Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

hey zhen - for an experienced noob like me - is the mental toughness worth it?

its more crits, more sp, but locks dont usually have an sp prob.....

so its a dps increase, but worth a feat slot?
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    hey zhen - for an experienced noob like me - is the mental toughness worth it?

its more crits, more sp, but locks dont usually have an sp prob.....

so its a dps increase, but worth a feat slot?
    I wonder that too, but am not sure what feats to use instead. What do you like using instead?

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I wonder that too, but am not sure what feats to use instead. What do you like using instead?
    off the top of my head enlarge, more spell focus, toughness?

i dont have a clear answer so i asked
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    off the top of my head enlarge, more spell focus, toughness?

i dont have a clear answer so i asked
    I sometimes have trouble deciding myself. I go with maximize, empower, and completionist for sure. I also tend to take Force of Personality (though having worse will saves wouldn't be so terrible). Then that leaves Wizard past life (i.e. spell focus everything), Bard past life (if I want a better version of spell focus enchantment), and quicken (which I almost never take on any character but I suppose it probably does slightly increase DPS by letting you cast Consume and Stricken faster).

I find myself not actually casting enchantments very often so I have not been taking Bard past life lately. In fact, other than Evard's Black Tentacles I almost never cast anything on my opponents so even the Wizard past life is questionable. I don't really need extra spell points either so mental toughness really comes down to the question of just how important is 1% crit chance? I find it a very difficult question to answer.

How do you feel about enlarge? I've literally never taken it on any character ever. Do you find it to be particularly useful? I'm open to the idea but I'm not sure how beneficial it really is.

Community Member Astral_Dominae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    How do you feel about enlarge? I've literally never taken it on any character ever. Do you find it to be particularly useful? I'm open to the idea but I'm not sure how beneficial it really is.
    I find enlarge not so good in group play (as people often zerg anyway), but can be nice for solo. Eg, the beholder at the end of VoN 3 (which is too big for the door), you can just cheese him that way. It feels to me that the devs did not really account for enlarge in many scenarios, so I found it to be a nice addition

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Dominae View Post
    I find enlarge not so good in group play (as people often zerg anyway), but can be nice for solo. Eg, the beholder at the end of VoN 3 (which is too big for the door), you can just cheese him that way. It feels to me that the devs did not really account for enlarge in many scenarios, so I found it to be a nice addition
    Even if you're zerging, being able to throw the Wizard past life Magic Missiles + Consume + Stricken + Finger Of Death twice as far is worth the investment just on their own.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member Astral_Dominae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Even if you're zerging, being able to throw the Wizard past life Magic Missiles + Consume + Stricken + Finger Of Death twice as far is worth the investment just on their own.
    True :-)

Community Member

Default Update on old imgur images

The images the OP put up aren't valid anymore. Anyone able to kind of list what should have been what while leveling? I'm post level 6 and a bit lost at this point.

Heard enlarge is useful if your healing the new raid
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

Default Enchantments Trees

Hey,
    Haven't seen any complete reveal of the Enchantments trees.
    Can you post one?

Thanks!
    Last edited by TomerNaydnov123; 09-13-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345