Default Recommend a Dungeon Tile Scale?

I pose this question for those of you who use miniatures for role play: What scale do you prefer? Have you discovered any pros or cons associated with a given scale?

Most fantasy role playing game miniatures come in 25mm (1/64) or 28mm (1/58) scale. Most dungeon tiles come in 1/60 scale where one inch equals exactly 5 feet. Military modelers mainly use 1/35 scale.

The advantage of 25mm/28mm scale is the huge assortment of figures currently available. The advantage of /135 scale is the large assortment of terrain, accessories, and buildings available for military miniatures, though it gets extremely expensive using such products.

My initial plan was to use 1/35 scale but at that size, 5 feet equals 1.7 inches. That seems like it would fill up a table _really_ fast. My dining room table seats 10 but even so, I am not sure it would hold much of a dungeon, ruin, or village. I should measure.

Anyway, I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thank you!

I just measured my dining room table and it is 46 inches across. In 1/35 scale that is 130 feet or about 26 5-foot tiles. In 1/60 scale that is 230 feet or 46 5-foot tiles. Hmm. I am thinking 130 feet is not a lot of room for a dungeon, but that is the width, not the length. I need a ping pong table.

Now I am wondering how I keep all these tiles from scattering when the table gets bumped. That was a huge problem with the cardboard tiles I made during college.