Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, January 25th from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.standingstonegames.com will be offline for maintenance on Thursday, January 25th from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Notes: This downtime will be for extended OS and server maintenance, in addition to a small game update. The update will include a fix to an issue that was causing degraded game client performance, in addition to several exploit fixes, which we will not be providing further information about.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 01-25-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.standingstonegames.com will be offline for maintenance on Thursday, January 25th from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Notes: This downtime will be for extended OS and server maintenance, in addition to a small game update. The update will include a fix to an issue that was causing degraded game client performance, in addition to several exploit fixes, which we will not be providing further information about.
    "degraded game client performance" -is this the hitching problem?

8 hours...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    "degraded game client performance" -is this the hitching problem?
    It is what they think is causing it, but Cordovan said on the stream today that the issue never happens in house with the test version of the client, so they are cautious about it actually fixing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    8 hours...wow.
    Yes, but that includes things like OS updates on all the servers, database maintenance, etc.

Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar

Gee, what a surprise after the unannounced skipped restart this morning, we get the warning that it's down for another 8 hours tomorrow.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

I know there were a couple of things that didn't make it into the last patch (particularly Perfect Pinnacle's monk stance effects disappearing on death, but I'm pretty sure there were more) because they were fixed too late in the process - are these going to be part of the "small update"?
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    Yes, but that includes things like OS updates on all the servers, database maintenance, etc.
    And don´t forget the Risia Ice Games too.

Default Will this hot fix solve the payment issue ?

Will this hot fix solve the payment issue, being faced everytime when buying ddo points through paypal sometimes it goes good and sometimes it shows error

Will this hot fix solve the payment issue, being faced everytime when buying ddo points through paypal sometimes it goes good and sometimes it shows error?

The small update, does it include the Cry for Battle set working? as for the client performance, every time I step into the Tesla tower inspired Wrath of Earth my game performance drops from 60-100 FPS to 10-20 fps, sure it looks pretty with the lightning jumping from pillar to pillar but I would suggest looking into the effects as to lose so many fps is crazy, running at 1440p on a dual Xeon e5 rig with 32 gig ram and a new AMD 56 off a ssd, there is no lag this end when playing much newer games like Wolfenstein at 70 fps.

will the small update include something new out of Risia games?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Notes: This downtime will be for extended OS and server maintenance, in addition to a small game update. The update will include a fix to an issue that was causing degraded game client performance, in addition to several exploit fixes,
    Could you provide some more information about the additional fixes?

which we will not be providing further information about.
    Oh. Nevermind.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by sudzz View Post
    The small update, does it include the Cry for Battle set working? as for the client performance, every time I step into the Tesla tower inspired Wrath of Earth my game performance drops from 60-100 FPS to 10-20 fps, sure it looks pretty with the lightning jumping from pillar to pillar but I would suggest looking into the effects as to lose so many fps is crazy, running at 1440p on a dual Xeon e5 rig with 32 gig ram and a new AMD 56 off a ssd, there is no lag this end when playing much newer games like Wolfenstein at 70 fps.
    I fully agree with this. I am playing on a 2month old computer, with an NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti, 11GB RAM videocard in it, and I get 5-15fps in that quest. There seriously is something wrong with the design of that quest, if even the latest videocards cannot run that instance smoothly...
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Thiefling Sorc (???th life) - Completionist / Epic Completionist
    Swiing - Druid (18th life) Supherring - Dragonborn Warlock (7th life)

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Could you provide some more information about the additional fixes?

Oh. Nevermind.
    There was an exploit that would let you teleport to the bottom of a ladder by climbing upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    There was an exploit that would let you teleport to the bottom of a ladder by climbing upwards.
    Also the one where you could run your slayer pots out while floating mid air in the Ruins of Thunderholme for ten solid minute. Great way to exploit those store bought boosts

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

now that the game is down, can we get insight on what was causing game performance issues?
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

I have a feeling I know what exploits are being fixed, and while I haven't been running into "Game degradation" I am glad to hear that it's getting a fix as well. For those who were experiencing that, I hope this fix helps.

On another note, any chance on a time frame of the next patch? Like, patch patch?

People (including myself) Are still waiting for Echo of the Ravenkind and Void to be fixed, as well as some other things going wrong (Perfect Pinnacle's stance effect disappear on death, which can only be put on again by re-toggling a stance. Or Purifying Quiver's Bludgeon damage disappearing on death, only fixable by un-equipping and re-equipping.)

I get that you all want to fix the game and such first, and I fully agree with you, but I'd like to have these items and effects working as intended, especially the raid loot. It was hard enough getting them, it'd be nice if they worked 100%
    Thelanis: Myrrenateli, Beldzaar, Zinogre, Nargacuga, Ruwenzori, Zhangyue.
    "Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love." ~Gandalf

Why are there no release notes?
    Retired
    Of
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Why are there no release notes?
    The only things in this patch are the things listed in the OP.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To be very clear, the change to IPS does not specifically have to do with Inquisitive overperforming. It is the result of evaluating the way that Ranged Weapon Users interact with the overall build meta and (especially) melees.

Kind of hoping they'll fix the Lock Bash bug so that it uses the STR mod like it's supposed to.
    "The body is but a vessel for the soul;
    A puppet which bends to the soul's tyrrany.
    And lo, the body is not eternal,
    For it must feed on the flesh of others,
    Lest it return to the dust whence it came.
    Therefore must the soul
    Deceive, Despise, and Murder men..."

--A.J.Durai

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast