmetics they are more of a hindrance than a reward. BTC? - no thank you.

  12. #12
    Community Member zehnvhex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caarb View Post
    Until they add a way to better manage cosmetics they are more of a hindrance than a reward. BTC? - no thank you.
    Seconded. We are fast approaching the need for a wardrobe system similar to how pets work. There's only so many armor/weapon models in the game.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

  13. #13
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    The other thing ... and I'm curious about the new layout of Jorasco ... what will happen so interesting in that place?
    I think in the Producer's Letter, Sev mentioned something about an update later this year that involves House J needing our help dealing with a plague of sorts.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    I like the fixes in the patch and that some of the tweaks seem to be based on common sense (like bringing the teleport people inside)

    I would have liked the robe to be a bit more standout but I thought the armours were nice. If I stand in a public area I often get tells asking where I get the golden remnant armour from, so I know quite a few people do like cosmetics

    Yes a cosmetics bag would have made a great anniversary gift

  15. #15
    Community Member Heathir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    I like the fixes in the patch and that some of the tweaks seem to be based on common sense (like bringing the teleport people inside)

    I would have liked the robe to be a bit more standout but I thought the armours were nice. If I stand in a public area I often get tells asking where I get the golden remnant armour from, so I know quite a few people do like cosmetics

    Yes a cosmetics bag would have made a great anniversary gift

    The armor isnt "wow" enough for anniversary event. If it had the color changes, etc like mabar armor i might be more impressed, but greyscale armor isnt that impressive.

  16. #16
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    The armor isnt "wow" enough for anniversary event. If it had the color changes, etc like mabar armor i might be more impressed, but greyscale armor isnt that impressive.
    What about the kobold sentient jewel thats in the reward list?

  17. #17
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I think in the Producer's Letter, Sev mentioned something about an update later this year that involves House J needing our help dealing with a plague of sorts.
    I heard a rumor that there is a faction of the Silver Flame trying to bring the Duality to house J, that is why there is so many undead. The library has a few books that discuss this... This is also why Fred hangs out there, it is easier to feed if everyone is walking around like a zombie

  18. #18
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,709

    Default

    I like them more than the random loot armor my characters wear. My Barb has a cosmetic medium armor now. My Vanguard won't stop using his Reaper cosmetic armor though. My 'forged finally gets a cosmetic docent armor. Too bad no cosmetic light armor for my ranger.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  19. #19
    Community Member sithhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default Why are the cosmetics racially restricted?

    I like the new cosmetics, but why are there separate docent cosmetics? I think it would have made more sense to make robe/oufit/light armor/medium armor/heavy armor versions. The separate docent versions are especially silly since RTR’ing is so big right now. The RL cosmetics are not racially restricted, so it’s not like it is necessary.

  20. #20
    Community Member MistaMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    760

    Thumbs down Abysmal for a Birthday gift

    After last years also abysmal gift I did think that SSG would do better. From Severlin's letter ``We will also be doing a bit of work on the Anniversary Event, including some new event rewards, as we celebrate DDO's 12th year! We will have a special gift for players as well, but do not want to spoil the surprise.``, I am not sure what is special about what we are getting as it will be unclaimed by me. Well Sev,
    ``The reason we are here is because YOU are here, and we look forward to hearing from you`` You are hearing from me ITS RUBBISH
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 42, 46, 21, 36, 103. EvilOzz 33, 42, 6, 21, 63. Ozzistheworst 31, 32, 9, 1, 14. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload