Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Five Rings - I want it to ONLY swap out to my ring and NOT my Trinket... How?

I JUST noticed that when I swap out my ring, which I have for search and open locks, and swap back (from my hotbars) that the trinket (Vibrant Purple) is replaced with the Five Ring. I REALLY don't want that. How do I make the 5 ring only swap with ring? My 2nd choice is to craft my search and open lock items for something other than ring but before I do that I wanted to check with y'all.

Thank you in advance,
    Dew

Community Member

No way because it's WAI. At least so devs say all time. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewboy691 View Post
    I JUST noticed that when I swap out my ring... and swap back (from my hotbars) that the trinket (Vibrant Purple) is replaced with the Five Ring.
    I'm confused (both by the OP and the response above) - you're saying a trinket is replaced w/ a ring?

Not sure how that can be, never heard of a ring in a trinket slot (altho' some would see this as a bonus).

Am I reading you wrong?

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Vibrant_Purp...(unsuppressed)
    o http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Five_Rings

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    I'm confused (both by the OP and the response above) - you're saying a trinket is replaced w/ a ring?

Not sure how that can be, never heard of a ring in a trinket slot (altho' some would see this as a bonus).

Am I reading you wrong?

Three Slavers crafting items can go into different locations, they have a primary and secondary default. (technically 3 for the ring)
    Items will fill empty viable slots before replacing item from primary default location.
    They have the nice feature of being able to give equipable flexibility to these customizable set items..
    Equipping the item sometimes has an annoyance of being slotted to the items primary location when hot-swapped with another item on the hotbar and not back to its desired equipped location.

For instance, If I have the chains (neck,belt) equipped in a belt slot and hotbar clicky another belt item, then hotbar select my chains again to put it back into the belt slot.. the chains will (by default) swap my neck item instead of going back to the belt spot I wanted them in.
    Have to manually drag the chains into the belt slot to re equip that item into the belt slot.
    The workaround is to equip the item in a non-hotswap location, or equipping it to the primary location if used for hotswapping.

Five rings for instance, can equip into the ring, secondary ring, trinket.

Chains - Neck, Waist

Shackles - wrists, feet

]

Not sure why the Five rings is hotbar loading to his trinket slot while the trinket slot is occupied by another item since that is not the primary default location for that ring..default should be first ring slot.. worth bug reporting...

Would have liked to have seen a meta option like for spells to default the items load location from the hotbar..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-04-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Community Member

Default Helpful

Am I reading you wrong?

If you are doing the tr thing like a lot of us these items are very very useful. min lvl 8 and can have +5 stat with an exceptional +1 stat. So +6 to stat at lvl 8 plus lots of other options on one item.

Community Member

It hotbars to the first spot listed, just like rings only go to one ring slot from hot bar.

This is WAI, even though it's annoying. I use my shackles as feet a lot and they default to wrist. The way I deal with it is, to hotkey my swaps for both slots, when I click the shackles I take them from my wrist to feet, then use wrist hotkey.

Community Member

Yes, as JotMon explained and swapping it around like C-Dog described would be fine if it wasn't pulling 200+sps every time it pulls my trinket off. I'll put a bug ticket in and/or ask Cordovan on Wednesday live stream. There SHOULD be a default.

Oh well, thank you all for the insight.

Community Member

This entire issue could be avoided easily with client side settings for items.

• Right click item with multiple slots -> Select Default Slot
    • Data is saved client side
    • When item is equipped perform normal validation through server.

This also would solve all of these abilities that disable every time you log on:

• Right click toggle ability -> Select Default LogOn setting of On/Off
    • Data is saved client side
    • When you log in client tells the server which state the client would prefer and normal validation of activating the ability is handled.

Though to be honest at this point I don't know that even simple things like this can easily be implemented given the sheer amount of technical debt that is evident just from the user experience side of things.
    Are you a Reaper 10 God? Tell me all about it.

Default Default Slots

Chains - Neck
    Shackles - Wrist
    Five Rings - Trinket

So WAI
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 43, 48, 21, 36, 108. EvilOzz 33, 48, 6, 29, 88. Ozzistheworst 32, 32, 11, 1, 20. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dewboy691 View Post
    There SHOULD be a default.
    There is a default it just isn't the one you want with your gear setup. I have the same problem with shackles.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    There is a default it just isn't the one you want with your gear setup. I have the same problem with shackles.
    All true, but I think (or hope at least) they meant there should be a way to set the default (like what I mentioned above).
    Are you a Reaper 10 God? Tell me all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    Chains - Neck
    Shackles - Wrist
    Five Rings - Trinket

So WAI
    Five Rings would not be WAI according to the description in the pic.
    First Finger, Second Finger, Trinket.

This makes the First finger the hot swap default, not the Trinket.
    Either the description is wrong or the hot swap default is wrong.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    This makes the First finger the hot swap default, not the Trinket.
    Either the description is wrong or the hot swap default is wrong.
    unless the slots are listed alphabetically, instead of by priority

The SL items should have an internal switch (e.g. right click menu) that sets the default slot for that particular item, along with an accompanying visual cue (border change, background color change etc).

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Three Slavers crafting items can go into different locations, they have a primary and secondary default. (technically 3 for the ring)

Five rings for instance, can equip into the ring, secondary ring, trinket...
    Ah, don't own Slavers, so I just looked at the text on the wiki page, not the jpg of the item itself - how odd.

Well, good luck with that! :/

Ah, don't own Slavers, so I just looked at the text on the wiki page, not the jpg of the item itself - how odd.

Well, good luck with that! :/
    Oh, I think Slavers is a must buy chain. More in the range of the Vale of Twilight pack about crafting your own accessories.
    Its a good chain. *grins*. Its a must buy if you are a farmer with the Mabar farming spirit till your eyes bleed.

Compare it to the Dwarven Mines of Tethyamar, I would rather not hear, "The Jewels of Ardor, its brightness, .... become rich like a King..."

As for the default slots, I think the developers would have to code something non-generic for the slavers loot to pick the default slot. But I like the idea. Much like the meta-magic default choices for spells; except these are icons for the slavers accessories that you crafted.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    The SL items should have an internal switch (e.g. right click menu) that sets the default slot for that particular item
    Or they could just make some crafting recipes that are specific to these items and let you change them into items that only go in a particular slot -- and vice versa. The devs seem to be really good at making crafting recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggusz View Post
    Or they could just make some crafting recipes that are specific to these items and let you change them into items that only go in a particular slot -- and vice versa. The devs seem to be really good at making crafting recipes.
    Now that's a legit solution.

They've implied (or outright said) that giving them a right-click menu similar to metamagics would be problematic. But this solution sounds downright possible.

How about it, devs? Can you add a crafting recipe that assigns these multi-slot items a single slot? As in, put any Five Rings into the machine and choose either trinket or ring. That particular Five Rings now ONLY goes into the slot you chose. Put that same Five Rings back into the machine and choose the other one, now that particular Five Rings ONLY goes in the other slot.

Community Member

A more general solution would be to add every gear location (head, goggles, hands, boots etc.) to the keymap list.

While we're discussing it, as I've (and probably others have) suggested, there need to be gear sets just like there are weapon sets.

Adding gear sets would address the SL gear defaults as well as keymapping gear locations.

The devs wanted to give these items more flexibility so they allowed them to be equipped into more than one slot. Which is pretty easy to do since each item likely has a simple slot mask value. The item will default to the slot that corresponds to the lowest order bit in the mask. This effectively gives items a primary slot and alternate slot(s). When you double-click the item in inventory or activate from a hotbar it will be equipped to the primary slot.

It would add a whole new set of problems if they added new UI elements where items could be configured to use specific slots. Some people may like wearing their underwear as a hat, but is that really a good idea.

As has been suggested by others and in my post below, a 'tethering' method might work. It would all depend on how the items are stored within the character. If the item is an actual copy of the base item template and has its own values it would be easy to modify the local slot mask value. However, given their statements in the past, some items, especially named items, might just be a reference to the base item template. This means all copies of that item share the same properties.
    Last edited by phinius; 11-06-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Now that's a legit solution.

They've implied (or outright said) that giving them a right-click menu similar to metamagics would be problematic. But this solution sounds downright possible.

How about it, devs? Can you add a crafting recipe that assigns these multi-slot items a single slot? As in, put any Five Rings into the machine and choose either trinket or ring. That particular Five Rings now ONLY goes into the slot you chose. Put that same Five Rings back into the machine and choose the other one, now that particular Five Rings ONLY goes in the other slot.
    Very good idea, they did this in Asheron's Call with tethers. A tether would force an item to the off-hand when equipping (rings and one-handed weapons only). Very similar but not quite the same. I would love this ability. On most chars I have been able to arrange the slavers items to use the primary slot but not on all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast