Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will there be a producer's letter in the near future?

I realize the team has a tough time right now but is there an eta on the p-letter Cordo mentioned on his stream a while back?
    Beste, Titus.
    Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht rekrutiert.

Community Manager

Yes, but we've run out of time to get it done by the end of the year. Expect a Producer's Letter in the new year.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Please take the time to do the letter right. I know (oh how I know*) SW development planning takes time and is always the first thing to suffer when reality strikes.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    Please take the time to do the letter right. I know (oh how I know*) SW development planning takes time and is always the first thing to suffer when reality strikes.
    The main thing is we want to lock down our plans for 2018 (they basically are at this point, but...), then make sure we can say what we're up to.
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Budgeting

While I look forward to hearing what is upcoming, my main desired piece of information would be if we have another expansion coming in 2018 that I need to budget for. Receiving this information would probably be helpful for more folks than just myself.

Thanks for the consideration. ????

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The main thing is we want to lock down our plans for 2018 (they basically are at this point, but...), then make sure we can say what we're up to.
    I just need to warn you guys that the expectations after the awesome Ravenloft expansion are high

With such high expectations, it should be obvious that next up should be MOAR RAVENLOFT! And maybe the opportunity to fail a Powers Check and get stuck.

Also, it was mentioned that the code can scale some stuff up to 40 now. I suggest then, that eventually we get level 40...with a Level 40 questhub that is the only one reasonable. Sigil. No other place can properly accomodate the antics of such powerful beings as level 40 adventurers and their 'border on divinity' power levels. And for level 40, instead of having to just make a ton of arbitrary epic feats, or expand EDs...you could have the Factions. Which of course could lead to great (and unfortunate) things, like a Fey Pact Shiradi Warlock of the Xaosect.

Don't be a piking berk, there's jink to be had from the chant of Sigil!

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    With such high expectations, it should be obvious that next up should be MOAR RAVENLOFT! And maybe the opportunity to fail a Powers Check and get stuck.

Also, it was mentioned that the code can scale some stuff up to 40 now. I suggest then, that eventually we get level 40...with a Level 40 questhub that is the only one reasonable. Sigil. No other place can properly accomodate the antics of such powerful beings as level 40 adventurers and their 'border on divinity' power levels. And for level 40, instead of having to just make a ton of arbitrary epic feats, or expand EDs...you could have the Factions. Which of course could lead to great (and unfortunate) things, like a Fey Pact Shiradi Warlock of the Xaosect.

I would be strongly opposed to a level cap raise at this point. We are just now getting an end game for legendary content, 2 years after level cap raised to 30. It literally takes years for the end game to recover from a level cap raise. And given the TR system is the character progression system they have chosen, ongoing level cap raises are less necessary than in other games. Also, given the TR system, level cap raises can be multiplicative.

IMO, a level cap raise would be disastrous.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    While I look forward to hearing what is upcoming, my main desired piece of information would be if we have another expansion coming in 2018 that I need to budget for. Receiving this information would probably be helpful for more folks than just myself.

Thanks for the consideration. ????
    We do not plan to have a paid expansion in 2018.
    Join us on Twitch!

A bit sad but I understand. I have to believe that was a ton of work. Hopefully it was worth it on your end. I know I am enjoying it immensely!

Essentially my $200 DDO budget remains intact for 2018 then!

I am lookinh forward to amy balance changes upcoming

Enhancements, feats class features and epic destinies.

Guys! I'm pretty sure Cordovan just said we are getting a FREE expansion in 2018!

Seriously, though, I remember hearing talk that the devs already have an idea of what the next expansion will be. It would be nice to have a mention of possible future expansion or update settings in the next producer's letter.

Thanks for a great year, a great expansion, and a pretty smooth and on-time rollout of it.
    Ghallanda: Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, Missadventer, Bytemy (30) Sarlona: (7) Cannith: (2)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post

Yes to everything except the level cap increase, level 30's are just as much at home in Sigil as 40s. I see the Githzerai as the next possible race as Sev has mentioned he is interested in the mythology. If they do bring them I hope they bring a buch of lore including the unbroken circle of Zerthimon.

As a former Planescape Dm, nothing would be more perfect than a progression to Sigil in my eyes.

I hope we get that long overdue DR/Weapon mechanic change that's affecting Celestia and other weapons like it from appearing in the near future. I would love to find an Energy Bow firing Force/Light damage or something akin to that. Not just another weapon with increased damage etc.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by masterofthewand View Post
    Yes to everything except the level cap increase, level 30's are just as much at home in Sigil as 40s. I see the Githzerai as the next possible race as Sev has mentioned he is interested in the mythology. If they do bring them I hope they bring a buch of lore including the unbroken circle of Zerthimon.

As a former Planescape Dm, nothing would be more perfect than a progression to Sigil in my eyes.
    I would like to see a Planescape expansion, but that campaign world doesn't seem that popular. In contrast, Ravenloft has a huge following in tabletop D&D.

I wonder what the next expansion could be then? Waterdeep is probably out as that is Neverwinter Online's territory.

Quote Originally Posted by masterofthewand View Post

Oh, I agree that 30s are just as at home. 15s can even chill there. I just figure that if they coded things to handle scaling to 40, 40 will probably come someday...and if it does, Sigil is the only place that could contain it.

Just imagine the horrors of an adventure in Mechanus.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    I would like to see a Planescape expansion, but that campaign world doesn't seem that popular. In contrast, Ravenloft has a huge following in tabletop D&D.

I wonder what the next expansion could be then? Waterdeep is probably out as that is Neverwinter Online's territory.
    Planescape would be very convenient because it links any and all worlds, DDO could go anywhere from there.

It was very popular in the mid 90's and won the Origins Award. Torment was a extremely popular game based off of Planescape, some consider it the best D&D video game still.

I mean just thinking of the possibilities are crazy, you could put a single quest in every campaign setting if you wanted. It could be perfect for endgame, truly cosmic Involving the Lady of Pain in some sort of endgame storyline, maybe some kind of imbalance in the multiverse or Sigil itself.

Sigh....

Plus...Mercykiller Paladins.

I want to be teased about new monsters, new race and/or class, new monster manual(s), new content, and new or resurrected cosmetics. Bonus would be updates or passes to classes, enhancements, epic destinies.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Expect a Producer's Letter in the new year.
    That's quite the forgiving window for delivery ^^
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast