Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fan sponsored Ravenloft Trailer Contest

Dungeons and Dragons Online: Mists of Ravenloft Expansion
    Fan Sponsored Video Trailer Contest (Unofficial)

Contest has concluded - congratulations to all who entered. Results Post

Grand prize goes to Rys for an exciting preorder video to create Ravenloft fervor:

Second place to Alistina for their entry:

Third place to amylee4000 for their entry:

Original Contest Rules (for posterity sake)
    The time has dawned to experience Ravenloft in DDO and then to tell the world about it (via in-game-footage video). The contest starts now and will run until 2 weeks after Dec 6th when Ravenloft was released (so last day is currently December 20th - extending if there's any day long downtimes for patching).

I See Your Words - tell me the PRIZES
    Apparently here at Gratch studious we're running low on elephants, but we have acquired three prizes to encourage your video making talents:
    • 23,000 DDO Point Market Code
    • 5,000 DDO Point Market Code
    • 2 months VIP Code

I Could Use THAT Prize (Gimme the details – or just make up some details)
    Looking for a trailer-length (30 second to 3 minute – maybe 5 minute) video of in-game DDO footage – added graphics/words on top of or spliced into the video is fine as long as the bulk comes from in-game footage. The video should mostly showcase Ravenloft and be Ravenloft themed, but can also contain other DDO action/events. Audio can be in-game, user added, or other sources that don’t violate your video’s hosting licensing agreements or a combination thereof (still checking on whether licensed music that is referenced for purchase via video hosting site such as YouTube is admissible).

Please just one video submission per user – feel free post and later update the video link until the submission deadline (Dec 20th). DDO forums are not hosting your video data - the video must be hosted on a nonSSG video provider such as YouTube, Google, Twitch, etc.

Winners will be announced in this thread and receive a message with their corresponding code 2 days after the contest ends.

FAQ:
    Q: How do I get my rewards when I win?
    A: Winners will be forum DM’ed using the forum name that posts the video link in this thread.

Q: What assurances do I have that the prizes will be delivered? Is this legit?
    A: No real (legal) assurances. All three codes are already purchased.

Q: Who is judging this thing and when will winners be announced?
    A: Judging will be done by Gratch and those he annoys for their opinion if the decision is close. Results announced in this thread two days after the submission deadline (Dec 22nd).

Q: How much swearing is allowed in this video?
    A: Swearing should be in the form of traditional Barovian swears. Just using English swears shows reduced creativity and decreases the Ravenloft Mojo.

Q: Will Standing Stone Games or WotC or DDO Fansites feature my video in any manner?
    A: I’ve spoken to a few people in power but no guarantees of anything due to time/holidays/bandwidth/marut has detected chaos and is chasing down said entity at this moment.

Q: Where do I host this video and how do I submit it for this contest?
    A: As listed above, host the video on a video hosting service and then provide a link to that video in this thread.

Q: How do I make videos?
    A: Sorry. I only know how to draw dragons

Q: Do you recommend a resolution/video settings for this trailer video?
    A: I usually prefer higher resolution is better but matching the themes of Ravenloft and how they are presented in DDO is the highest priority.

Q: Why didn’t you include a Ravenloft preorder package in the prizes?
    A: While people could ostensibly video on Lamannia for free and require a Ravenloft preorder, I decided the larger percentage either already have Ravenloft or would rather just have the DDO points.

Q: Are you a “DDO Whale” and just flinging your whale blubber on the rest of us?
    A: No and yes.

Q: I didn't order Ravenloft - that's why I want these DDO Points - Why are you excluding me!?!
    A: Three free Ravenloft previews were run by SSG on Lamannia. If you missed those then I'm sorry.

Q: Do you have any backend DDO resources to help my video making?
    A: While there are some music and background files on the ddo website, I do not have any access beyond what’s on the ddo.com website and this nice Strahd wallpaper or what you can obtain in game.

Q: What if the only entry is one 30s looping meme of Strahd drinking wine? Do I win all 3 codes?
    A: I will be very sad if that is the only entry, but still limit the contest to one code per unique entry. Also, that’s not wine he’s drinking.

Q: Won't we be embarrassed when the official DDO Ravenloft trailer comes out?
    A: Last official communication from SSG is they are not currently planning on an official trailer for Ravenloft so they can focus on the game and getting it ready for December release. Even if they release a video trailer that is the most mind blowing video ever... this contest will continue for fan videos. Extra media and coverage of their game is usually appreciated.

Q: OMG, this is the worst contest ever – what about my perscapacity!?
    A: Erm… I dunno. I’m sure there’s a lot I haven’t thought about. This is my first contest. Feel free to send me a forum message and I’ll correct the post, add more FAQ&A, or maybe I'll just ignore you because TWSWD (That’s What Strahd Would Do).
    Last edited by Gratch; 12-23-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Better formatting
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

All the video entries collected in one location in order of applicant entrance. I believe I have the latest entry for each.
    (only replaced the original entry by Alistina with a later one). No judging is done yet - just collecting in one place.

(forums won't let me post more than three videos per response - so below is a listing of links to the videos)

THE WATCHERY

Let me know if I missed one or linked to a work in progress instead of the final entry.
    Last edited by Gratch; 12-21-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Thank you for running this contest. Hopefully, the community will get a quality Ravenloft release trailer because of it.

Smile

Wow!!!. This is true??... Im in.... dusting my old Pinnacle Studio,.. but due RL I cannot guaranteed... lets see what can I do... starting in 3..2...1

This is really nice, but I have one question:

The trailer should be somewhat Ravenloft themed, but Lamannia is gonna be open for 1-2 days max. Isn't it gonna be hard to get the recording in such small time frame? Maybe Cordovan can help us a little here, maybe we can get Lamannia stay open for more? Or at least in the weekend?

EDIT: I just missed that the contest goes until 19th December, so that kinda answers my own question. My bad
    Last edited by Wizza; 11-14-2017 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

This is awesome. Don't know if I'll enter, but very cool contest!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    This is awesome. Don't know if I'll enter, but very cool contest!!
    Feel free to reconsider if the content inspires you. Though I realize there's a bunch of holidays and people get busy this time of year doing other things.
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

I am going to attempt to make a trailer as the deadline is December 19th. I will have more free time next month. This will be my first fan video ever.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Very cool to see this. I will definitely consider making a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    +1 to you, great initiative!

I can't wait to see what people cook up!

Here's a collection of links to DDO music. Nothing from Ravenloft, but might be of use to some people.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Soundtrack
    • Zig Zag to avoid arrows, Fireballs, Fireball-tipped arrow, and arrow-tipped Fireballs.
    • That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    • Kobold still hate you.

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default Good Luck!

For those that need some advice on how to create a good video DDOCast recently talked with Cordovan & Strimtom for over an hour about Livestreaming which is essentially the same thing, just live.

I'd be happy to answer as many questions as I can for those looking to participate but unsure how to make a video and I'm sure Cordovan and Strimtom (and Voodu) would likely also be willing to help new video makers.

Some quick programs you might like to try:
    Video Recording: Open Broadcast Software Studio
    Audio editing: Audacity (need a plug in for exporting mp3s, its LAME something or other)
    Video Editing: Windows Movie Maker (you can mute the video sound and import a mp3 audio to overlay!)

all of these programs are free and what I use to do DDOCast.
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Looks like Lamannia will be open Friday to Monday with preview 2.
    Details Here

Nice! Great contest, Gratch!

And for Ravenloft lovers, don't forget to participate in my Best Screenshot Super Special Ravenloft Edition (or something like that) here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...enloft-Edition!

(Feel free to cross-post in my thread, Gratch)

To SSG: Hire this person and pay him/her sh*tloads of money.
    Beste, Titus.
    Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht rekrutiert.

Very cool Gratch.

Ill give this some thought, Ravenloft is one of my favorite all time modules, and certain aspects are classic thematics for video content.

Lamannia is open now with most content available to be video'd (minus 1/2 raids and a quest).
    Details Here

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Lamannia is open now with most content available to be video'd (minus 1/2 raids and a quest).
    I will use Patrick from DDOCast's suggested software applications above in this thread for the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    *trailer video*
    Wow. Nice work! I like it.

(and YouTube even posted it in high def for you, lucky!)
    Last edited by Knobull; 11-18-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    "... none but ourselves can free the mind." - Marcus Garvey, 1937

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast