Default High Lords will host Riding the Storm Out teaching raid on Saturday, Jan 13 at 9p EST

Last week's inaugural teaching raid saw a good turnout for Legendary Shroud, including one long time player who had never raided! You can read about it and watch the live stream here.

Next in our teaching raid series will be one of DDO's newest raids Riding the Storm Out on Saturday, January 13 at 9pm EST!

One of the inspirations for hosting teaching raids is the bad experiences I had in raids in my early days of DDO. In early 2010 I had been playing for just a few months and I started joining some pug raids. I had such off-putting experiences with raid leaders with bad attitudes, who were quick to scream when something went wrong but never explained anything. It's like they just expected everyone to know what to do and if you didn't know then you were just a waste of time noob. These experiences left me so soured that I almost left the game because I didn't want to be a part of that kind of scene.

Then I met a guy named Glam who led morning raids like VON5-6 and epic Chronoscope every day. Glam was always happy to explain how the raid worked and always made sure that everyone knew the methods we'd use to be successful. This was my first experience with a raid leader who actually explained things... and what a difference it made. I saw how raids could not only be smooth and understandable, but most importantly fun!

There are so many DDO'ers out there who don't raid for a variety of reasons. Our teaching raid events are meant to reach out not only to those who are new but also to all those players out there who are intimidated or confused by raids or were turned off by bad experiences. Just like I learned from Glam's raids years ago, I want others to see that raids can be smooth and enjoyable and a way to experience more parts of the game that we love!

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids but you must be at least level 27 to enter Riding the Storm Out.

If you are new to RSO, there is no flagging required!

There are a couple things you should do to prepare for the raid:
    1. Twist in Energy Sheath (electric version) - we will continuously be struck by lightning throughout most of the raid, so Energy Sheath is very important. The lightning cannot be evaded. Energy Sheath is a tier 1 enhancement from the Draconic Incarnation epic destiny.
    2. Bring an electrical absorption item if possible - with the massive amounts of electrical damage that we will encounter, an absorption item is helpful to wear in addition to having Energy Sheath. You can craft absorption items using Cannith Crafting or you can find randomly generated items with the descriptors "Electricity Absorption" or "Insulated". You can also use named items such as Ring of the Djinn or Prismatic Cloak. A list of named electric absorption items can be found on DDOwiki here.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please contact me in game on Gingerspyce.

This event will be live streamed on my Youtube channel.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

Community Manager

Good pick.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

You guys are doing some serious work in our server. It's a shame our times almost never match
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    You guys are doing some serious work in our server. It's a shame our times almost never match
    I know, I feel the exact same.

Still space in tomorrow's RSO teaching raid. Contact me in game on Gingerspyce to sign up. Send in-game mail if you don't see me online

Default Great turnout!!

We had a nice smooth, full run with 5 people who were new to or still learning RSO, including 3 first timers!

You can watch the live stream below

Next in our teaching raid series will be Defiler of the Just on Saturday, January 20 at 9pm EST. Details are posted here!
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 01-15-2018 at 06:37 AM.