Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Ravenloft Release Timing

We're putting the final touches on Update 37: Mists of Ravenloft, and are getting ready for next week's release! Stay tuned for a downtime notice next week for the final timing, but we're targeting Wednesday for the release date. We wanted to make sure people were aware of this just in case they were doing some planning around the release date.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Thanks for the notice.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Thats good to hear, When I read in one on the resent threads, that the raid still did not have any decorations , I honestly thought it would be January.

On another note, I bought the expansion last Friday and still have not recieved a email from Digital River, I even sent you a message and didn't hear back from you either... When trying to post a ticket "out of game" I got a message to check email to finish the ticket...

I never got that email either. If it were not for my tenacity and act of God IMO I found my way over to Digital River and found a page to put in the last 4 digits of my card and email used, and my codes came up.

I hope no one else runs into this problem.

Either way All's well that ends well. WOOT Ravenloft!!
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Thanks for the Heads up, yea already booked the day off, and got my snacks gunna totally veg out for 2 days just explorin, taking Screen shots and collectin gear
    Valagar Aloevain of Khyber

Community Member

So when it goes live will the expansion finally be on sale without any of the "fan" stuff included? All I want is the expansion, no bundled in cosmetics or astral shards that I'll never use. How much for just the pack?

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyPaw View Post
    So when it goes live will the expansion finally be on sale without any of the "fan" stuff included? All I want is the expansion, no bundled in cosmetics or astral shards that I'll never use. How much for just the pack?

I have read earlier that the pack itself will not be on sale in the ddo store until this spring.
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Cool.

Let's hope by the time I actually have a character back at cap there will still be people wanting to play the raids since we're only getting a smaller subset of the expansion content for heroic characters to enjoy.

I still have not played deathwyrm or legendary shroud for this reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Cool.

Let's hope by the time I actually have a character back at cap there will still be people wanting to play the raids since we're only getting a smaller subset of the expansion content for heroic characters to enjoy.

I still have not played deathwyrm or legendary shroud for this reason.
    You know, I don't know what crawled up my ass and died that day.

Good luck for Wednesday folks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

March. I want to spend money on the game, I do. But I have to wait until march, because I just want the content. Silly, don't you think?

Edit: But goodluck and have fun folks.
    Beste, Titus.
    Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht rekrutiert.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    March. I want to spend money on the game, I do. But I have to wait until march, because I just want the content. Silly, don't you think?
    That's about it. Can you imagine a regular store trying to market like this? This is the general attitude that comes off from SSG/Turbine:

Pre-order this and we will give you a bunch of stuff some people care about! It will be available Wednesday! Oh, and if you don't want to pre-order, we don't want your money until some time in March. If you're not a fan, we hate you!

Community Member

That's about it. Can you imagine a regular store trying to market like this? This is the general attitude that comes off from SSG/Turbine:

Pre-order this and we will give you a bunch of stuff some people care about! It will be available Wednesday! Oh, and if you don't want to pre-order, we don't want your money until some time in March. If you're not a fan, we hate you!
    seriously? 40$ for an expansion isnt outrageous and I am sure once it comes to the ddo store it will still be 40$ for the standard for a while like the other 2 expansions....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 12201 View Post
    seriously? 40$ for an expansion isnt outrageous and I am sure once it comes to the ddo store it will still be 40$ for the standard for a while like the other 2 expansions....
    They've already said it will be 2495 points.

Community Member

Seriously? $40 is what entire new games cost. An "expansion" is what they call it, but come on. This expansion has what, 12 quests and 2 raids, along with a slayer area. Gianthold alone has 10 quests and 2 raids, along with a slayer area. The only real difference is the new grind for a new weapon augment system.

Community Member

Mobile games you can buy for $10 have more total content than this $40 adventure pack, so yeah, it seems a bit unreasonable. Especially considering how much money you'd have to fork over for the rest of the game to go with that $40 pack.

Community Member

On a serious note:
    I would have paid 40$ for the standard version if they didn't try to squeeze in the stupid "Survivor's Package" in there.
    That right there is a deal breaker for me.
    Why SSG trying to insult my intelligence with 20 AS and a Res.Cake?
    Do you really think I'm this stupid or forgetful as to not remember how much better the previous expansion pack bundles were?
    I bought both MoTU and Shadowfell Collector's Editions in a heartbeat and to this day consider that a GOOD DEAL and MONEY WELL SPENT, despite being underwhelmed by the last expansion.

Whoever came up with this "Survivor Package" BS to be included in ALL of the Bundles deserves to be fired on the spot.

That is all.

Community Member

Seriously? $40 is what entire new games cost. An "expansion" is what they call it, but come on. This expansion has what, 12 quests and 2 raids, along with a slayer area. Gianthold alone has 10 quests and 2 raids, along with a slayer area. The only real difference is the new grind for a new weapon augment system.
    There are 2 raids?

What there is is a debilitating freeze bug that was introduced with the Ravenloft patch which has not been addresses or even commented on by SSG for over a month. THIS BUG WILL NOT GO AWAY BY IGNORING IT. Please fix it before releasing the expansion.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We're putting the final touches on Update 37: Mists of Ravenloft, and are getting ready for next week's release! Stay tuned for a downtime notice next week for the final timing, but we're targeting Wednesday for the release date. We wanted to make sure people were aware of this just in case they were doing some planning around the release date.
    Any update on update? Wasn't today the original day?

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    they said between today and Wednesday me according to me will come out tomorrow so it should not be the day they always do maintenance? is not there?
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

So having to totally revamp all the legacy named weapons across the many years of coding and programmers for the new simple weapon augment system is easy?

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    It was.

However, on one of Cordo's livestreams from last week, he said it might come out tomorrow or Thursday instead.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast