Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    At 30 im using meld into darkness, otto’s whistler, pin, and cocoon.
    I strongly suggest Sense Weakness, Grim Precision, Lithe, Cocoon and whatever you fancy for the last. If you are thinking of selecting toughness as a feat you should instead choose anything that gives you ranged power instead. You fire so many bolts/minutes that even the tiniest amount becomes relevant

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    How does this build do wrt soloing reaper? In particular wrt healing which I assume is using wands/scrolls.
    max out your heal amp, use cocoon and healing spring AFTER swapping devotion items and spell crits items. Switch gear after casting. Use scion of celestia.

Community Member

Sprouticus - Don't know if this is a recent change: Kensai crossbow feat doesn't apply to repeaters or Great Crossbows unless you spend 2 AP in Exotic Weapon Mastery. (Unless the tooltip lies)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahiral View Post
    Sprouticus - Don't know if this is a recent change... (Unless the tooltip lies)
    It's not recent, and it doesn't lie.

I would like to point out that trances, like Know the Angles, DOES stack with items. This means both insightful tactics as well as insightful deadly items stack with it. This has been tested and confirmed. Harpers INT to attack will also be a DPS boost against anything that hits an extra 5% rounding chance. So you want KtA if you can get it. Essentially the problem becomes a question of where KtA vs doubleshot wins, as really the only way to afford it is to eat into one of your doubleshot bonuses.

You can get the AP from the following:

2 ap from Sharpshooter - KtA will hands down beat the DPS from this, so is an easy sacrifice to it
    2 ap from Kensai action boost - this will cost you one AB, but if you almost always reach a shrine with leftover boosts, you can afford it
    3 AP from a 10% doubleshot - Whether this comes from rapid-fire or Ability Engine doesn't really matter.

That there, along with the 1 leftover AP, will net you the 8 AP for a full KtA. Though I'd probably go with only T2 KtA (as, unless things have changed, that still gets you the ins damage) and take 3% doubleshot.

Some item considerations:
    Epic Precision Lenses - This will give you +3 ABs and a manslayer proc that will add to your DPS, along with STR boost to avoid encumbrance concerns. Though I'd likely carry this more as a swap for longer quests where I would need the extra ABs over the HP

Also would suggest a gear shuffle:
    Legendary Rose Quartz Sigil Stone - this will net you higher INT and both of the slaver's quality bonuses along with a mass DW clicky.
    Van Richten's Spectacles - 1 higher dex, Reflex boost, more MRR
    Slavers bracers - WIS 17, 28 armor pierce, 22 disable, Quality MRR
    Boots of Blessed Travels - this will give 12% dodge, FOM, speed XV, and 2 more armor dex cap
    *or*
    Cannith Crafted boots - Dodge 15, Diversion (or STR), Insightful Seeker

If you don't need more dodge (past lives, reaper dodge, and other sources can allow that)
    Mysterious Bracers - Heal amp and even more MRR *or* Legendary Bracers of the Fallen Hero (though I would say hamp and MRR would outweigh the HP and Fort)
    Slavers boots - WIS 17, 28 armor pierce, 22 disable, Quality MRR (or Qual WIS if MRR is capped by bracers)

These changes would allow you to cap MRR and boost yourself defensively with only a 70 HP loss (20-50 gain if using Fallen Hero), 6 hit to fort saves (only 1-2 if using Fallen Hero), and 2 RP + 1 damage DPS loss (Ins Seeker could beat this, didn't number crunch).

The DPS difference is extremely minor between the two, and I think both setups are good. The game of gear tetris is endless in DDO.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    I would like to point out that trances, like Know the Angles, DOES stack with items. This means both insightful tactics as well as insightful deadly items stack with it. This has been tested and confirmed. Harpers INT to attack will also be a DPS boost against anything that hits an extra 5% rounding chance. So you want KtA if you can get it. Essentially the problem becomes a question of where KtA vs doubleshot wins, as really the only way to afford it is to eat into one of your doubleshot bonuses.

2 ap from Sharpshooter - KtA will hands down beat the DPS from this, so is an easy sacrifice to it
    2 ap from Kensai action boost - this will cost you one AB, but if you almost always reach a shrine with leftover boosts, you can afford it
    3 AP from a 10% doubleshot - Whether this comes from rapid-fire or Ability Engine doesn't really matter.

That there, along with the 1 leftover AP, will net you the 8 AP for a full KtA. Though I'd probably go with only T2 KtA (as, unless things have changed, that still gets you the ins damage) and take 3% doubleshot.

Epic Precision Lenses - This will give you +3 ABs and a manslayer proc that will add to your DPS, along with STR boost to avoid encumbrance concerns. Though I'd likely carry this more as a swap for longer quests where I would need the extra ABs over the HP

Legendary Rose Quartz Sigil Stone - this will net you higher INT and both of the slaver's quality bonuses along with a mass DW clicky.
    Boots of Blessed Travels - this will give 12% dodge, FOM, speed XV, and 2 more armor dex cap
    *or*

If you don't need more dodge (past lives, reaper dodge, and other sources can allow that)
    Mysterious Bracers - Heal amp and even more MRR *or* Legendary Bracers of the Fallen Hero (though I would say hamp and MRR would outweigh the HP and Fort)
    Slavers boots - WIS 17, 28 armor pierce, 22 disable, Quality MRR (or Qual WIS if MRR is capped by bracers)

These changes would allow you to cap MRR and boost yourself defensively with only a 70 HP loss (20-50 gain if using Fallen Hero), 6 hit to fort saves (only 1-2 if using Fallen Hero), and 2 RP + 1 damage DPS loss (Ins Seeker could beat this, didn't number crunch).

The DPS difference is extremely minor between the two, and I think both setups are good. The game of gear tetris is endless in DDO.
    Thanks for the feedback. Been out of town for a bit so haven’t been keeping this updated. I would not be suprised if your gear set is an improvement, I haven’t updated this for post ravenloft gear. The slave lords is deffenlty the weekest gear. I do like the DW necklass, that might fit in quite well.

Now as for using know the angles... I’m really not very sure about this.. lets do the numbers.

Ok, assume i have 74 int thats + 32 mod so KTA gives +16 dmg. It also costs ~8 AP or 2attack/dmg per action point. Thats great, lets see what we lose.

We have 1 free floating AP, we can pull 2 from the fighter tree to bring it down to 11. Lets pull out the dmg bost one because its easyer to compair. That one gives.. 3 damage.
    Sharpshooter gives 6 attack/dmg and +1 SA dice. SA scales better with MP but doesn’t scale well with crits, so lets just say its 3.5 dmg for a total of almost 10 damage for 2 AP. I think this is way to go to give up.
    But we could cut out the double shot. So say we take 3 from mecanic, 1 from our floating, 2 from fighter, and... 2 from rogue double shot thats...

+3 dmg, and 17% double shot for...
    16 damage.

So is 1% double shot or +1 damage better? I think double shot is better.
    If your base damage is over 100 (before melee power and such) then double shot should do more damage then 1 more point of dmg. mmm but the toon would have ~50% doubleshot after we striped out the the 17% doublestrike... so 1 point of dmg is about 1.5 damage. So the base damage would nead to be ~150.

Crits and melee power should effect this compairison the same. Add on damage (from weapon effects) favor doubleshot.

So i think the answer hear is KTA might be better prior to getting volly but post volly doiubleshot is more value.

Some where i broke down the base damage numbers... maybe i can find it.
    EDIT: Found it in the thread. End game gear is base dmg of 189. I may have missed stuff. o past lives and such. Anyways its just under 200 base damage. That makes doubleshot better than damage at a 1:1 ratio.

TRLD: KTA is not good enough.
    Last edited by Pilgrim1; 10-15-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post

*or*

Action boosts are your lifeline so cutting into it is utter non-sense. Even with 20 ABs when Shay was pew-pew I often ran short especially in raids. I will ask a friend to test your claim that insightful damage from KtA stacks with insightful damage from items. Not convinced. And i agree i take 1 doubleshot before 1 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFast View Post
    Action boosts are your lifeline so cutting into it is utter non-sense. Even with 20 ABs when Shay was pew-pew I often ran short especially in raids. I will ask a friend to test your claim that insightful damage from KtA stacks with insightful damage from items. Not convinced. And i agree i take 1 doubleshot before 1 damage.
    Just a heads thought. In long quests and raids where i know my AB will be streched thin i like to mix in action boost damage as a way to exrend the action boosts i have. Ill use it to finish off thoes mobs after a fusilage has run its corse. Or maybe use it to kill skellies on the stairs in strahd. Stuff like that. I havent played around much with haste action boost I should at some point.

You may already be doing this. I dont know.

Community Member

Just a heads thought. In long quests and raids where i know my AB will be streched thin i like to mix in action boost damage as a way to exrend the action boosts i have. Ill use it to finish off thoes mobs after a fusilage has run its corse. Or maybe use it to kill skellies on the stairs in strahd. Stuff like that. I havent played around much with haste action boost I should at some point.

You may already be doing this. I dont know.
    I prefer haste to get more of that legendary salt from the Volley but ideal would be to get both and I have both sometimes. And fortunately draconic reinvigoration from TForged doesnt work with fusilade. Soloing some quests on R8 is enough right? Its not a warlock or shuri thrower Ender build afterall XD

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFast View Post
    I prefer haste to get more of that legendary salt from the Volley but ideal would be to get both and I have both sometimes. And fortunately draconic reinvigoration from TForged doesnt work with fusilade. Soloing some quests on R8 is enough right? Its not a warlock or shuri thrower Ender build afterall XD
    R8? Nice. I tend to have difficulty after R5. How do you deal with the self healing issues? Bring a hierling to top you off after fights?

Have you ever gotten a draconic reinvigoration to work?

Community Member

R8? Nice. I tend to have difficulty after R5. How do you deal with the self healing issues? Bring a hierling to top you off after fights?

Have you ever gotten a draconic reinvigoration to work?
    draconic reinvigoration doesnt work even if the only AB you have is fusilade. For self healing you have to take your dps down. take scion of celestia and fount of life. max out your HAmp. Cocoon and healing spring as twists. Switch gear before casting healing spring to max your devotion and positive spell crit % and damage. Having a hireling isnt soloing afterall, right? XD

Hi great build got a friend running it

Just wondering now tier 8 is out what is the max dps setup

5 deady rain, 3 long shadow or maybe 3 treachery for 1 more sa dice
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Hi great build got a friend running it

Just wondering now tier 8 is out what is the max dps setup

5 deady rain, 3 long shadow or maybe 3 treachery for 1 more sa dice
    I haven’t crunched the numbers yet but i think the 5 deadly rain + 3 long shadows is best. The 3 set treacher does not have a ranged power filigree as part of the filligree set options so i dont think thats worth it. You could toss on another 5 range power filigree from some diffrent set but i think the 14d6 acid damage you get from the long shadow is better than 5 range power.

14d6 = 14*3.5 = 49/hit
    For for 5 range power to beat that your base damage (without fatoring in existing range power) would have to be ~500/hit (with crits averaged in). Functionaly less however since acid damage can be resisted.

EDIT: wow i really should not do this at night. First off 50 dmg/hit vs 5 ranged power means 10dmg per 1 ranged power, thus base damge neads to be at 1000 dmg/hit.
    Secondly I broke down the damage in the first post, durh!. 400 base dmg, 90 SA damage. Call that 90 SA dmg 135 for 1.5 mod, and its like 550 (rounding) damage. So the acid damage filigree is better.

Miss on 1, graze on 2-4, hit on 5-13, 14-18 x3, 19-20x4. Can ignore the misses and glancing because they do 0 damage for both, although PR slightly favors the grazing hits, i think.

Effective hits:
    (5-13) = 9
    3x (14-18) = 15
    4x (19-20) = 8
    Total = 32

32/16 = 2 with crit

So if your base damage is over 250 its better to run 5 ranged power then it is to run 14d6 acid damage. Assuming 0 fortification and 0 acid resistance. Don’t forget that ranged power factors in sneak attack, but doesn’t crit.

Conclusion:
    On a fully twinked out toon ranged power is likely better.

EDIT: Huh, my initial impulse was wrong. O well thats why math is good!
    Last edited by Pilgrim1; 10-28-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Any reason this wouldn't work with heavy repeaters? I have NO GXB to my name and have no desire to start farming new items up at this point in my DDO life.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehairguy View Post
    Any reason this wouldn't work with heavy repeaters? I have NO GXB to my name and have no desire to start farming new items up at this point in my DDO life.
    Yes it can work with any xbow ... just less dps, but still viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

I was under the impression that in high skull reaper the acid dice damage was useless because it doesn't scale with melee-ranged power

When i look it looks like all long shadow gives over treachery is 3 ranged power n acid damage

boths sets get a 5 melee ranged power 2 set bonus does 3 power really matter that much

Wish spell power worked like that
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    I was under the impression that in high skull reaper the acid dice damage was useless because it doesn't scale with melee-ranged power

When i look it looks like all long shadow gives over treachery is 3 ranged power n acid damage

boths sets get a 5 melee ranged power 2 set bonus does 3 power really matter that much

Wish spell power worked like that
    This is not a great way to look a this. If you do 1000 points of damage in EE, it will scale down the same % if its elemental damge or physical damage. It doesn’t matter the type or sorce of damage, it all scales down the same.

Therefore what is importaint is the amount of damage that you do. So if 14d6 acid damage is 50 damage and 5 ranged power is 25 damage then the acid damage will do more then the 5 ranged power even in rank 10 reaper.

What you may be thinking about is how flat damage bonuses, say +10 from know the angles. The thing is that +10 is modified by a bunch of additional thing, like your crit profile (200% - > +20 dmg) then say 200 ranged power (3x -> 60 dmg). Thus you get 60 finished damage from a +10 from know the angles or a weapon with better base damage. When you compair that to say a weapon effect that is... 10d6 or something that does a flat damage of 35 damage and is not improved by anything.

So in this case you would take +10 base damage over anything less then +60 weapon effect damage. If they made some weapon with +100 bonus elemental damage that would be worth more than your +10 weapon damage. This also goes to show how importaint crit profile is because it acts as another multiplier on base damage (along with melee/ranged power).

A good rule of thumb for figureing out DPS is this:
    (Base damage) * (crit profile) * (attacks/second) * (ranged power)

I like this idea. I have a level 24 Cormyrian GxBow with Lifestealing, should be a hoot. Now that they have dumbified assassins, time to try a machine gunner.

edit: I see Damonz here so good sign

Question: does endless fusilade work with throwing daggers?
    Last edited by Saekee; 10-31-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

This build is really good

I always recommend it to new players or people wanting to get into epic reaper

Talked to vince about fils he said max might be 5 rain, 2 shadow, 1 rare ranged power
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I like this idea. I have a level 24 Cormyrian GxBow with Lifestealing, should be a hoot. Now that they have dumbified assassins, time to try a machine gunner.

edit: I see Damonz here so good sign

Question: does endless fusilade work with throwing daggers?
    EF only works with crossbows afaik

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast