Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67
  1. #1
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    24,909

    Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, December 21st 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

    UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, December 21st from 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. This hotfix will correct an issue where the Ravenloft quest Mad Tea Party and raid Old Baba's Hut can become unable to be completed.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 12-21-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  2. #2
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, December 21st from 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. This hotfix will correct an issue where the Ravenloft quest Mad Tea Party and raid Old Baba's Hut can become unable to be completed.
    Will any of Lynnabel's fixes (e.g. Duality's Vampirism not working for WF/BF monks) be included in this hotfix?
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

  3. #3
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Will any of Lynnabel's fixes (e.g. Duality's Vampirism not working for WF/BF monks) be included in this hotfix?
    Nope! This is a very specific downtime to address raid and quest issues. We are focusing on making sure content is playable. Sorry!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  4. #4
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    is it wai that you can go from Blood on the Vine Tavern to Blue Water Inn but not the other way round? same goes for von Richten's Tower.
    Last edited by TitusOvid; 12-20-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

  5. #5
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Nope! This is a very specific downtime to address raid and quest issues. We are focusing on making sure content is playable. Sorry!
    Argh!
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

  6. #6
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    24,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    is it wai that you can go from Blood on the Vine Tavern to Blue Water Inn but not the other way round?
    Yes-ish. The change was implemented to help people get to the Blood on the Vine Tavern to get to the new raid by using the inside-the-tavern Exit rather than the outside NPC. We could add the reverse potentially to the Blue Water Inn.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, December 21st from 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. This hotfix will correct an issue where the Ravenloft quest Mad Tea Party and raid Old Baba's Hut can become unable to be completed.
    Is the raid bug the one where we go back into the hut to do puzzles the second time and the mists keep teleporting us back outside again? If not there may be more than one bug.

    Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

  8. #8
    Community Member Dreppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes-ish. The change was implemented to help people get to the Blood on the Vine Tavern to get to the new raid by using the inside-the-tavern Exit rather than the outside NPC. We could add the reverse potentially to the Blue Water Inn.
    That would be a welcome convenience.

  9. #9
    Community Member Gleep_Wurp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,000

    Default umm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Nope! This is a very specific downtime to address raid and quest issues. We are focusing on making sure content is playable. Sorry!
    shouldn't you have done that BEFORE compiling the wednesday patch and releasing it? you know , making sure content is playable.

  10. #10
    Community Member J1NG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    shouldn't you have done that BEFORE compiling the wednesday patch and releasing it? you know , making sure content is playable.
    Unless Lynabbel suddenly has a time machine, the WF/BF Vampiric Regen issue was raised "AFTER" the patch was finalised for Wed release.

    PS. Anyone who DOES have a Time Machine, please let me know. I have a few things I'd like to fix too.

    J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    shouldn't you have done that BEFORE compiling the wednesday patch and releasing it? you know , making sure content is playable.
    I mean, the content is totally playable. The raid has already been completed a few times already. Bugs slip past devs... they are small group while the population of DDO is much larger.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Unless Lynabbel suddenly has a time machine, the WF/BF Vampiric Regen issue was raised "AFTER" the patch was finalised for Wed release.

    PS. Anyone who DOES have a Time Machine, please let me know. I have a few things I'd like to fix too.

    J1NG
    not sure when the last patch was finalized, and not sure how long the problem took to fix once it was known but I know I started a thread on the 14th about that. guess I'm not important enough to get a response from ssg

  13. #13
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tafla421 View Post
    not sure when the last patch was finalized, and not sure how long the problem took to fix once it was known but I know I started a thread on the 14th about that. guess I'm not important enough to get a response from ssg
    I started working at SSG on Monday, so it was really just a timing thing more than anything. Anything on your mind you'd like me to tackle while I'm waiting at the end of GoP for the 6th party member to get here?
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  14. #14
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I started working at SSG on Monday, so it was really just a timing thing more than anything. Anything on your mind you'd like me to tackle while I'm waiting at the end of GoP for the 6th party member to get here?
    Lines of Supply >.>

  15. #15
    Community Member zehnvhex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Nope! This is a very specific downtime to address raid and quest issues. We are focusing on making sure content is playable. Sorry!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

  16. #16
    Community Member J1NG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tafla421 View Post
    not sure when the last patch was finalized, and not sure how long the problem took to fix once it was known but I know I started a thread on the 14th about that. guess I'm not important enough to get a response from ssg
    I believe I saw that thread and it was specifically about the Nightmother series of weapons Vampiric Regeneration. There was another thread elsewhere I saw that the Devs have done something about that. But only for those weapons only.

    From what Lynnabel described, it sounds like the Vampiric Regeneration needs specific WF/BF repair regen on them and that's why it's not working. So all those other weapons I'm assuming needed to have that effected bolted on. At least this is what I got from reading about it.

    The case you are writing up about appears to be specific towards the thread I wrote about and that was about Duality only. And that thread of mine was after the Patch finalisation time. Nothing to do with being favored by SSG for replies or anything. Because I certainly have more bugs I'd like to see fixed.

    Lynnabel: Vorpal Strikes does not work on a WF Monk. Unarmed it gives Vorpal on 20 and Slashing to strikes. Handwraps it only gives Slashing, no Vorpal on 20. Submitted a ticket in already, remains open.

    J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

  17. #17
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Lynnabel: Vorpal Strikes does not work on a WF Monk. Unarmed it gives Vorpal on 20 and Slashing to strikes. Handwraps it only gives Slashing, no Vorpal on 20. Submitted a ticket in already, remains open.

    J1NG
    Your use of "submitted a ticket on this" is a little worrying, as I'm concerned it might have been shoved into the support queue. Did you submit a bug report, via the separate "report a bug" button in the Help panel?
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Lynnabel: Vorpal Strikes does not work on a WF Monk. Unarmed it gives Vorpal on 20 and Slashing to strikes. Handwraps it only gives Slashing, no Vorpal on 20. Submitted a ticket in already, remains open.

    J1NG
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Your use of "submitted a ticket on this" is a little worrying, as I'm concerned it might have been shoved into the support queue. Did you submit a bug report, via the separate "report a bug" button in the Help panel?
    Dunno about j1ng, but I submitted a bug report about this on Nov 7. And I'm pretty sure it's all monks. It might have been on lammania, though (the bug report. Almost positive it happens on live). Would that be a problem?

    Man, I gotta update my monk bug thread
    Last edited by peng; 12-20-2017 at 09:51 PM.

  19. #19
    Community Member J1NG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Your use of "submitted a ticket on this" is a little worrying, as I'm concerned it might have been shoved into the support queue. Did you submit a bug report, via the separate "report a bug" button in the Help panel?
    Unknown. Since it has changed from old Turbine and current SSG, things aren't entirely the same. So I can't say for certain it's gone to the right place.

    I submitted a Bug Report, and was sent over to the SSG support section to sign up and put the ticket in.

    https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us

    So I know it's over "there". But it may not be what you guys handle. Anyway, the details are identical to what I provided just now. Unsure if it affects Fleshy Monks with Vorpal Strikes, or WF/BF only again. But details are there.

    J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

  20. #20
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Unknown. Since it has changed from old Turbine and current SSG, things aren't entirely the same. So I can't say for certain it's gone to the right place.

    I submitted a Bug Report, and was sent over to the SSG support section to sign up and put the ticket in.

    https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us

    So I know it's over "there". But it may not be what you guys handle. Anyway, the details are identical to what I provided just now. Unsure if it affects Fleshy Monks with Vorpal Strikes, or WF/BF only again. But details are there.

    J1NG
    Ah, I see it. Gonna poke around and see if I can get it working. Actually, on further reflection... has this ever worked?
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload