Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Summoner's Spectacles: Goggles
    [*][*]Conjuration Focus (Heroic: +3) (Legendary: +8)
    [*][*]Insightful Conjuration (Heroic: +2) (Legendary: Quality +1)
    [*][*]Spell Penetration (Heroic: +3) (Legendary: +8)
    [*][*]Quality Mystic Diversion (Heroic: +2%) (Legendary: +7%)
    Quality Mystic diversion 2% cracks me up each time look at this list. It's not a bad item all in all or anything, but that effect seems like absurdism. How did we ever make it through heroics in the past without that 2% reduction in threat generation from magical damage?
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Quality Mystic diversion 2% cracks me up each time look at this list. It's not a bad item all in all or anything, but that effect seems like absurdism. How did we ever make it through heroics in the past without that 2% reduction in threat generation from magical damage?
    Agreed. Somehow I don't think the Legendary 7% is going to make much difference either.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Default Why?

I'm curious as to why there's Kobolds in Ravenloft? When I previewed the Ravenloft stuff Monday/Tuesday ran into 2 kobolds. Don't know about anyone else, but that, that took me out of the immersion of Ravenloft. Please don't let there be Kobolds in the final version.
    Main Toon: Nymnoyn Orlyett (Orien, main server).
    Alts: Fairza; Mordook (Orien);
    Alt Toon/Server: Nymnoyn (Sarlona main toon).

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_65270 View Post
    I'm curious as to why there's Kobolds in Ravenloft? When I previewed the Ravenloft stuff Monday/Tuesday ran into 2 kobolds. Don't know about anyone else, but that, that took me out of the immersion of Ravenloft. Please don't let there be Kobolds in the final version.
    As mentioned in the known issues post Kobolds are in place of new monster types that are not yet in such as Shambling Mounds.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Misc

Many NPCs and monsters do not have final/correct names, or dialog.
    • Some monsters do not have correct appearances.
    • Animated brooms currently look like animated armors.
    • Shambling Mounds currently look like Kobolds.
    • Vargouilles look like the dev instead of the D&D monster.
    • Flameskulls are still being tweaked.
    • Barovian Witches, Barovian Trappers, Mountain Folk, Corrupt Watchmen, and most rares do not have correct appearances.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

As mentioned in the known issues post Kobolds are in place of new monster types that are not yet in such as Shambling Mounds.
    Ah. Had not seen that List.
    Main Toon: Nymnoyn Orlyett (Orien, main server).
    Alts: Fairza; Mordook (Orien);
    Alt Toon/Server: Nymnoyn (Sarlona main toon).

Quote Originally Posted by mraz View Post
    as a dc caster i dont think i'll ever wear any of these... both 2 or 5 (lol) pcs set. slavers sorcery set is lower lvl and you cant even compare bonuses on these two sets.

i was hoping for more new effects tbh. this is just not appealing even tho some stats on items are higher then i have now... but overall its just meh.

oh, and i agree... instead lvl10, these items should be 20. as my main still needs some past lifes (epic, heroic whatever..) i made a universal gear set for heroic and epic lvls. from 18 to 26 i wear lvl15 named, gs and some CC items...
    As a DC caster I completely agree with this. I also think that the legendary versions of Cleric abilities like sacred etc should be better than the heroic versions to make turning a bit easier at elite and reaper level.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

Nor should they be, I'd really like to NOT see a bunch of stuff right now. TMI also relates to preview servers.

Major drawback to a preview is the surprise is ruined at the sake and cost of finding bugs and glitches.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I was going to give detailed feedback. I'm far too disillusioned to do so right now, however. I gave some detailed feedback on these items a month and a half ago and I don't see much to indicate that my feedback (or anyone else's for that matter) was heard before. Sorry if that sounded rude my tone was intended to sound frustrated not snarky.

So just a couple of points that I'm going to reiterate:

1: FULLSTOP with the separate base saves.

If you guys want to add a separate quality save fine, however we have been using Resistance (a bonus to all saves) for years and we like it that way! When you separate the base saves (for example Reflex on Flightfoot Greaves) I personally see it as a WASTED item enchantment.

That's right, fluff occupying an enchantment on the item that makes it look less worthwhile. A reminder: we can insert a Resistance augment into ANY blue or green slot. Just one further note on the subject, be careful with insightful bonus to saves as well, because we also have Parrying and in case you weren't aware this ALSO gives an insightful bonus to... wait for it... ALL saves.

2: Deathblock

Deathblock is awesome for the heroic items but only because you can't (augment) slot Deathblock till level 12. So Deathblock occupying an enchantment slot on a heroic level 10 item is fine. However, the epic items need the old style Deathblock VI used on the Glorious Dawn ring for me not to feel cheated because otherwise its exactly the same enchantment as a level 12 augment... on a level 29 item. Do you see my point?

3: Heroic Vs. Epic and NON-scaling effects.

There are a number of items that simply DO NOT have enough difference between the heroic and epic version. Which is weird because the level difference is extreme. For the most part this is caused by so many NON-scaling effects. Some items have only one non-scaling effect, some have two, at least one has 3 (Dawn's Herald). The result of this is that the heroic item looks awesome but the epic item looks pathetic. My suggestion would be to add an extra SCALING effect to the item to give the epic version more differentiation from the heroic version. In the example (Dawn's Herald) insightful or quality wisdom, or either of charisma, or something to do with light or positive spellpower. Anything that scales. Or and this is an equal possibility, give the epic version an effect that the heroic version doesn't have at all.

4: Caster items

There are a number of caster belts listed. One gives fire/acid, one is cold/electrical, and the final one is negative/positive. You are missing a force/light option for ALL the evoker clerics/favored souls that you just made so much effort to make viable again. I suggest -

Rope of Divine Power
    Waist, ML 10
    Radiance +77, Impulse +77, Radiant Lore +11%, Kinetic Lore +11%, Empty Blue Augment Slot

Legendary Rope of Divine Power
    Waist, ML 29
    Radiance +202, Impulse +202, Radiant Lore +29%, Kinetic +29%, Empty Blue Augment Slot

For clerics and favored souls so we can have fun with Implosion, Blade Barrier, Cometfall, Sunburst, Sunbolt, Searing Light, etc.

5: Old rare effects that could be recycled for more interesting items:

Scorching Sun
    Eternal Fire
    Healer's Bounty
    Radiance Guard
    Sunburst/Greater Sunburst
    Weaken Undead
    Weaken Construct (those scarecrows are definitely scary)
    From the Shadows
    Shadow Spike
    Improved Deception
    Nightmare Guard
    Boon/Greater Boon of Undeath
    Fearsome/Roar
    Permanent Nihil
    Nightsinger
    Smoke Screen (renamed something to do with mists)

I combed through wiki looking for old effects that might be flavorful for Ravenloft, I'm sure I missed some but these strike me as having potential. Also just an aside but how in Shavarath did Halcyon Mind get left off of the epic Halcyonia? I mean, really, that seems so obvious.

I could give detailed feedback again, at least on the items I think are the worst offenders. I genuinely care about this game and want this expansion to go well and be a must have adventure like Vale was back in the day.
    +1
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

Default Legendary Barovian Nobles Regalia: Clothing bugged !!! Actual effects are heroic

[*]Barovian Nobles Regalia: Clothing

Exceptional Universal Spell Lore (Heroic: +3%) (Legendary: +10%)
    Exceptional Universal Spell Power (Heroic: +8) (Legendary: +20)
    Fortification (Heroic: +77%) (Legendary: +202%)
    Shield Bonus to Armor Class (Heroic: +6) (Legendary: +19)
    Green Augment Slot

The "exceptional" spell lore and power bonusees seem to be bugged... I tried it on Lamania and I'm not getting the full listed legendary values.

Instead i'm getting a +3 on spell crits (instead of listed +10)
    and +8 spell power (instead of the listed +20)

The AC and fortification bonus however are showing up correctly.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Set bonuses would be automatically improved if all the two set packages could be part of the five set packages.

Also, perhaps make all the five set packages only require four items instead?

That would help, then refine/balance/improve the set bonuses.

Default odd, very odd

Knight of the Shadows Set:
    When 2 pieces are equipped:
    You gain a (Heroic: +10) (Legendary +20) Artifact bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Ratings
    You gain a +50% Artifact bonus to threat generation with weapon attacks

Vistani Fighter's Sash: Belt
    Stunning (Heroic: +6) (Legendary: +22)
    Vertigo (Heroic: +6) (Legendary: +22)
    Vitality (Heroic: +19) (Legendary: +67)
    Deadly (Heroic: +5) (Deadly: +16)
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Platemail of the Barovian Lord: Heavy Armor
    Parrying (Heroic: +2) (Legendary: +9)
    Physical Sheltering (Heroic: +14) (Legendary: +50)
    Insightful Resistance (Heroic: +2) (Legendary: +7)
    Blue Augment Slot

Why would a dual wielding dagger user, wear platemail armor? I know the Vistani lore pretty well, and I don't recall platemail being a staple armor. Wear is the scarf? The Vistani are gypsy-like nomads, roaming, exploring, and masters of information gathering and selling. A Vistani caravan is both beautiful and dangerous to encounter. Music and dance hide the trail of blood from some unfortunate soul who stuck their nose in places best ignored.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_65270 View Post
    As mentioned they are used as placeholders but there is no reason a Kobold would be out of place in Ravenloft. They do in fact exist there.

All of the evocation bonuses (both insightful and regular) residing among the sets are on cloaks. Not sure on the schools and others already mentioned the displacement on top of a blurry item.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I dont want to distract the loot discussion thread further with play styles discussions, so I will comment more specifically on lesser displacement on a ML 10 item.

If designing questionably OP loot to sell content is necessary, than we might as well dismiss any discussions on character power balanced against content. If more players stopped embracing the power creep, than DDO might be a very different game.

Perm Lesser Displacement on an item devalues further specific classes. The game continues to trend towards homogenization.

It devalues clickies like GS, as if heroic Shroud needs more reasons to not be run, and flasks from the remnant vendor. Why spend remnants on a flask with a short duration and long cooldown when I can equip an item that never dispels or have to manage clickies usage?

A caster specific spell, especially one that is a big boost to survivability, should at best be found on very limited loot and rare to find or as a clicky also limited and rare to craft/find. Things like this just helps trivialize content more.

Reaper is not a good benchmark to use to accept more power creep. There are casual through elite difficulties that many other players play in. Bench marking Reaper as the standard to discussions just hurts the game in other areas. Reaper related issues should be discussed in Reaper threads.
    Nice spin, claiming that now noone would buy the flask or build the clickies.
    So, lets take a elite pug i ran last night, a guildy twisted my arm into joining a LE tempest spine. It was a totaal cluster frell. 10+deaths for most but 30+ deaths for the ranger, rog and barb. They still can't take the damage more then a year down the line and filled with slavelords and top tier canith crafted gear. This prior to the boss fight btw.
    One aoe by the ineveteble killed all but 1 ranged and caster toons( and the tank was unharmed). The blackbones near the trapped bridge decimated the party.
    Melees are more then the fighters and palies in their stance and feat boosted armors and even the smart ones use perma displacement in the form of clickies in order to survive LE.

The claims you made now and back then made me doubt you're even aware of end game melees and the situation they are in, more importantly, what you you think your opinion on melees in endgame means to those that are in that situation?
    Don't get me wrong, your opinion, your voice counts too but do you think it should weigh as heavy on topics you have demonstrated time and time again, you're not part off?

I was clearly talking about the non reaper situation, most people on the forum currently agree that purely mechanicly speaking some classes are far stronger in reaper because certain playstyles have an easier time exploiting the mechanics of this old game engine.

Now as for the displacement set, as someone pointed out, it's light armor, so mostly rog and ranger, they are the 2 possibly melee classes that lack their own displacement.
    Will it realy help them? I doubt it, even with all the greensteel clickies they die all over the place due to lack of hp and prr. Most smart endgame elite rangers and roguesi know of switched to ranged to compensate for the current meta, the alternative proved too frustrating for them.

So let me repeat this again for you, leg. elite is hard on light armor melees, this could help them out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I believe that was his point to you. That other people (most people) might run slower, easier, and less hours a day than you.

You acted like everyone plays like you. You are definitely a minority. The majority of players do not play hours and hours of efficient questing at reaper level 5-8 every day. The majority do not have hundreds of thousands of extra remnants in the bank. The majority do not have 5 displacement clickables.
    I was merely pointing out that a lot of people have opinions on endgame but apperently have no idea on how it is run.
    End game melees without 3 displacemment clickies have no place in the endgame community over here( if their class doesn't give them any).
    It's a mere adaptation to the game.
    If the devs didn't go overboard with mob hp and mob dps all the time, the melee players wouldn't be in this situation.
    I rather not have the powercreep but i would like to keep pace with the rest of the endgame community. So mostly wizards and warlocks at this stage.

But i am however puzzled by your awnser, perma displacement is a mere quality of life fix for people like me, it could potentially do a lot of good to the majority of the game, as you put it.
    With the incredible difficulty increase over the years and one of the devs stating that they will make thing harder, why wouldn't you want more paying customers catching up?

Some general remarks

1) I don't like 5-item sets because it restrict your choices. On the other hand, here your list have lot of items (previous sets you didn"t had ANY choice) so that's a good point
    2) Will/Reflex/Vigor saves bonus are not good. Everyone goes for Resistance/parrying because we need to improve all saves and nobody will waste 3 slot to increase the 3 saves. Unless individual bonus are way higher than resistance/parrying OR they stack with it
    3) Some items could be used alone on their own, some are lame and will only be used to complete a set
    4) some values are too weak. Fortification 77% at level 10 when an augment give 100%
    5) None scalable effects : most are ok/good at level 10, but often useless at lvl 29.
    6 ) The level 10 armor have weak fortification. The lvl 29 armors are not good enough vs LHox/LTS armors

The good point :
    Augment slot on nearly all items

Now about the set bonus

Adherent of the Mists Set: 3/10
    Profane bonus to skill : only useful for some builds
    Fear immunity : can be done by an augment
    Vampirism : average at level 10, useless at lvl 29

Herald of Dawn Set: 0/10
    Only useful bonus is ghost touch at level10

Silent Avenger Set : 7/10, could be up to 9/10 if the following is solved
    Bonus : blurry when one of the item give blur ????
    Parrying enchantment grants Insight bonus to armor class and saving throws. WHat give Insight Resistance ? only bonus to Save ???
    Drawback : only 2 items, force you to be in light armor

Crypt Raider Set: 6/10
    The set bonus are good. Too bad it force you to be in medium armor

Beacon of Magic Set: 2/10
    The bonus are good, but restricted to warforged/bladeforge
    Add a robe and you have a 9/10
    Why green augment on one belt and yellow on the other ?

Knight of the Shadows Set: 7/10
    Belt is ok, see point 6 for armor

AHHHH!!!! Shambling Mounds!!!!! This makes me happy!!!
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Maybe it wasn't such a great idea having an intern design all the loot for your new expansion. At least I believe that was the case, I am sorry if I misunderstood.

Another thing that puzzles me is the art department's aversion for creating any new art for orbs and runearms. Orbs especially since all they would require is simple color variety yet they are mostly that ugly blue with an ankh on them. Just look at the elemental orbs from U35, they could have at least had a color to match their element yet they are all ugly blue with an ankh. Now we have an expansion that costed us a small fortune and the new orbs are ugly blue with an ankh on them, what gives?

We also have yet to receive any decent looking runearms. I understand only one class can use them so variety is not as important but this is an expansion, an expensive expansion. Recycled art for new named items is sort of insulting.
    Speaking of runearms, we have 2 new runearms in this expansion. Both which look identical, both have combustion and Tira's splendor, both have the exact same imbue. What is the deal guys? seriously.
    The last pack that added rune arms also had 2 near identical versions with very little to split them in looks or performance, cant say I would use either of the new fire ones though as I already have Tiras Splendour for low levels and once at 29 the bee gun from HoX just cant be touched for damage output.

Also, why do all of the new xbows repeaters etc have me swinging my fists like some melee meathead? I'm a ranged arty for a reason that I'm way to squishy to go toe to toe, please make me go pew pew pew again soon.

Will there be any more items for paladins? Cloak with deflection bonus to ac and hitpoints would be awesome. Most of the stuff posted is nice for certain builds but it should have better stats than slavers gear more so than what has been posted.
    Last edited by Alcides; 11-10-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnumbra View Post
    Knight of the Shadows Set:
    When 2 pieces are equipped:
    You gain a (Heroic: +10) (Legendary +20) Artifact bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Ratings
    You gain a +50% Artifact bonus to threat generation with weapon attacks

Vistani Fighter's Sash: Belt
    Stunning (Heroic: +6) (Legendary: +22)
    Vertigo (Heroic: +6) (Legendary: +22)
    Vitality (Heroic: +19) (Legendary: +67)
    Deadly (Heroic: +5) (Deadly: +16)
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Platemail of the Barovian Lord: Heavy Armor
    Parrying (Heroic: +2) (Legendary: +9)
    Physical Sheltering (Heroic: +14) (Legendary: +50)
    Insightful Resistance (Heroic: +2) (Legendary: +7)
    Blue Augment Slot

Why would a dual wielding dagger user, wear platemail armor? I know the Vistani lore pretty well, and I don't recall platemail being a staple armor. Wear is the scarf? The Vistani are gypsy-like nomads, roaming, exploring, and masters of information gathering and selling. A Vistani caravan is both beautiful and dangerous to encounter. Music and dance hide the trail of blood from some unfortunate soul who stuck their nose in places best ignored.
    You're assuming that "Vistani Fighter" means "A Vistani who is a Fighter" not "Someone who fights AGAINST the Vistani". Also, Vistani Knife Fighter is a generic tree not linked to any particular armor type.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast