Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Starter Area

A new starter area is needed.
    It should be available only to TR.
    it needs to be level 1 - 3 and provide a challenge and allow reaper mode.
    it could be lvl 1-3 and 20 to 22 for epic TR toons.
    it MUST imao be based on The Keep on the Borderlands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ke...he_Borderlands

cheers.

Fin
    Last edited by sdrocky; 12-13-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Because what we need more than anything is to make Korthos even less populated.

Anyone can quest on Reaper in the Harbor from Level 1. And Level 2 is only 4 easy quests up from Level 1. Level 3 not far from there.

Very little (or no) benefit for a lot of cost.

/not signed

Community Member

If you are TRing why do you need a "starter" area?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    If you are TRing why do you need a "starter" area?
    We don't need a starter area.

We *DO* need a starter area based on Keep on the Borderlands! YES!

/SIGNED!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Because what we need more than anything is to make Korthos even less populated.

Anyone can quest on Reaper in the Harbor from Level 1. And Level 2 is only 4 easy quests up from Level 1. Level 3 not far from there.

Very little (or no) benefit for a lot of cost.

/not signed
    Um the Keep on the Borderlands is probably the most played starter area for any DND player that started with the red box.

Its an iconic area. needs to be in the game.

Community Member

The Keep on the Borderlands would be fantastic; I have many happy memories of this module.

Post Yes, I like the idea ... but I would like it to start in the Forgotten Realms

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    it MUST imao be based on The Keep on the Borderlands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ke...he_Borderlands

cheers.

Fin
    Severin spoke something about a new area of ??the Forgotten Realms ... it would not be bad if this adventure could be located in this setting ... pultroppo the FR have love needs like never before, Ebberon has too many packs and stories and then D & D is not only ebberon D & D and famous mostly for the FR and the sword coast ... you will say "and no it's not true" or "the forgotten Realms sucks and blah blah ..." but I regret to contradict you however to Me Ebberon I was bored, and full of beautiful packs this is true but most are almost forgotten contents that never makes anyone ... the Reaper has revitalized some areas ... but frankly to me Ebberon has stewed me and I never liked them, the Forgotten I prefer them more ... it will be for the classic fantasy setting I do not know ... but I D & D known him for the Forgotten and I say not for Ebberon.

Returning to the speech as I said Severn spoke of a new area in the forgotten ... what is there and if they also added new gods for characters from the forgotten would open different doors to new divine builds.

for the moment in the forgotten we have 3 deities:

Amaunator

Helm

Silvanus

But the forgotten They have so many gods and as ebberon but that have not been inserted ... if they ever did a new area in the forgotten I hope they add other gods for the characters from that setting.I give some examples

Sune

Mystra

Shar

Tempus

Tyr

Lolth

Corellon Larethian

Moradin

Selune

Tymora

Kelemvor

these are the most famous deities used in many games based on D & D but as Ebberon there are many others in the FR but to stay in par with the existing deities I would propose in case they did a new starting area in the forgotten Realms that there are other gods as an alternative to those of Ebberon, in such a way for the divine characters to have more choice and more build possibilities.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

So many people addicted to member berries.

We don't need a new starter area. Almost no one plays the current one. We don't need any more adventure for levels 20-22.

Keep on the Borderlands doesn't fit in Ebberron.

/notsigned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    So many people addicted to member berries.

We don't need a new starter area. Almost no one plays the current one. We don't need any more adventure for levels 20-22.

Keep on the Borderlands doesn't fit in Ebberron.

/notsigned
    Its happening. next update. i wonder???

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Self-necro to crow "I told you so"?
    In fairness, what we are getting is almost exactly what the original post suggested two years ago. Fair call I'd say!

cheers.

Fin
    See, we do listen to our players.

Self necro is best necro!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post

Tight pants are best pants!

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    BIGGEST ROCK IS BEST ROCK!

That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    Severin spoke something about a new area of ??the Forgotten Realms ... it would not be bad if this adventure could be located in this setting ... pultroppo the FR have love needs like never before, Ebberon has too many packs and stories and then D & D is not only ebberon D & D and famous mostly for the FR and the sword coast ... you will say "and no it's not true" or "the forgotten Realms sucks and blah blah ..." but I regret to contradict you however to Me Ebberon I was bored, and full of beautiful packs this is true but most are almost forgotten contents that never makes anyone ... the Reaper has revitalized some areas ... but frankly to me Ebberon has stewed me and I never liked them, the Forgotten I prefer them more ... it will be for the classic fantasy setting I do not know ... but I D & D known him for the Forgotten and I say not for Ebberon...
    See, I'm on the flip side. Some of my more enjoyable experiences in 3.5 tabletop happened in the eberron campaign setting. I love the history and the flavor that come along with it. For me, it feels like forgotten realms, dragonlance, and greyhawk all could have existed on the same plane, just different continents. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the time we got to spend in the forgotten realms in-game, and I think that they tied the two together nicely story-wise. I also agree with you, that dungeons and dragons is not just eberron.

However, this is a game set in Eberron. It's main focus should be Eberron, with occasional jaunts to the other planes of existence. I also agree with other posters, that the Keep on the Borderlands does not belong on Eberron. My thought is that it should have a teleporter in the hall of heroes, and before you enter the world for the first time (be it after you choosing a name and then having to enter 4-5 different variations of the name because your original name is taken, or when you click accept after reincarnation), you get to choose whether to start on Korthos or Keep on the Borderlands.

That being said, I think I'm going to park my CLfourPTP stewardbot at the zone where people first load into the public area and bug newbs by giving them health potions and telling them that they should join the crimson raiders.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

If that's going to happen, then every TR should be locked out of Korthos.

If non-TRs get locked out of this, then TRs should get locked out of that.

Everything else would be unfair, imho.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post

oh my god i love you guys. i have been wondering since you said you were doing the redbox content. thankyou so much. i just love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    BIGGEST ROCK IS BEST ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by ErraticDefinitions View Post
    See, I'm on the flip side. Some of my more enjoyable experiences in 3.5 tabletop happened in the eberron campaign setting. I love the history and the flavor that come along with it. For me, it feels like forgotten realms, dragonlance, and greyhawk all could have existed on the same plane, just different continents. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the time we got to spend in the forgotten realms in-game, and I think that they tied the two together nicely story-wise. I also agree with you, that dungeons and dragons is not just eberron.

However, this is a game set in Eberron. It's main focus should be Eberron, with occasional jaunts to the other planes of existence. I also agree with other posters, that the Keep on the Borderlands does not belong on Eberron. My thought is that it should have a teleporter in the hall of heroes, and before you enter the world for the first time (be it after you choosing a name and then having to enter 4-5 different variations of the name because your original name is taken, or when you click accept after reincarnation), you get to choose whether to start on Korthos or Keep on the Borderlands.

That being said, I think I'm going to park my CLfourPTP stewardbot at the zone where people first load into the public area and bug newbs by giving them health potions and telling them that they should join the crimson raiders.
    oh my god i love you guys. i have been wondering since you said you were doing the redbox content. thankyou so much. i just love you guys.
    even if it was just a seed of an idea. i love you guys.

Community Member

Thank you sdrocky for providing the inspiration for the latest pack. You the man, or golem. Anyway, cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast