Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Add new cap lvl 20 druid Forms

Add earth elemental Forms?
    Add Air Elemental forms?
    Last edited by XmortalX; 02-08-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Community Member

i would also like to say it would be nice if flameblade scailed alot better than it does now, also seeing
    a ice blade as a multi selector would be fantastic but only if it scales better or whats the point.

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by XmortalX View Post
    Add Electric Elemental forms?
    That would be an Air Elemental.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    That would be an Air Elemental.
    updated lol

Cool F i n a l l y !

Existing Enhancement Trees revamped and new tree "Nature's Protector" added.
    Another melee tree ? :-( Oh, well. I was hoping for the healing one.

Water and Fire Elemental form will now grant 65% Absorption to their element, instead of Damage Reduction, and 15% Vulnerability to their opposite element. The bonus will not stack with Fire Shields or Energy Sheath.
    While it's OK to not stack with the Spell, while shouldn't it stuck with the Destiny ?

Master of the Elements: Gain 5/10/15 spell power in your season. Passive rank 3: If the character has 17 druid levels they gain anger of the noonday sun or mantle of icy when changing in the appropriate elemental form. This effect costs 8 spells points when it occurs.
    Anger of the Noonday Sun is a terrible buff. It should be reworked.

Nature's Wellspring: The effects of your shillelagh are doubled. +1 max caster level in your active season
    Shillelagh ? Why would you put this into the caster's tree ? O_o

Autumnal Susurrus and Winter's Heart are gone… Not updated to some strong wersions, but gone. Well, it doesn't matter much I think.

2×Efficient MetaMagic + Efficient Heighten ? Why ? Sadly, they don't lower the SP cost enough to invest points in these.

The SLAs line is 1 tier lower. Yay ! And a new SLA too ! But Salt Ray ? That spell does something like "nothing at all". You should rework the spell first or (and ?) choose another one for the SLA. (Maybe some new spell/SLA ?)
    Plus, only 1 new SLA feels like it's not enough, IMO. Especially, after Clerics got tons of the new SLAs within Domains. Maybe you can combine Child of Summer and Child of Winter into one, and squeeze another SLA (Flame Strike/Wall of Fire (!!!)/Sunbeam) into the Cores ? Pretty please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    Wisdom to hit/damage was an option we considered, and haven't ruled out entirely. We're waiting to see how the pass pans out a little more first. Druids hybrid ability is to encouraged to a degree, but at the same time we don't want to create a top tier dpser that has full spell pool for nothing but earth quake and healing on the side because that will then eclipse many melee builds.

-T

I think that evening out all classes is not good for the game. It is good to have some builds be better, especially multiclass, as that rewards players that know the game. Pure is the easy button, but easy is no fun.
    Gwhyn Saige - heroic and epic completionist, loving the EK build
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...elee-wizard-EK

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Mmmm rage bearians. Nice! I guess I won't delete that bank toon that I thought was a waste of a build.

Great work so far and makes me reroll/tr at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    There'll definitely be more Druid-friendly heavy armor options in the future, but in the meantime I'll point you at the one from Update 35: Scales of Avarice, which drop in the quest Black and Blue.
    Still, first option is at 10, and named.

Might I suggest a new lootgen heavy? Something like Direpelt, made from hides of Dire beasts (and thus sturdier and heavier than hide armor)? You could even use it as a basis for neat things like a named Direbear pelt that actually looks like you're wearing a bear. Barbarians will fight over getting one of those to use a mirror on!

Bounty Hunter

Default Primal Avatar SLAs need a boost to help Druid Casters

Primal avatar is a niche tree for tree builds. Please consider boosting the SLAs so it's a consideration for caster druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    There are some Epic Feats that help boost the cap for certain spells. For example, Call Lightning has a maximum caster level of 15, but with the Master of the Wilds feat it will have a maximum caster level of 25. A pure Druid at level 20 will have a caster level of 20 and if they are in Primal Avatar or another Primal Sphere Epic Destiny that has been maxed out, they will have a caster level of 25.

One reason why spells don't scale with character level is that some spells don't scale damage but scale the number of projectiles (Magic Missile, Scorching Ray, Frost Lance, etc). Because of this, if you had a level 30 character casting Magic Missile, they would be firing off 15 missiles every time they cast the spell which would be a Shiradi's dream but too powerful.
    From a purely damage standpoint (removing the 15 hit proc for Shiradi) a level 30 magic missle would be a little bit under par of an Eldritch Wave from T5 Soul Eater. Which to me would be a solid boon to arcanes for bringing them up to the modern caster DPS standard.

I am hangpy. That is, happy and angry.

I am very happy about: many things. The responsiveness in this thread, the general retooling, gawd, all kinds of stuff. This is great.

I am VERY ANGRY. You waited until the week after I finally TRd to a caster druid when all I've ever wanted to play with Druids was a pure druid bear tank. Its just been pointless trying up to now. And so now. After years of waiting, after two false starts where I just deleted the character at about L7-8 in frustration because I just didn't feel it, after I finally cave and TR into a caster druid just to support my guildies on the TR train... YOU GO AND REVAMP BLOODY BEAR NOW I'VE BUILT A CHARACTER WHOLLY UNSUITED TO IT. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TAKES ME TO RUN 1-20 WHY GOD WHYYYYYY WHEN DO I GET TO SEE THE SAILBOAT?!!!.

Thank you. And also I hate you.

But mostly thank you.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 02-08-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Primal avatar is a niche tree for tree builds. Please consider boosting the SLAs so it's a consideration for caster druids.
    I agree with this whole-heartedly. Tsunami is nice except that it washes away Earthquakes which is really unhelpful. I really like Insidious Spores but due to the lack of Poison Spellpower and the 30 sp cost, it's costly to stack it up on enemies. Primal Avatar could certainly use new Tier 5 and Tier 6 abilities for casters as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Could Nature's Protector be renamed to "Ursine Avatar" and the tree be split into multiselector roles?

I think it's fair to say that the community of druids have been split on what bears can do for a long time, and the current idea of the tree seems to reflect that. There's a clear lack of decisive decision making on whether or not the tree is purely a tank or a tank DPS hybrid like vanguard (albeit severely weaker).

I think it would be easier to diverge them into two different playstyles within the same tree. For the more DPS oriented make use of the rage theme, as bears are often the personification of nature's wrath. For the tanky bear? They should have elemental absorption built in, fear immunity, a hearty amount of PRR for shrugging off attacks from their thick hide.

I however, hope the devs have listened to the years of feedback about THF glancing blow style bonuses for bears. Both types would need this to keep aggro/deal damage. A good tank needs an insane amount of threat generation to even garner aggro, they need sustained hate (DPS) to keep that aggro off actual DPSers. This is what makes the vanguard tree useful. One can go purely DPS oriented with Vanguard if they wish, or they can splash points into it as an actual Defender tank to get some useful aggro sustaining damage and CC.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    I am hangpy. That is, happy and angry.

I am very happy about: many things. The responsiveness in this thread, the general retooling, gawd, all kinds of stuff. This is great.

I am VERY ANGRY. You waited until the week after I finally TRd to a caster druid when all I've ever wanted to play with Druids was a pure druid bear tank. Its just been pointless trying up to now. And so now. After years of waiting, after two false starts where I just deleted the character at about L7-8 in frustration because I just didn't feel it, after I finally cave and TR into a caster druid just to support my guildies on the TR train... YOU GO AND REVAMP BLOODY BEAR NOW I'VE BUILT A CHARACTER WHOLLY UNSUITED TO IT. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TAKES ME TO RUN 1-20 WHY GOD WHYYYYYY WHEN DO I GET TO SEE THE SAILBOAT?!!!.

Thank you. And also I hate you.

But mostly thank you.
    good news is that you have months before this sees the light of day, to cap and tr back into a bear and play it from lvl 1.

There are some Epic Feats that help boost the cap for certain spells. For example, Call Lightning has a maximum caster level of 15, but with the Master of the Wilds feat it will have a maximum caster level of 25. A pure Druid at level 20 will have a caster level of 20 and if they are in Primal Avatar or another Primal Sphere Epic Destiny that has been maxed out, they will have a caster level of 25.
    Of course, I know there are such feats but:
    1. they do what the spells should have anyway
    2. they add only 10 maximum caster level so some spells lifted from ridiculous 5 caps to sill, not sufficient 15
    3. they apply only on a few spells.
    This feat is a good idea but they should apply to all spells of one kind. e.g. mastery of light spells should enhance all spells that do light damage and because spells should be uncapped those feats could increase the character level when you cast the spell by 3 e.g.

One reason why spells don't scale with character level is that some spells don't scale damage but scale the number of projectiles (Magic Missile, Scorching Ray, Frost Lance, etc). Because of this, if you had a level 30 character casting Magic Missile, they would be firing off 15 missiles every time they cast the spell which would be a Shiradi's dream but too powerful.
    Also here I know of course that the spells scale differently but there is no spell so far that caps beyond 20 (Storm of vengeance at 25 would be an exception after this druid pass)
    And of course, you can not blindly make such spells uncapped, you must look into each spell then, this is why I say you must give them matching dices (or the number of projectiles or other things depending on the spells).
    The point is all abilities including spells should scale with the character level, so all of them are not too strong in low level and also not too weak at level 30.
    Of course, I don't want spells overpowered at level 30 but I want all of them useful if any possible.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    Of course, I know there are such feats but:
    1. they do what the spells should have anyway
    2. they add only 10 maximum caster level so some spells lifted from ridiculous 5 caps to sill, not sufficient 15
    3. they apply only on a few spells.
    This feat is a good idea but they should apply to all spells of one kind. e.g. mastery of light spells should enhance all spells that do light damage and because spells should be uncapped those feats could increase the character level when you cast the spell by 3 e.g.

Also here I know of course that the spells scale differently but there is no spell so far that caps beyond 20 (Storm of vengeance at 25 would be an exception after this druid pass)
    And of course, you can not blindly make such spells uncapped, you must look into each spell then, this is why I say you must give them matching dices (or the number of projectiles or other things depending on the spells).
    The point is all abilities including spells should scale with the character level, so all of them are not too strong in low level and also not too weak at level 30.
    Of course, I don't want spells overpowered at level 30 but I want all of them useful if any possible.
    The idea of the Master feats applying to all spells of one kind is an idea I could get behind. I only wonder about Master of the Wilds because there are multiple types of spells so it would have to extend to all Druid spells.

There are a number of spells that cap beyond 20 or have no cap at all. Polar Ray caps at 25, and I don't think Necrotic Ray or Sunbeam cap at all. I know there are more examples but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Some spells I thinks really should have no cap such as Splinterbolt. It's a cool spell but once you get into Epic levels it's pretty useless. Spike Growth is another that could use a damage boost and I think it should extend to 30 seconds to match Blade Barrier and other AOE spells instead of being 15 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    ... After years of waiting, after two false starts where I just deleted the character at about L7-8 in frustration because...
    VIP get an UNDELETE feature for free of charge.
    Make out a special ticket.
    Usually within a few days.

If you aren't VIP, you could sub for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Neat.

Sorcerer Capstone needs to have spell casting penalty removed for starters.
    Looking forward to seeing your (or others) ideas on the subject.
    Not sure what you mean here as I don't find the spell casting penalty to opposing element a problem. You shouldn't be really taking any/many spells from those that oppose your main. My main issue is the extra 10% extra spell point cost while in Savant form that negates the spell point cost reduction you get from the 10 epic levels.

Though as it stand i tend to skip putting points into a secondary Savant and spend them in Eldrtich, Harper and racial. This mean i can still use 2 other schools that don't oppose my main.

Sorcerers could do with a real 3rd prestige as Eldridtch Knight just offers some defensive bonuses such as Shield spell, HP, Wand and Scroll Mastery and Arcane Barrier for most casters.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 02-08-2018 at 05:21 PM.

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Scales of Avarice are great for a druid! I got it my last druid life and am using it for my cleric life now.
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Not sure what you mean here as I don't find the spell casting penalty to opposing element a problem. You shouldn't be really taking any/many spells from those that oppose your main. My main issue is the extra 10% extra spell point cost while in Savant form that negates the spell point cost reduction you get from the 10 epic levels.

Though as it stand i tend to skip putting points into a secondary Savant and spend them in Eldrtich, Harper and racial. This mean i can still use 2 other schools that don't oppose my main.

Sorcerers could do with a real 3rd prestige as Eldridtch Knight just offers some defensive bonuses such as Shield spell, HP, Wand and Scroll Mastery and Arcane Barrier for most casters.
    think air sorcs with stoneskin, or fire sorcs with reduced duration on fireshield cold, reduced duration on resist elements or reduced protection from protect elements etc

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast