Default Legendary Dreadnaught and Shiradi Champion focused Builds?

Hello,
    I have never really made a character to max level as my highest at the moment is a 17 Arti. But i was looking a head in a planner and saw some abilities I liked and was wondering if there are builds focused around these abilities?

Legendary Dreadnaught:
    Valcano's Edge
    Lighting Mace
    Anvil of Thunder

These 3 abilities sound like alot of fun and could be fun to build around as a Elemental Knight type character? Or Barbarian focused on switching weapons for these 3 attacks? Any input on a build to complement these like a Wizard EK or just pure Barbarian?

Shiradi Champion:
    OTTO'S WHISTLER
    Double Rainbow

First is I love messing with Otto's just making enemies dance is hilarious! and Does double rainbow do Elemental Damage? Im thinking building a pure Ranger Arcane Archer or small rogue splash? Or a pure Helf Druid AA with a Shiradi Champion for these abillities?

As you can see I like to focus on Elemental Damage but without staying focused on spells for that. My Arti is a Melee Arti that is fun just want an Alt now. I know you can do twist of fates but I dont really understand them, like a Shiradi Champion Arcane Archer with Legendary Dreadnaughts Volcano's edge to go melee?

Any input is Greatly Appreciated!

Thank you!
    Shaman Class?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar1996 View Post
    Valcano's Edge
    Lighting Mace
    Anvil of Thunder
    Because of their long cooldown (12 secs), the elemental damage isn't a significant DPS contributor, unfortunately; they also aren't boosted by Spellpower. You use them for their bonus crit effects; the least bad is Anvil of Thunder, IMO, because of the free no-save stun. Lightning Mace used to be good for e.g. staff builds; but Enhancement bonuses to doublestrike are a lot more common than they used to be, thanks to the lootgen / Cannith crafting overhauls in the last couple of years. Magma Surge from Volcano's Edge is really only useful for the speed debuff.
    These 3 abilities sound like alot of fun and could be fun to build around as a Elemental Knight type character? Or Barbarian focused on switching weapons for these 3 attacks? Any input on a build to complement these like a Wizard EK or just pure Barbarian?
    Since you can take Headman's Chop or Pulverizer but not both (and still keep Blitz), you're unlikely to make a build which specializes in both weapon types (axes + blunts). I suppose there's no harm in making a build using swords (Volcano's Edge) with axes or blunts, but not a lot of incentive for splitting your focus like that, either. Particularly since Devastating Crit + Advancing Blows + Blitz are practically a must-have combo for a LD build, which accounts for 6/8 of your final EDPs.
    First is I love messing with Otto's just making enemies dance is hilarious! and Does double rainbow do Elemental Damage? Im thinking building a pure Ranger Arcane Archer or small rogue splash? Or a pure Helf Druid AA with a Shiradi Champion for these abillities?
    Any build based on Shiradi procs is going to want a really high hit rate to max out those proc chances. That's why Shiradi arcane caster builds using multiple Chain Missiles (sorc spell / wiz spell / wiz SLA) are popular. So if you wanted to do a ranged Shiradi build, it pretty much would have to be a shurimonk or maybe a repeater build; nothing else will have as high of a rate of fire.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 12-23-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Unbongwah,

I was looking through your archived builds and found your "Phiralan Seeker" https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5879475 and "Shake N Quake" https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ake-(druid-AA)

For Phiralan Seeker:
    - Is this good for the most recent update? I see you grabbed Volcano's Edge for this build is that just a place filler? Or is it usable with this build? Is this build more for a Sneak Attack Arcane Archer? I have been trying to find a good Arcane Archer build and also does element choice matter or could the build be any (according to gear). I also see Otto's Whistler which is another ability I want to try! Also whats the point of Barbarian? And lastly is this build a viable 1st lifer?

For Shake N Quake:
    - Is this good for the most recent update? Is this a good first lifer?

Im still trying to find a new build to go off of because im getting tired of my pure melee arti, so wanted to avoid the boerdom of grinding him out to make a new toon. Im mainly focusing on soloing since I dont see alot of groups up. Im not to familiar with quests so survivabillity is a big plus even if just kiting. I love the options of changing the element on my weapon (even if it lacks DPS) the thought of being a element god. Now I know this could just be changing weapons, also visually appealing is good like the ice shatter ha! DPS doesnt need to be top of the ladder but average is okay with me. Any input or help would be GREATLY appreciated. For now im going to be messing with a pure warlock or one of your builds i mentioned.

Thank you.
    Shaman Class?

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Because of their long cooldown (12 secs), the elemental damage isn't a significant DPS contributor, unfortunately; they also aren't boosted by Spellpower. You use them for their bonus crit effects; the least bad is Anvil of Thunder, IMO, because of the free no-save stun. Lightning Mace used to be good for e.g. staff builds; but Enhancement bonuses to doublestrike are a lot more common than they used to be, thanks to the lootgen / Cannith crafting overhauls in the last couple of years. Magma Surge from Volcano's Edge is really only useful for the speed debuff.

Since you can take Headman's Chop or Pulverizer but not both (and still keep Blitz), you're unlikely to make a build which specializes in both weapon types (axes + blunts). I suppose there's no harm in making a build using swords (Volcano's Edge) with axes or blunts, but not a lot of incentive for splitting your focus like that, either. Particularly since Devastating Crit + Advancing Blows + Blitz are practically a must-have combo for a LD build, which accounts for 6/8 of your final EDPs.

Any build based on Shiradi procs is going to want a really hit rate to max out those proc chances. That's why Shiradi arcane caster builds using multiple Chain Missiles (sorc spell / wiz spell / wiz SLA) are popular. So if you wanted to do a ranged Shiradi build, it pretty much would have to be a shurimonk or maybe a repeater build; nothing else will have as high of a rate of fire.
    Thank you.
    Shaman Class?