Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default What one feature would you REMOVE from the game to make it better?

Rules:
    1. Can't be inherently bad (no removing bugs or lag...)
    2. Don't mention Reaper or True Reincarnations, people already talk about that plenty.
    3. Should just be a feature of the current game, not just a previous version of the game.

BB & Hard/Elite streak bonuses. They disincentive the running of anything other than Elite/reaper. I've had to leave groups after I arrived at the entrance and found that they're doing Normal Every so often we get people on the forums complaining that their 100+ streak was ruined by running something other than Elite. I also don't think we really need all that extra XP anyway.

Runner up would be the Astral shard system, or at least how intrusive it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Bounty Hunter

Reaper trees. I know you said not to mention reaper, but it's so far the #1 I had to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Reaper trees. I know you said not to mention reaper, but it's so far the #1 I had to mention it.
    crowns. Just because they slow down my hamster wheel.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Dungeon alert. Hated it when they implemented it. Now I just dislike it.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Aselrik View Post
    Rules:
    2. Don't mention Reaper or True Reincarnations, people already talk about that plenty.
    3. Should just be a feature of the current game, not just a previous version of the game.
    Do epeen measures count?

Remove individual Contribution Counters (Kills, Traps, Breakables) and consolidate as Party Accomplishments.

Then let the mindset of "Party Success" > "Individual Success" pervade all aspects of game design.

Or, if that's not viable then I'd like to see the "kill counter" reworked to credit whomever "erased the most HP value" to more accurately represent who's responsible for what; rather than leaving it as just a reporter of who landed the last hit (or who Fingered it when already near death or...).
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 02-14-2018 at 03:33 AM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Rules:
    True seeing >.> Make assassins great again!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    True seeing >.> Make assassins great again!
    Nooooo, I like my True Seeing. (I know you mean for mobs, but hey, I use it too so I can't judge too much.)

For me, it would either be dungeon alert (which was mentioned above) or generic spell materials. I know it's a tiny, inconsequential thing, but having to stock up on materials (or waste a feat on Eschew, which is hard for most builds) is basically just an annoyance at this point. It serves no gameplay purpose anymore and just clutters up inventories. Ammo makes sense, because better ammo helps, and special spells requiring components is fine because they're special, I guess, but it works much better in a tabletop game and not a video game, where you can just run to a vendor and buy a stack of 1000 that magically store in your inventory space. Plus, casting focuses and generic component pouches offer alternatives in 5e, so there's even a PnP precedent for this change (sure, it's a later version, but how much as DDO stuck faithfully to 3.5 anyway?).
    I take back the nasty things I've said about bards. Bards are pretty cool.

I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.

Community Member

Dungeon Alert

When a monster spots you your character goes into the auto-attack stance so you know something is coming for you even if you can not see it.

This is a totally ridiculous thing that ruins immersion completely.

Turning off auto attack just because I search for something, use the buff bar on the airship or whatever seems to be doing this to annoy me.

If I have auto attack on then suspend it when needed, sure, but turn it back on automatically afterwards.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Community Member

Rules:
    Less of these big down times we get every week or on a different day and time so the same people don't have suffer every week.

Community Member

The Warlock class.

Community Member

Rules:
    For the sentient filigree things to have there own spot in the auction and shard exchange. it very frustrating having to go though the augments with them all in there. And would it not be better and easier for all of those who have the pack not having to deal with augments being scatted between them all.

#1 - Bleh, you won't let me mention the "Elephant in the room" so I am going to go with...

2a) Dungeon Alert. Developers are designing content around it now to add challenge. Fully scaled dungeons on Elite should never have a DA when you are "sniffing flowers."

2b) New group agro mechanic. It's not like DA is bad enough, but when all of the "Kobald's buddy's 5 rooms down" joins the party too...
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Very long quests where you have to protect an NPC with the survivabilty of a paper bag in a thunderstorm - if they die the quest fails and you have to start all over again... and again ... and again ... etc.

Remove walk up mail boxes,banks, and AH. Let us access them from a drop down menu or icon. No need to walk 10 minutes to access all these things. Consolidate ship cargo amenities.
    (Combat): You were killed by something.

Dungeon alert and the harried mechanic. Especially the quests where it seems to have been designed to punish players by triggering DA Red/Harried without the player doing anything "wrong", such as dragging mobs from room to room throughout the dungeon.

If I'm allowed another one, the dizzying spiked chains. I despise those. Especially when the shadar kai start swinging, and a second later you have six or eight stacks, even though he barely swung it once.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield (Heroic Completionist, Epic Completionist.)

Sole member of Guinness Knights (Level 121)

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kraizimiklune View Post
    The Warlock class.
    Removing ranged classes seems like a better suggestion.

Many things come to mind, but first thing for sure

I would remove bravery streak. I know I can turn mine off but I can't turn others off. With no bravery streak there would be a bit wider range of levels for lfm.

Now, the truth I would change - not remove but change - is totally remove reaper, totally remove 'legendary' and return to the old 'epic' difficulty. Aka each quest has normal, hard, elite and epic difficulty (yeah remove casual altogether) no matter the actual level of the quest. So 'epic' gianthold quests would instead be regular gianthold quests only of level 13-14 but also have an epic difficulty. This would save me from being served the same soup reheated. You would still have quests with level higher than 20, for example impossible demands would be a level 21 quest, 22 at hard, 23 at elite and would also have an 'endgame' difficulty of epic (without ranges from 1-10 like reaper has).
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast