Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default My guess is Baldur's Gate, what is yours?

The producers letter mentioned something long beloved is coming to DDO.

My guess is Baldur's Gate (dusts off the golden trousers), what is yours?

Community Member

Only Dark Sun! Only hardcore!

Psionics... Thri-kreens... Second domains for clerics... etc etc... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post

Ruins of Myth Drannor. It was the next module after the Slave lords after all.

I suspect there are licensing issues with DDO going towards the Sword Coast. That's where Neverwinter is setup. I think it more likely we would stay in the Dalelands region.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

He named it in the letter, White Plume Mountain.

Ah, you are discussing the next paragraph. Hmm, agree that Neverwinter probably has the Sword Coast locked up. Tomb of Horrors perhaps.
    Last edited by Melkazar; 02-03-2018 at 11:13 AM. Reason: update information
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    Member of the Silver Legion on Cannith

Sword coast is a no-no due to liscensing, Tomb of Horrors is my guess for the later-year one, though Myth Drannor is a pretty likely one too with it following on from Slave Lords and the link to Elminster.

A trip to Sigil would be my ultimate hope, but frankly I can't see that being remotely likely.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

I have spent enough time around former/current TSR/WotC employees to know that licensing of Forgotten Realms, and a lot of TSR era properties, is a total mess. That's actually the whole reason the contest that made Eberron was a thing, so that WotC would have complete control over a property.

So, certain properties are probably completely unavailable because of some contract with some other company who has exclusive gaming rights, even though I'm sure both us and SSG employees are fans. Because of the books, I'm going to guess anything from by R.A. Salvatore (Drizzt and Cleric Quintet), is going to be hard to get. Obviously, Ed Greenwood is pretty accommodating (he's also one of the folks who's told me all about the IP rights mess).

As an aside: If you like Dark Sun, I highly recommend the game-agnostic source book, Dragon Kings by Timothy Brown (who worked on the original). He ran a savage worlds version at a local con for me and some other people for ~12 hours, and it was a lot of fun. Even just reading the book is pretty fun, and since it's game-agnostic, it's easy to incorporate in any rpg. http://www.dragonkingsproject.com/tag/timothy-brown/

I'd love a planescape world, with easy central access to every other existing plane, but I don't see that happening for a couple of reasons. Mainly, WotC killed planescape because they felt it weakened their MtG planeswalker IP.

With all this said, I would love to see more Forgotten Realms, with like at least 1 quest for levels 5 through 15, with their own iconics.

You do realise other companies has the right to Baldur's gate right?

I don't ever expect to really see Sigil in DDO... but I can hope to see Sigil in DDO.
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Greyhawk, The Keep on the Borderlands, or anything along those lines would certainly open my wallet. Talk about a gold mine of revenue for SSG... Although it would not surprise me if we saw more of the Stonelands & the introduction of goblins in the process.

Oh, who are we kidding? Goblins can be at home in either locale, why not give us both?
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

A new starter area based on Keep of the Borderlands would make a great addition but my intuition tells me the Winds of Fate are blowing in a different direction. My money is on Tomb of Horrors.

Vexa the Dagger: What does it say?

Sophie the Cat Burglar: *brushes her black gloved hand across the old stone frieze, removing a thick layer of dust* The language is archaic but not ancient. It appears to be some kind of warning. Tomb ... of ... Horrors.

Vexa the Dagger: I guess Keep Out was too obvious.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: The great wizard who built this structure was a recluse. He was determined to foil death itself and continue his studies, forever. Most records regarding the construction of this place were destroyed. However, Kassie learned it contains many traps designed to prevent unwanted visitors from disturbing the lich within.

Vexa the Dagger: I suppose buying a mansion in a gated community and investing in the stock market was too obvious.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Hmmm. A long passage leading to a black globe. This feels like a trap. Oh! We are floating!

Vexa the Dagger: That happens to bubble heads.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Very funny. We are drifting towards that black thingy.

Vexa the Dagger: Throw something at it.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: *takes out a copper piece and throws it at the black globe* ZzzzAAAPP! Oh! It disintegrated the coin! I know what this is. It's a Sphere of Annhilation! How COOL!

Vexa the Dagger: Wait. We don't like disintegration. Disintegration is bad. Remember?

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Right. I'll just activate my Boots of Propulsion and... SWOOSH! There. Now we can summon some elementals to grab it for us.

*later*

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Oh, look. It's Ina and Willie.

Willie the Warlock: Where have you been??? This place is full of TRAPS!!!

Ina the Paladin: It' true, Sophie. Since you went down that side corridor Willie has been impaled on spikes, crushed under 50 tons of rock, drowned, and face planted into a pig sty.

Vexa the Dagger: Wait. This place has a pig sty?

Ina the Paladin: Willie had to dry out so we rested at a nearby farmstead. After Willie called my Goddess a Prudish Tart he suddenly fell in some pig slop.

Willie the Warlock: YOU TRIPPED ME!!!

Ina the Paladin: Such is the fate of evil.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Gotcha. We found a room without gravity and this! *holds up the Sphere of Annihilation*

Willie the Warlock: Is that TREASURE??? I paid 325 Astral Shards on rerolls and got NOTHING! I DESERVE THAT!!!

Vexa the Dagger: Sophie, I need to borrow your right hand a moment. Sure, Willie. Catch.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: *throws Sphere of Annihilation at Willie*

Willie the Warlock: YES! ZZzzzzzzAAAAPPPPPPP!!! WHAT THE $#%#%#!!! YOU DISINTEGRATED ME!!!

Ina the Paladin: Pew! Even his ashes smell like pig slop.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Uhhhh... Sorry! *picks up the Sphere of Annihilation with her special Sphere of Annihilation Handling Gloves +11 and puts it in her pink Time Purse*

Ina the Paladin: I would pray to my Goddess to restore you again, Willie, but you called her a Prudish Tart and she says you are on Time Out.

Willie the Warlock: This is what I get for adventuring with a couple of BADDIE CARE BEARS! Whatever. I am releasing to the Twelve. The experience and loot n this place sucks, anyway.

Ina the Paladin: Sometimes, the path forward is neither the quickest nor the most profitable.

Willie the Warlock: I don't speak Baddie Care Bear. I'm outta here.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Oh well. Should we head to Club Atraxia for facials and fruit smoothies?

Ina the Paladin: Even the most valiant warrior maiden must reserve time for quiet contemplation, facials, and fruit smoothies. I see the rightness and goodness of your plan.

Vexa the Dagger: How can a Goddess be a Prude and a Tart at the same time?
    Last edited by Annex; 02-03-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder

What letter?

I'm hoping it will be Waterdeep. That the wizards will get their familiars. Or at least we get gully dwarves. Groveling my way up the levels would be so much fun..

Yeah, I know gully dwarves won't happen. Still, I am hoping for the first two..
    A proud member of the Orien Guild Geezers Only.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

I don't ever expect to really see Sigil in DDO... but I can hope to see Sigil in DDO.
    To me there is no more beloved campaign than Planescape. I DM'ed it for years, often times I would start PC's off on a prime world campaign, then when they were ready, expose them to the truth...

And to me Planescape was about seeking the truth of the universe/multiverse. PC's from prime worlds typically assume the gods of their world are infinite and always were, not realizing that in reality their world and even their gods are but tiny specs in an unending vast multiverse filled with mortals, deities, and even beings far greater...

Honestly I could go on and on, I was devastated when they dropped PS, so much so that I only played D&D as a PC thereafter.

Also, If anyone here hasn't played the game Planescape:Torment. I highly recommend it, a truly special game.

P.S.
    I want Githzerai as a playable race. I love the lore and stoicism, and the idea that they gain power from their ideology. Just think of it, clerics that can worship and derive spells from concepts like 'good' without needing any deity, actually manifesting divine spells from their belief and force of will! As any cutter knows, belief is power...

Also I think Chi is right, if psionics are introduced they should be a universal enhancement tree, possibly 2 with one focused one defense and the other attack.

Eberron is pretty big, isn't it? There's the Droaam army thing, Khorvaire continent, etc. There is a lot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandwynn View Post
    I'm hoping it will be Waterdeep. That the wizards will get their familiars. Or at least we get gully dwarves. Groveling my way up the levels would be so much fun.. Yeah, I know gully dwarves won't happen. Still, I am hoping for the first two..
    Would love to see Water Deep. Lets romp through the dungeons like the old Eye of the Beholder TSR games. Undead and a Beholder boss at the end.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofus View Post
    Would love to see Water Deep. Lets romp through the dungeons like the old Eye of the Beholder TSR games. Undead and a Beholder boss at the end.
    Waterdeep > Undermountain > Skullport > Menzoberranzan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    Greyhawk, The Keep on the Borderlands, or anything along those lines would certainly open my wallet. Talk about a gold mine of revenue for SSG... Although it would not surprise me if we saw more of the Stonelands & the introduction of goblins in the process.

Oh, who are we kidding? Goblins can be at home in either locale, why not give us both?
    You give me Keep on the Borderlands (with explorer area quests AND Keep quests) and I pay cash for that. Hell if it's well I pay expansion pack cash for that but it wouldn't scale up very well unfortunately I don't think. Still Keep would be my jam all day long.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Eberron is pretty big, isn't it? There's the Droaam army thing, Khorvaire continent, etc. There is a lot to do.
    I'd be down for going to Khorvaire. I first thought Tomb of Horrors, but someone in another thread mentioned how little combat there is in it. They're right, it wouldn't translate very well to DDO where the combat is a pretty big draw.

I'd love a big city like Waterdeep, but I'm not sure this game could handle that very well. It'd also be a ton of work. Also Waterdeep is Sword Coast right? I don't know anything about the rights to this stuff, but someone mentioned Sword Coast stuff would be a difficulty in adapting due to rights.

Khorvaire has big cities I assume. I am not that informed on Eberron geography though.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post
    What letter?
    Go to Dev Tracker at the top of the forum headings to most easily find it.
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast