Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
  1. #1
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    25,121

    Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, December 6th 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, December 6th from 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 37: Mists of Ravenloft! Click here for the Release Notes.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  2. #2

    Default

    "One of the statues in the Hall of Heroes has been replaced by Byron Scoutsword, because Byron Scoutsword is the greatest level 1 Hireling ever. This is important."

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apocaladle View Post
    "One of the statues in the Hall of Heroes has been replaced by Byron Scoutsword, because Byron Scoutsword is the greatest level 1 Hireling ever. This is important."
    Byron is a hero, he has saved more lvl 1's than anyone...
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

  4. #4
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apocaladle View Post
    "One of the statues in the Hall of Heroes has been replaced by Byron Scoutsword, because Byron Scoutsword is the greatest level 1 Hireling ever. This is important."
    Imma let you finish . . .

  5. #5
    Community Member mons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Did he take an arrow to the knee or something? Did he become INCorporated? Why have I not heard of him before?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Release the kraken...

    Augment Bags and Quivers now have a search bar.
    While I'm not sure what quiver is so wide that it was hard finding stuff, adding search to augment bags is a very nice touch.

    Sentient Weapons will not consume named items with Augments slotted into them to prevent the Augment from being destroyed. Augments can be unslotted using a standard Jeweler's Toolkit
    That totally sucks. The player centric-solution would be a confirmation dialog. How many named items are now practically useless in the context of feeding sentient jewels? The list isn't small.
    Last edited by hit_fido; 12-05-2017 at 07:13 PM.

  7. #7
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    Byron is a hero, he has saved more lvl 1's than anyone...
    Byron has run Cannith Crystal more than any other player, it's true.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  8. #8
    Community Member Ullikummis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    Byron is a hero, he has saved more lvl 1's than anyone...
    Byron has saved Korthos Village from freezing to death too many times to count.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Release the kraken...

    That totally sucks. The player centric-solution would be a confirmation dialog. How many named items are now practically useless in the context of feeding sentient jewels? The list isn't small.
    Arrgh! I agree! If we don't want to crunch something it will be locked. Now in order to crunch an item that has an augment in it, we have to pay to have it removed first. bah and double bah.

    Sigh, Oh well. Those items were just dumped before and now they will be dumped again.

  10. #10
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Missile deflection and missile penetration. Great. Shut down ranged builds and warlocks. Sooner than later there won't be any dps builds left because nobody wants to play melee in higher end reaper.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  11. #11
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,709

    Default

    "Missile Deflection grants a chance to have Missiles or Eldritch Blasts miss you."

    now that I understand this better, I feel Missile Deflection takes away from the unique Deflect Arrows and we already have Dodge and AC for this (redundant). I assume Ravenloft will have Warlocks or new mobs will be?

    "When examining an item and the information is too tall to fit on the screen, the examination panel is now scrollable. If you are viewing it by hovering your mouse over the item, it will scroll automatically. If you are viewing it using Z or whatever key is mapped for Examine, you can scroll using the scroll bar in the traditional manner."

    I have long waited for this. this is awesome!

    "Quivers now have a search bar."

    ah, I think the max amount is 10. will there be quivers in the future that will have higher carrying capacity?
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  12. #12
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Missile deflection and missile penetration. Great. Shut down ranged builds and warlocks. Sooner than later there won't be any dps builds left because nobody wants to play melee in higher end reaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    "Missile Deflection grants a chance to have Missiles or Eldritch Blasts miss you."

    now that I understand this better, I feel Missile Deflection takes away from the unique Deflect Arrows and we already have Dodge and AC for this (redundant). I assume Ravenloft will have Warlocks or new mobs will be?

    "When examining an item and the information is too tall to fit on the screen, the examination panel is now scrollable. If you are viewing it by hovering your mouse over the item, it will scroll automatically. If you are viewing it using Z or whatever key is mapped for Examine, you can scroll using the scroll bar in the traditional manner."

    I have long waited for this. this is awesome!

    "Quivers now have a search bar."

    ah, I think the max amount is 10. will there be quivers in the future that will have higher carrying capacity?
    For both of you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Deflection can be used on gear to give a thematic protection against missiles without needing the heavily scripted current Missile Deflection feats. It scales better than adding another Missile Deflection with its own cooldown, and doesn't have the problem where its usefulness drops off against lots of enemies. The existing feats and enhancements haven't changed from their current implementation.

    No enemies in the game, including Ravenloft enemies, have any Deflection.

    Yes, we could use this in a raid or dungeon encounter to make melee DPS more valuable, but this isn't a stat we plan to add to regular enemies.

    Sev~

  13. #13
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    That totally sucks. The player centric-solution would be a confirmation dialog. How many named items are now practically useless in the context of feeding sentient jewels? The list isn't small.
    Yeah, this bites. SO MANY named items nowadays come with an aug pre-slotted. I'm not paying cash to unslot all this stuff to feed it to my jewel.

    In happier news, I'm not sure which I'm more excited about, the scrolling examination window or the searchable augment bag.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  14. #14
    Community Member -D_Rock-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the depths of the minds who can see it.
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, December 6th from 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 37: Mists of Ravenloft! Click here for the Release Notes.
    Wait a min, i heard you didn't update the notice. Days before you updated the notice. And now your going ahead with what you said you were doing all along? It's the Apocalypse! #Findwaytocomplainfornoreasonotherthantocomplainpe rnormalddoforums
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Magnusss Arcanum of Argonnessen

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post



    That totally sucks. The player centric-solution would be a confirmation dialog. How many named items are now practically useless in the context of feeding sentient jewels? The list isn't small.
    this was to prevent boosting the ML to 28 with a ML 28 augment and getting the higher xp. It is listed as a favor to us, but it is not.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  16. #16
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    That totally sucks. The player centric-solution would be a confirmation dialog. How many named items are now practically useless in the context of feeding sentient jewels? The list isn't small.

    I'd be willing to bet that this was done entirely because they couldn't get the game to distinguish between the ML of the item and the ML of the augment, so you could put a **** ML 28 augment in ML 3 gear to get a bunch of SXP. Considering you can turn in easily-obtainable ingredients for fairly high level augments in a number of places, too, and there are quite a few places where you can effortlessly farm low-level named items with slots . . . well . . .

  17. #17
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Well I actually like missile delfection cause how I see it. Ill be protected from more arrows then deflect arrows ever could do, and instead of just removing and rewriting deflect arrows which probably would cause more issues then necessary. They added something that would work much better.
    Don't get too excited until we see what sources of missile deflection are available. The only thing I saw on Lamma was two sentient item sets that gave a whopping . . . 3%.

    WOO.

  18. #18
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Yeah, this bites. SO MANY named items nowadays come with an aug pre-slotted. I'm not paying cash to unslot all this stuff to feed it to my jewel.

    SO MANY? You mean, a few items in Epic Gianthold and some really low level items that will give like 10xp anyway?

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    this was to prevent boosting the ML to 28 with a ML 28 augment and getting the higher xp. It is listed as a favor to us, but it is not.
    Yeah. I was thinking "Finally a use for the 24/28 level augments!", but nope, 99% of augments are still useless.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that this was done entirely because they couldn't get the game to distinguish between the ML of the item and the ML of the augment
    Clearly they can distinguish an item with an augment slotted from one without. How much more of a leap is it to check the augment level. They already have code that deals with unslotting. Damn it turbine, just forcibly unslot the augments THEN convert the resulting item to jewel food!

    It is what it is but this kind of stuff just casts a bad shadow over notable positives.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload